Which deal would you take for your club?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
This talk about trophies vs league position discussion got me thinking, which of the following scenarios would you pick if you had to choose one for your club in the next 5 years.
3 premier leagues vs 1 europa league, 1 champions league, 2 fa cups and 1 league cup.

or more extreme the following :

1 europa league, 1 champions league, 2 fa cups and 1 league cup but your club never finishes top half of the table after the first of the 5 years vs top 4 every year (as high as second) and champions league football but no cups.
Bear in mind, the club would be in champions league 3/5 of those years by winning the europa league and champions league.

Your second scenario just wouldn’t happen. It’s not realistic.

in your first scenario, I’d take the 3 PL titles every day of the week.

Ole'sattheWheel

3 PL for me, but I can see why someone would prefer the latter. Winning the CL is an amazing feeling as a fan

Paul_Scholes18

I take the CL title I think. It is the biggest and then the other cups too is nice.

3 Pl is nice, but become a bit boring when you win it every year. Of course if you win it like City did over us I might take that.

Pagh Wraith

Completely unrealistic scenarios but let's ignore that for a moment. I'd always pick winning the Champions League over any number of league titles.

Pagh Wraith

You'd really take 1 CL over 5 PL?
Always. Champions League winners will be remembered by everyone. It is the biggest trophy in club football and I don't think anything comes close to it. The knockout stages are the highlight of my season as a football fan and no league game could excite me like that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Multiple premier leagues over Europe any day of the week.
How can you favour a solitary Euro cup over loads of leagues? The league is always the most important thing, beating those hated rivals, stopping Liverpool and City etc.
It'd never get boring.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
This talk about trophies vs league position discussion got me thinking, which of the following scenarios would you pick if you had to choose one for your club in the next 5 years.
3 premier leagues vs 1 europa league, 1 champions league, 2 fa cups and 1 league cup.

or more extreme the following :

1 europa league, 1 champions league, 2 fa cups and 1 league cup but your club never finishes top half of the table after the first of the 5 years vs top 4 every year (as high as second) and champions league football but no cups.
Bear in mind, the club would be in champions league 3/5 of those years by winning the europa league and champions league.
See my club hasn't won the Champions League, so my pick is skewed.

Crustanoid

We’re not winning either PL or CL soon so it’s a moot point.

However, improving league position, points and performance will eventually lead to titles and make us a better team to also have a better chance in CL.

Saying ‘Ole needs to win the FA cup. That’s more important than our current second place and improving points total/performance’ is misguided

LInkash

Depends who wins the leagues, as long as we're ahead of Liverpool on leagues, I'd take the Champions Leagues, need to catch up with them on that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s pretty close but I’d go 3 PL titles.

My own arbitrary rankings I’ve just made up:
  • CL title = 1.5
  • PL = 1.25
  • Europa = 0.75
  • FA cup 0.5
  • League cup = 0.25
If that’s the case it’s like a trophy ranking of 3.75 for PL wins, and 3.5 for the other cups

Northstand

Multiple premier leagues over Europe any day of the week.
How can you favour a solitary Euro cup over loads of leagues? The league is always the most important thing, beating those hated rivals, stopping Liverpool and City etc.
It'd never get boring.
Completely agree. In fact at the present time I’d prefer a single PL to a CL, irrespective of other minor trophies. I’m sure there were times during United’s domestic dominance under SAF when that might not have been the case.

SirAF

Ageist
I'd take the PL over anything else and I'd take trophies over no trophies.