Which England player will let everyone down?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Gazza, Southgate, Beckham, Gerrard, Rooney

All of these players were responsible for England losing. Who will the new escapegoat be?

Sterling is probably the favourite.

Shaw could also be an escape goat.

Kane? Perhaps but he's too loved in my opinion.

TheReligion

Abusive
Pickford was up to his club buffoonery near the end v Ukraine. He could be a shout.

Away from him I suspect Walker or Stones/Maguire

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it’s been a while since it was a keeper. used to happen every tournament. seaman, james, green, robinson. so i’m going de gea.

jesperjaap

One thing over looked against the Ukraine. Despite a very good performance, our back five which have all been really really good in this tournament, when many myself included, were concerned it was the weak spot in our side....but Pickford, Walker and Stones who had all been pretty much faultless all made a few big errors they got away with which were forgotten because of the score.

I hope it was a one off and not law of numbers as they all seem to make some big mistakes at times. Pickford for his club not England....yet, Walker has made a few mistakes in errors for us in the last world cup and Stone we all know even though far more consistant now, has a rick in him.

Dont like to criticise them as they have all along with Maguire been equally as good as Shaw for me who has got all the plaudits for his assists, no goals conceded, very few clear cut chances conceded and faultless....until Ukraine, let go back to faultless for two more games please

Glorio

If you follow the typical incline of press adulation leading to the sudden crash landing, one does hold some concern for Shaw!

GlasgowCeltic

Kane didn't take enough stick for not passing to Sterling in 2018 for me, so it's only fair he cops it this time

Gazza, Southgate, Beckham, Gerrard, Rooney

All of these players were responsible for England losing. Who will the new escapegoat be?

Sterling is probably the favourite.

Shaw could also be an escape goat.
Kane? Perhaps but he's too loved in my opinion.
What does in his private life is no ones business

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Southgate for not starting Grealish ever will be the criticism if they fail to win IMO

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Reckon it will be Rashford...lot's of people in wait to bring him down

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It'll be Rice or Philips (or both). Then you'll NEVER again see a player from one of the lower down teams in the national team again.

redshaw

Shawberto Carlos is being setup for a huge fall

Realistically I think Southgate will be the escaped goat as not only does he look like one it will be down to him for playing such and such when thingy should've been on instead etc. That's the downside of having a lot of good options.

shaky

Southgate's going to get sent off for headbutting the linesman. You heard it here first.

Pickle85

Pickford was up to his club buffoonery near the end v Ukraine. He could be a shout.

Away from him I suspect Walker or Stones/Maguire
Yep, reckon it'll be Pickford. Actually been decent for England to date even though he's actually shite so the stage is set for him to drop a massive one.

Droid_Repairs

@horsechoker - Dude, you missed out Waddle and Pearce for their penalty misses in 1990.

Fun fact:

As soon as England lost that shootout there was the largest ever recorded drop in the national grid power demand as millions of televisions were suddenly turned off (or even destroyed in outrage)

The grid came under immense strain again a few minutes later as everybody turned their kettle on.

Also, Ince and Batty in 1998.

tomaldinho1

Pickford - having been so solid all tournament is saving up his usual erratic form for tonight. Sent off in the first minute.

El Zoido

Shaw has been so hyped since the weekend, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did a Phil Neville and gave away a penalty to cost us the game.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
None of the above.

We're gonna batter them by an ungodly number of goals tonight, and all the England players involved will receive a knighthood after the game.

Jinx that!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Could actually be the fans/pundits/our media this time round.

We've basically been doing opponents teams talks for them with our attitudes (that question to Kasper was absolutely insane), if Denmark/Italy use that as extra motivation and come out and smash us then I can't say we weren't asking for it.