Which game will be ten Hag's version of Leicester 2014?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The real question is which game will he have Phil Jones taking corners for us again?

Swedish_Plumber

I’d forgotten about this bullshit game. The di Maria goal was enough to win a title let alone a loss to Leicester

Depends on the ref. That game would never have happened if Clattenburg did his job properly. It was one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen in the league both for it's glaring incompetence, and the effect it had on the future.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A different comparison might be the Leicester and Everton games in Pep's first season at City, where he got smashed 4-2 and 4-0. There will definitely be games this season where we get hit hard for goals.

Irwin99

I know this isn't a serious thread but i do wonder if we'll get done on the counter more often with the style of play. It was frustrating to have 65% of the ball in the LVG days and be in control of the game and then get sucker punched.

dubplate warrior

I know this isn't a serious thread but i do wonder if we'll get done on the counter more often with the style of play. It was frustrating to have 65% of the ball in the LVG days and be in control of the game and then get sucker punched.
I reckon this season you'll see us give and receive some batterings.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The first time he realises that most teams have 5 or 6 aerially strong players and watches us try and defend 15 set pieces in a game with only one player who can head it.

RedStarUnited

When his bubble is burst and he switches to a 7-2-1 formation.
Do people realise that the next 27 games after that game our record was;

Won 18
Draw 6
Lost 3 (Man City, Southampton, Swansea)

Beat liverpool home and away. Tottwnham, City and Arsenal wins at home. we started and ended the season badly but the middle part which was after that game was actually pretty decent. If Ten hag can replicate that and not have silly losses like the swansea home and away ones we suffered that year…

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That terrible refereeing decision did us all in. Lost the game, shrank Van Gaal's testicular fortitude and ended Rafael's United career.

Idxomer

Definitely not this one, we were great against Leicester and Clattenburg fecked us big time.

U99ted

We didn't do anything before conceding
Exactly, the slightly joking point that I made is we were 3-1 up against Leicester before an infamous collapse. Versus Brentford we’re just shit from the start. Hopefully we do the Leicester bit and score a bunch in the second half!