Which of our players will end up at Newcastle?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thanks to Conte and Inter for helping out when we needed a friend. Now it may be Newcastle's turn. I hope Howe does us a few solid favours.

Lingard in January? Martial would be a coup for them, no? Bailly? Want yourself some Diogo Dalot? Need a keeper? Have two!

Seriously though, I could see them coming after a few.

Nero

Will they want to drop down to the Championship?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Martial maybe, DvdB.

If we get £30m-£40m for Martial, I'd snap their hand off. He hasn't worked as thought and we're loaded up front.

DvdB only if money is silly. With Pogba possibly going and McFred average, DvdB may come round for us. Anyone checking my posts will know that's a turnaround for me but we need to try something.. anything.

OrcaFat

Martial maybe, DvdB.

If we get £30m-£40m for Martial, I'd snap their hand off. He hasn't worked as thought and we're loaded up front.

DvdB only if money is silly. With Pogba possibly going and McFred average, DvdB may come round for us. Anyone checking my posts will know that's a turnaround for me but we need to try something.. anything.
Yeah. I’ve been up and down on VDB’s prospects. At first I said we should patient and he would get plenty of minutes in a long season. He didn’t get many chances and when he played he was pretty poor so I started to say he probably won’t make it, didn’t look like he could adapt. Now I’m more open to trying him again. Maybe try him at 8 with McT at 6. Sounds awful but can’t be worse than the recent shambles.

On topic I don’t see VDB going to Newcastle. And would they want anyone else we might be willing to let go? I doubt it really.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah. I’ve been up and down on VDB’s prospects. At first I said we should patient and he would get plenty of minutes in a long season. He didn’t get many chances and when he played he was pretty poor so I started to say he probably won’t make it, didn’t look like he could adapt. Now I’m more open to trying him again. Maybe try him at 8 with McT at 6. Sounds awful but can’t be worse than the recent shambles.

On topic I don’t see VDB going to Newcastle. And would they want anyone else we might be willing to let go? I doubt it really.
They'll have a tough time convincing the top players to join for the next two seasons. I remember City going all out for all the Arsenal players, most of whom did not work (maybe none of them), but maybe they thought they were buying mentality, experience, etc. Of course, this United team is worse than the Arsenal team back then, but still, a few options for them that are interesting. You only have to go back to Lingard's loan spell at West Ham. Some of these players might really pick themselves up by playing for a team with much lower expectations. After all, most of them were decent before we bought them, Bailly was promising in La Liga, Lindelof for Benfica (though likely quite overrated), Fred did well for Shakhtar etc.

This was more a spin off thought from the realisation that there's another building job brewing, not as dramatic as before where we needed 11 "fantastic human beings" in order to have a functional team, which in the end didn't work. Depending on who comes in of course.

Red_Aaron

I can certainly see pogba going to the highest bidder, even if that bidder is lowly Newcastle.

They'll pay him a fortune, on and off the books. There's no question in my mind his pig faced agent will have sounded them out to see what's on offer either way and in this post covid world how many clubs will be putting up the big bucks

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I can certainly see pogba going to the highest bidder, even if that bidder is lowly Newcastle.

They'll pay him a fortune, on and off the books. There's no question in my mind his pig faced agent will have sounded them out to see what's on offer either way and in this post covid world how many clubs will be putting up the big bucks
My worry is he'll sign a 5 year deal at United. I can't see him fancying Newcastle for all the money in the world, and rightly so, he won't work for a team working from that low position, but he's likely the second highest profile muslim player in the world (after Salah) which is the only angle I see.

hobbers

They'd be silly not to throw their hat in the ring for Lingard and DVB to be fair. Depending on how much they care about value for money on the wages front, maybe even Henderson, Bailly and Martial.

Belisarius

They'd be silly not to throw their hat in the ring for Lingard and DVB to be fair. Depending on how much they care about value for money on the wages front, maybe even Henderson, Bailly and Martial.
Phil Jones on loan with an option to buy in the summer.

Marcus

Totally agree.

kak31

As others have pointed out, the most obvious one is Lingard. After that, maybe Henderson, Dalot or Telles, though it's probably cheaper to just poach Leno and Tagliafico. Actually, Tuanzebe seems a solid buy, they do have some CBs nearly out of contracts.

I recall Cavani wants to go back to SA, so that's out. DvB and Lindelof should fancy their chances at the starting 11 with a new manager first. Bailly and Martial aren't that attractive really, in sporting or financial sense. Next summer, both still have 2 years and option for 1 more, that means quoting a high price even though we don't need them. With the Saudi money, there're way more promising young players they could take a punt on rather these 2.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't think even Newcastle would take McFred
Yeah like how no PL club would take Lingard and he should have joined Sheffield United.

Players not good enough for Manutd doesn't mean they are not good enough for PL.

Bulldog United

I think McFred would absolutely dominate all teams in the Championship. Newcastle next season is the place to test the theory.

wolvored

Jones martial bailley lingard Fred AWB would all be a good start

CallyRed

Yeah like how no PL club would take Lingard and he should have joined Sheffield United.

Players not good enough for Manutd doesn't mean they are not good enough for PL.
Perhaps bit harsh on McTominay there. Can see him and the Longstaff brothers bossing the midfield against Norwich.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Please take Bailly. Jones is available too...

Wouldn't have too many qualms about losing Lingard, Martial or Pogba in Jan either if I'm honest but I can't see those deals happening.

kps88

Lingard would be a real coup for them, but he can do a lot better than Newcastle. I feel like Martial or Baily in January would be a mistake from Newcastle's point of view. One's moody as feck and the other unreliable. Not the sort of players you want when in a relegation battle.

Luke1995

Maybe Juan Mata ? It appears that Ole won't be giving him any playing time and since he's a big name, it could appeal to the Newcastle owners/fans

MUFCAFC

Supports
Charlton, United
On a side note— when the “deadwood” players do leave, which will go on to be a very good player somewhere else?

Plenty that I can see it happening with… although maybe not to the extent that they end up at a top level club.

meninred

i hope we have Eddie Howe type of player but they have to buy in January to survive. Newcastle stats are shocking to be honest.

croadyman

Every chance Donny could go there unless we make a change before the end of January