g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Which other sport could field the best football team?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
If picking a sport where kicking a ball is a significant part of the game is considered cheating, then my answer is handball

I was tempted to go with rugby, ice hockey or volleyball, but handball is the winner because of the goalkeeper. You'd have a world class shot-stopper as long as the ball doesn't hit the corners of the goal.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
On second thought, as useful as a handball keeper would be, the answer is volleyball for one simple reason: Brazil.

If I'm not mistaken, plenty of professional volleyball players were also more or less semi-professional footballers. If it's not cheating to pick and choose then we could just gather these players and then we have an actual football team :D

Chipper

Adulterer.
Sepak takraw players wouldn't have much stamina but they have a few skills. Might get a few Garnacho style goals.

smallsnc

Supports
Tottenham
American football. Almost all of the placekickers have played football (soccer) had a decent level until they converted to placekicking duties. A few punters and even a couple of NFL kickers were keepers back in the day. Plus there a 4 or 5 elite skill players that play at the US academy level. Would still get killed by a proper team but would look like the new what they were doing in warm ups.