Which PL club will spend the most this summer?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Net or gross spend?

We will sell quite a few players and bring couple in I would guess. Net spend won't be very much, about £20m at most I think.

AshRK

Net or gross spend?

We will sell quite a few players and bring couple in I would guess. Net spend won't be very much, about £20m at most I think.
Net spend should be kept for accounting team. Gross is what matters. One could sell players they don't even want and yet strengthen by spending good amount of money. You lot have enough players on loan or wilderness that probably your own fans won't remember them, so how does it matter how much you get from fans perspective or from judging how much money actually was used to strengthen.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Spend is "Amount spent", net spend is net spend.

Top spenders? I would imagine Chelsea or City with us in 3rd with someone like Everton/ WH/ Pool not far off

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Net spend should be kept for accounting team. Gross is what matters. One could sell players they don't even want and yet strengthen by spending good amount of money. You lot have enough players on loan or wilderness that probably your own fans won't remember them, so how does it matter how much you get from fans perspective or from judging how much money actually was used to strengthen.
We could bring Tomori, Bakayoko, Tammy et al back in to our squad and play them, if Tuchel asked for them. Or we can sell them and replace with players Tuchel actually wants.

If we're just swapping essentially it's not really spending and investing in the team, just moving numbers on the balance sheet around a bit.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Gross spend means 250 mn available to tuchel without add any funds generated through player sales. If he spend that much or not it's upto him and availability of key players with reasonable amount.

AshRK

We could bring Tomori, Bakayoko, Tammy et al back in to our squad and play them, if Tuchel asked for them. Or we can sell them and replace with players Tuchel actually wants.

If we're just swapping essentially it's not really spending and investing in the team, just moving numbers on the balance sheet around a bit.

And that is why I said net spend should be for the finance or accounting department. A manager should be judged on the amount he spends. Say some stupid clubs spends 40 million on Bakayoko, another 50 on Tammy, and some more on fringe players that your manager don't even want or in many cases who weren't even part of your squad last season. But you spend 200 m on buying new players but your net spend is only 30 million, How can that be given as a benefit to the manager? You can't after that say ohh but the manager was not backed. A manager and a team should be judged on how they spend not on how well his negotiating team sells his players

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
And that is why I said net spend should be for the finance or accounting department. A manager should be judged on the amount he spends. Say some stupid clubs spends 40 million on Bakayoko, another 50 on Tammy, and some more on fringe players that your manager don't even want or in many cases who weren't even part of your squad last season. But you spend 200 m on buying new players but your net spend is only 30 million, How can that be given as a benefit to the manager? You can't after that say ohh but the manager was not backed. A manager and a team should be judged on how they spend not on how well his negotiating team sells his players
If chelsea spend 200 mn this transfer window nobody will say our manager not be backed it's net or gross. Even chelsea don't spend much in this window I want chelsea to challenge for title.

Tuchel should challenge and if he needed any upgrade in playing squad chelsea making funds available to him. Coming season fully expect title challenge from tuchel. No excuse whatsoever.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Should be us if we want to make the step up. City might yet Kane (if they also add Grealish then it's fecked). Chelsea I doubt will manage to get Haaland. United should be getting Sancho and on top of that add a top CB and a midfielder if we want to make the step up.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Gross spend means 250 mn available to tuchel without add any funds generated through player sales. If he spend that much or not it's upto him and availability of key players with reasonable amount.
Chelsea are in a position to generate funds through sales this Summer. Could easily have a 100million plus from outgoing.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Is it really gross spending that is important? I would say it is net. I say this as net spend is a better display of how a club uses it finances. I mean if one club spends £300m but raises £250m that shows me they know how to spot players/manage their finances better than a club who goes out and spends £100m but cannot raise any funds because their previous purchases were all duds.