g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Which player do you dislike the most?

hsbajwa316

I'm gonna bump this thing, 'cause there have been so many of these threads already.

I "disliked", feck it, I hated:
  • John Terry (I liked Lampard)
  • Jamie Carragher (I liked Gerrard)
  • Sergio Ramos (I liked Zidane)
  • Oliver Kahn (I liked Babbel)
  • Jesse Lingard (I liked Januzaj)
  • Alan Smith (I liked everyone else)
  • David Seaman (I liked Henry)
  • Gary Neville (Call me crazy. I liked everyone else [not Nicky Butt], but he irritated me)
No rhyme. No reason. I just "disliked" them.
I was never a fan of Nicky Butt either, I was all for the John O'Shea and other squad types, I just felt Butt wasnt at the same level as his team mates and could recall him giving away frustrating fouls/ peno's in champions leagues games as he wasnt up to the technical ability/ pace of the game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I was never a fan of Nicky Butt either, I was all for the John O'Shea and other squad types, I just felt Butt wasnt at the same level as his team mates and could recall him giving away frustrating fouls/ peno's in champions leagues games as he wasnt up to the technical ability/ pace of the game.
Butt was miles better than O’Shea ?

Todd

For the first time in a while I'm not really bothered by anyone in the current squad.

I can't even be bothered by Maguire because he doesn't play, thank the gods.

Scottynaldinho

Harry gets on my nerves. My blood started to boil when I saw him lift the cup with Bruno. Just let Bruno do it.

Anthony Gropetis

Don't like to read the hate on Maguire. I don't think it is fair. He actually has a good defensive record which would surprise (non ignorant) people who decide players worths through reading media opinions/narratives.
Is he top class. No, but is he is not a bad player to have in the squad. He tries!, rarely gives the ball away and can pass well. When a better player becomes available to buy then yes he may be out but for now other certain clubs are buying up all the defenders, who surprisingly seem to be happy to sit on benches for a lot of money.

Sir Erik ten Hag

If we count United players in the recent years, no one gets on my nerves as much as Lukaku. The guy's constant bad touch and lack of presence in big games bother me. It was genuinely a feeling of we would never win anything with him leading the line. Dare I say, even Sanchez would have succeeded more here if he got a proper striker to feed the ball to instead of Lukaku constantly tripping over himself.

I was relieved when we managed to offload him to Inter for a good fee.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Wouldn't be without either of them but Bruno and Antony annoy the shit out of me for their theatrics. McT has a very punchable face.

redcucumber

Wouldn't be without either of them but Bruno and Antony annoy the shit out of me for their theatrics. McT has a very punchable face.
I don't get this. The theatrics and trying to influence the referee is a tactic as old as time. Even Fergie used to try and influence the officials. I'm the opposite. It'd annoy the shit out of me if our players just gormlessly accepted everything that took place.

CloneMC16

I don't get this. The theatrics and trying to influence the referee is a tactic as old as time. Even Fergie used to try and influence the officials. I'm the opposite. It'd annoy the shit out of me if our players just gormlessly accepted everything that took place.
Agreed. Every team needs a shithouse or two. It's part of the game. The team can't be full of nice guys that will accept bullshit.

Antony also riles up the other team. This is useful in getting opposition players booked. It did screw us with Casemiro getting a suspension, but it should be a net positive in the long run.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Strangely Maguire, bit unfair really because he’d be damned if he did and damned if he didn’t. But his miserable face has started to annoy me :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
None of them.

Only United fans would have a thread like this and would only bump it during a period when the clubs looks like its heading back on the right track.
Miserable lot.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Guess I'm more old school when players used to get kicked from pillar to post and just got up and got on with it. I love Bruno but I'd be surprised if he doesn't go down at least 5 times in a game at the slightest touch holding some part of his body. It's a trait that's been infesting football for some time now and personally it's something that really annoys me even from our own players.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Player theatrics never really bothered me that much, from opposition players to our very own.

Dve

I hate Putin and Donald Trump. That's pretty much it.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I hate Casemiro. Turned me into a giddy teenager in love, everytime I see him strolling about the pitch like a king.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Guess I'm more old school when players used to get kicked from pillar to post and just got up and got on with it. I love Bruno but I'd be surprised if he doesn't go down at least 5 times in a game at the slightest touch holding some part of his body. It's a trait that's been infesting football for some time now and personally it's something that really annoys me even from our own players.
Same, I love football so I want the ball in play as much as possible. Players rolling around etc when they aren't actually hurt just ruins and slows down the game. I understand if it's late on and you're trying to run down the clock but it's from minute one these days. Like you I hate it from my own clubs players. Definitely worse when its from players like from Fernandes who then also cry and moan anytime a foul is given against them

The time wasting thing can be funny when it backfires though, Liverpool getting a last minute stoppage time goal against Newcastle or us scoring late against utd after de gea went down just cus nketiah brushed him.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Can’t pick one, sorry. So here’s the short list.
Robertson
Henderson
Milner
Zinchenko
Bruno guimaraes
Mings
Son
Schlupp
Ayew

Dan_F

Can’t pick one, sorry. So here’s the short list.
Robertson
Henderson
Milner
Zinchenko
Bruno guimaraes
Mings
Son
Schlupp
Ayew
Thought you were just going to name the whole Liverpool squad after I got a few names down your list.

Lyng

I love every player in our team at the moment. Even players who have annoyed me before seem to have changed their attitudes and behaviour under Ten Hag.

Mike Smalling

Heung-Min Son will always be up there for me after that ridiculous stunt he pulled when McTominay lightly grazed his cheek.

Edit: The only redeeming elements of that incident was that we won the game, and also the hilarity that ensued when Ole claimed that he would deny his son food if he had done that :lol:

kthanksbye

Harry gets on my nerves. My blood started to boil when I saw him lift the cup with Bruno. Just let Bruno do it.
I've seen a lot of people say that he's been nothing but professional this season, but even I was annoyed when he came on, took the arm band and then shamelessly went on to lift the trophy. Not that he's done anything wrong, but he should know that he's done nothing to deserve that. Could've easily let Bruno keep the arm band, let Case/Rashford lift the trophy with Bruno and celebrated with the team in the background, same place he's been the entire season.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There isnt a player that I hate.

But if the entire squad of Leeds got themselves some diarrhea on the team bus on the way to a match, stuck in traffic and everyone scrambles for the one toilet would be a Poopie Royale I would feel was justified.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I've seen a lot of people say that he's been nothing but professional this season, but even I was annoyed when he came on, took the arm band and then shamelessly went on to lift the trophy. Not that he's done anything wrong, but he should know that he's done nothing to deserve that. Could've easily let Bruno keep the arm band, let Case/Rashford lift the trophy with Bruno and celebrated with the team in the background, same place he's been the entire season.
The fecking nerve of the club captain doing club captain stuff.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Player theatrics never really bothered me that much, from opposition players to our very own.
For me it somewhat spoils my enjoyment of the game. Between goal keepers taking an age to get the ball back into play, throw ins taking longer than they should, players going to ground at the slightest provocation and then feigning injury to get others booked jut doesn't cut it for me. If I was Emerson I'd be completely embarrassed the way he went to ground when Ziyech brushed him. That's just one example of many we see week in week out and unfortunately Bruno is up there with the best/worst of them.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Despite the fact that Maguire made four appearances, two full 90 mins, in the cup he done nothing to deserve to lift
the trophy?

Despite him also being the club captain as well?

Don't think someone who has played an active role in winning something is 'shamelessly' picking up the trophy.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Nah, he'll have been ridiculed and criticized to death.

- Lets Bruno keep the armband and celebrates in the background: "what kind of cowardly captain is that?! Let the vice captain keep the armband and celebrated in the background too scared to take the armband and impose himself. This guy does not have the bollocks needed to be captain, strip him off the captaincy!"
- Gets the armband from Bruno and lifts the cup alone: "Look at this clueless cnut, taking complete credit for lifting the cup alone when he's been peripheral this year and barely played a minute in the final itself. Shameless self promotion, English press will love it though! Darling Maguire lifts the cup headlines!"

What he did was the best case option. They lifted it together.

Bwuk

Despite the fact that Maguire made four appearances, two full 90 mins, in the cup he done nothing to deserve to lift
the trophy?

Despite him also being the club captain as well?

Don't think someone who has played an active role in winning something is 'shamelessly' picking up the trophy.
Agree with this. Whether people like it or not, Maguire is the club captain.

pacifictheme

My least favourite current united player is Mason Greenwood.

Very telling that people have chosen other united players ahead of him.

Cloud7

My least favourite current united player is Mason Greenwood.

Very telling that people have chosen other united players ahead of him.
To be fair I don't think many people really think of him among the current players right now. Obviously that might change if the club decides he's back in the picture, in which case he would likely become number one for a lot of people

Dve

Time for a temperature check. Mods can we have a poll, please?

In the meantime who's the player you hate the most? Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
I'm not sure what kind of poll you were looking for. Poll of all our players? Imagine yourself coming out as the "winner" of such a poll. They are humans.