Which player do you still believe in (that everyone else doesn't)?

spiriticon

Marcus Rashford. I still strongly believe we have something there, home-made, and we are fecking it up.

Raw

Herrera. Player of the year in 16/17 then dumped for Matic who was very good for a few months.

House Mkhitaryan

Lukaku. Out of form and probably knackered from the amount he's played last 14 months.

IMO our best outfield player last season and has also shown great quality with Belgium. A progressive manager could get a lot more out of him (as well as every other player).

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
Mourinho. He used to be a cb and that reaction against the chelsea guy that no one knows showed some great reaction times and some sprint speed. He has also agressive in the pursuit of his target.

Sign him in january (+ Alderweild)

Rajma

Rashford (Should be playing more centrally with someone like Sanchez to link up with, also needs confidence instilled and guidance from a new attacking manager), Fred (he's a very good player frozen out for no reason), Herrera (easily better than current Matic as a DM and again under a more attacking manager he can regain his adventurous passing back I fully believe).

AdamAdams

Smalling. I've been thinking that for years. He is not the new Nesta or anything but he has been our most reliable defender for years.
I agree. The hate for him from some is shocking sometimes.

AdamAdams

Perierra might not be the best defensively in the holding role, but think he deserves his chance this year.

Mcking

Pereira. He has got the skill and talent. Just needs the chance to show it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Oh they can be our CB partnership for years... but we’ll be comfortably sitting 8th-10th.
I don't think so. Last year when Jones was on a healthy run of games I thought he was our best defender. When he is only playing once in a while he makes some dumb mistakes. But we don't have a defender on our team who will put himself on the line like he does. He's the type (much like Vidic was) who will throw himself in front of a ball and do everything he can for the team. Injuries have hindered his progress but in my opinion he still can be our best defender. Feel free to disagree with me but I have always liked him and thought he was our future captain

Oldyella

He is a striker and we’re using him as a striker. What brilliant way should we use him to get him into his confort zone?
Balls down the sides of Defenders, into channels for him to run onto. He's never played with his back to goal and Jose trying to turn him into Drogba 2.0 will never work.

AndyJ1985

Sanchez. I think he'd still be a good play if he had a decent manager who could coach attacking players.

Handré1990

Fred and Mata. Both have the skills we need, just need to use them correctly. Mata is starting to look the part in the middle I think. Fred looks like he can spray passes in every direction with both feet. Think he’ll come good (after Mourinho)

Edit:
Sanchez. I think he'd still be a good play if he had a decent manager who could coach attacking players.
And this!

Last edited:

Treble

Most players are better than what we are seeing now. Wouldn't write them off.

BigRon1985

Phil Jones - there i said it!

When he’s fit and in form he’s our best defender together with Smalling.

I love the way he celebrates a tackle as if he’s scored a goal - he cares!

If Shaw can make a comeback then so can he - keep the faith people or am I just weird? :houllier:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Lindelof - growing into a good ball playing defender
Lukaku - shattered after playing so much, needs a rest
Sanchez - can not believe such a good player can have turned shit just by moving north

Valencia Shin Crosses

Bailly. Before his injuries he was one of my favorite players to watch. His first season he was absolutely dominant the first half of the year. Then he got nicked up and started going in an out of the team, losing his consistency and making errors. When on form he's more talented than any other defender we have by a mile.

King Eric 7

I think we are really missing Lingard.

The guy currently pretending to be Lukaku. I think he's way better than he's showing so far this season and when he hits form he will shut the caf up.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Lindelof and Herrera for me. Technicallay better players in the squad than Ander but he gives 100% every game. Shows leadership when others go shrinking.

As for Big Vic Id love to see him have a run as right centre back. Still maturing and still learning the game.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Lingard

He showed last season what he can do when used right
Spot on. His movement is good and
at times find space and open up defences. Played quite well for England in the WC.

I also agree with those who named Chris Smalling. He is often under rated and importantly hasn't been injured that much.

Reactions: golden_blunder

wolvored

Hes retired today but Van Persie could have had another 2 seasons with us and maybe pulled us to another title. Who knows?

el3mel

Bailly. Think he can come good if he stops being brainless. The potential is there but he's too daft some times.

The rest, well, meh not much.

Revaulx

Still think Van Persie had more a lot more to give to us then just that one season.

If we'd had a better manager, or if Fergie had stay on, he'd have been great for another 2 seasons at least.
Fergie wrapped him in cotton wool.

Moyes made him run up slag heaps until he was sick.

Hardly surprising he hated Moyes and held him responsible for his decline.

Banat

Pereira, but I think it's more on Mourinho, from what I know, most fans like him.
Rojo if pushed. I think he is a decent player. Not top class obviously, but easily on par with all CB's in our team.

Schneckerl

Young, Valencia, Fellaini, Lukaku
Would have kept Depay and I'm not saying that only now that he is somehow decent