Who are Manchester United's five new Brazilian signings?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Thanks, man. Btw, where are Gladstony and A(g)naldo now? Twente?

jb8521

Lucas evangelista is currently on trial with Anderlecht Im not yet if we have decided against taking up our option on him or if the plan is for him to go there on loan. Im not sure what the story is with Gladstony and Agnaldo

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Manchester United increase scouting of Lucas Evangelista - report

According to reports in Portuguese newspaper Record, Manchester United have upped their scouting of Desportivo Brasil midfielder Lucas Evangelista.

Lucas, 17, is one of several young Desportivo players for whom Manchester United hold an option to buy agreement and is considered to be the most promising, earning rave reviews for his performances at youth level.

As part of the agreement, the Brazilian youngsters make trips to Manchester twice-a-year for training and observation, with Record reporting that Ferguson was suitably impressed to order further observation.

Reports in recent days had linked the youngster with a trial at Belgian side Anderlecht, which it was thought might trigger the Red Devils to exercise their option. However, for the moment there are no further developments.

Lucas Evangelista had been rumoured to have been approached by Rio de Janeiro giants Fluminense earlier this year, after fine showings at the Copa São Paulo youth tournament. However, the player has thus far decided to remain at the São Paulo-based academy side.

Linky-dink

But where are Gladstony and Agnaldo?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Now I'm sure I read somewhere that Gladstony and Agnaldo played for us at some level not long ago. I'll find evidence after tonight's games :D

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Now I'm sure I read somewhere that Gladstony and Agnaldo played for us at some level not long ago. I'll find evidence after tonight's games :D
Yeah, they did in pre-season but they won't be spending the season with us. So are they at Twente, back in Brazil or some other place?

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
As far as I understand: we have a part share in Deportivo Brazil along with Twente and a couple of other clubs; the players come to train at United at various times through their development; depending on the quality of the player and when they are old enough, they go on loans to some of the share clubs or other affiliates. If we want to sign one of them at any point, we either have first dibs on them, or if they have signed permanently for any of the other affiliates, then we have preference when the time comes for them to move.

Can anyone confirm my assumptions?

jb8521

As far as I understand: we have a part share in Deportivo Brazil along with Twente and a couple of other clubs; the players come to train at United at various times through their development; depending on the quality of the player and when they are old enough, they go on loans to some of the share clubs or other affiliates. If we want to sign one of them at any point, we either have first dibs on them, or if they have signed permanently for any of the other affiliates, then we have preference when the time comes for them to move.

As far as I know Twente have no affiliation with Desportivo but they are both affiliated with United. United have first option on all players in the Desportivo and can sign any of their players for a pre determined set fee. If we decide to sign a player and he doesnt make it with us his contract reverts back to Desportivo however if a player does make it with United then Desportivo get a percentage of any future sale value should we decide to sell him on. Twente come into the equation if United decide to take up the option on a player but the player doesnt qualify for a work permit they can spend a couple of years in Holland and qualify for a Dutch passport as well as acclimatising to European football.

jb8521

Not sure if it is him but the lad playing football on the beach in Brazil in the DHL advert looks a lot like Lucas Evangelista at 34 seconds in this video

oskarutd

Lucas Evangelista and Gladestony loaned to Sao Paulo with option to buy. Both heavily linked to United.

link.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Unlikely that both us and SP would have an option on Evangelista. Perhaps we've decided against bringing him in.

Widnes

Manchester United are to utilise their improved scouting system of south America, reportedly planning a move for 16-year-old sensation Bruno Gomes.

The youngster has attracted the attention of Brazilian giants Corinthians and Palmeiras, but according to Brazilian publication Lancenet, the Premier League club are planning to beat them to the move for the promising forward, who aims to be “the best footballer in the world.”

Brazilian league rules state that a player must of 18 years of age before they can complete a transfer out of Brazil, but Lancenet suggest that a move could be confirmed as soon as next summer. Manchester United have vastly improved their south American scouting network over the past year, and have a number of representatives in Brazil who identify young talents and bring them over to Manchester for temporary trials and visits, in order to help the young stars acclimatise, should a permanent transfer follow. Lucas Evangelista, another Brazilian prodigy, was recently brought over to train with the club, and it is understood that that Gomes has already visited the club on two occasions.

Manchester United’s improved ties with South America have already seen Chilean forward Angelo Henriquez join the club from Universidad de Chile earlier in the summer.
not sure if this one has been posted yet

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I like to hear a player with ambitions of 'being the best player in the world'.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

My understanding is Desportivo Brasil is owned by Traffic, who do similar business as Joorabchian (invest in owning/co-owning promising young players) and we have an agreement whereas some players get to come to us or our affiliates and we get first dibs.

It probably works well for both parties. One problem with Brazilians is they can't leave until they are 18 and by that time the big clubs have taken them on. In this way, Traffic can make their proposition more attractive to some young prospects and they get them to stick around beyond 18, which is handy for us.

I guess much of the media hype is Traffic marketing their players and making them more desirable to others. I wouldn't expect us to sign too many of these chaps as, from a business standpoint, Traffic are probably better off selling a part-ownership to a local club than going with our first option (which implies full sale given we can't co-own players, sell-on clauses take care of the "cut" but grant no control over eventual selling decisions). Not surprised many are ending up at Sao Paulo either, Traffic's head scout is former Sao Paulo player/scout/coach/manager/legend Dario Pereyra.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I like to hear a player with ambitions of 'being the best player in the world'.
This Bruno Gomes chap sounds like a promising one when you read on his family background. His father seems to have his head well-screwed on, which is nice for a change.

jb8521

Bruno Gomes is coming over to Manchester again tomorrow

Ekeke

How tall is Bruno Gomes? Looks a decent height in the video linked above in the picture with Rooney

oskarutd

The latest release on the UTube. Seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time!

oskarutd

Thanks manyfold! I have corrected it and learned how to post a Youtube video!

jb8521

Bruno Gomes was top scorer with 27 goals as desportivo won the under 17 championship including a hat trick in the final. A great achievement considering he's eligible for this age group again next year

Drainy

That does sound impressive. What I saw of him from the Milk Cup he seems to play a lot like Henriquez- with his strengths being his movement around the box and finishing as well as good technique.

Hasn't Lucas Evangelista been loaned out to Sao Paulo with an option to buy? It's a shame that it sounds like we missed out on him. He was brilliant at the Milk Cup.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
A compilation of Bruno Gomes. Looks good on the ball, looks like he's got a lot of upper body strength. Probably not the paciest like C.Ronaldo but the tricks are in the bag and his sense for passing in the clips were quite good for a winger or in a way advance forward ( not the traditional winger who'd hog the touch line ). Heard he's a striker though but he operated wide right mostly in the clips.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
People that are good on the ball are always gonna look good against these gumpster defenders.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Short interview published today with Bruno Gomes

I especially like this answer:

What are you looking forward to most at Manchester United?

I love challenges, and I want to be the first Brazilian to be top scorer in the Premier League and lift the Champions League. I also want to make history in the UK.

There's just something about the prospect of a Brazilian top scorer isn't there :D