Who are your current top 10 PL CFs?

tomaldinho1

From Lukaku thread I was thinking about how I'd rate current No9's in the PL. This doesn't include players like Salah or Hazard who could play there but are better wide but interesting to see where our current strikers shake out.

Question is, for our current system under Ole who'd be your top 10 and in which order?

For me:
  1. Aguero
  2. Kane
  3. Auba
  4. Firmino
  5. Rashford
  6. Lacazette
  7. Vardy
  8. Lukaku
  9. Wilson
  10. Richarlisson

Edit: I did have Son but think he likely falls into the Hazard/Salah category so took him out.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
From Lukaku thread I was thinking about how I'd rate current No9's in the PL. This doesn't include players like Salah or Hazard who could play there but are better wide but interesting to see where our current strikers shake out.

Question is, for our current system under Ole who'd be your top 10 and in which order?

For me:
  1. Aguero
  2. Kane
  3. Auba
  4. Firmino
  5. Rashford
  6. Lacazette
  7. Vardy
  8. Lukaku
  9. Wilson
  10. Richarlisson

Edit: I did have Son but think he likely falls into the Hazard/Salah category so took him out.
Rashford isn’t that high on the list IMO.

ROFLUTION

Lukaku > Vardy for me, as Vardy's goals has also included penalties.

Jimenez deserves a shout too

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
  1. Aguero
  2. Kane
  3. Firmino
  4. Auba
  5. Vardy
  6. Lukaku
  7. Rashford
  8. Lacazette
  9. Wilson
  10. King

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
1. Kane
2. Aguero
3. Aubamayang
4. Firmino
5. Lukaku
6. Vardy
7. Lacazette
8. Rashford
9. Wilson
10. Jiminez

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
1. Aguero
2. Kane
Insert huge gap
3. Firmino
4. Auba
5. Lacazette
6. Lukaku
7. Rashford
8. Vardy
9. Locadia
10. Babel

The last 2 are because I couldn't think of any.

PeteManic

The average CF in elite football doesn't exist anymore. (Although a lot of "average" CFs do play in average teams)

You have to be absolutely amazing to be able to play as a CF in any elite team.

So the only true CFs are Kane and Aguero. Kane is a CF as the team is built around him. I don't even know if I'd call Aguero a CF.

3KDré

1. Aguero
  2. Kane
  3. Firmino
  4. Aubameyang
  5. Lacazette
  6. Rashford
  7. Vardy
  8. Higuain
  9. Jesus
  10. Jimenez

tomaldinho1

Ah yes Jiminez - should have added him in, great player.

If we get enough posts, can put all together and work out a final list

Rashford isn’t that high on the list IMO.
Probably right, definitely got a soft spot for him, in reality he's probably 8th or 9th in my list

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Blimey. They’re not that good after Kane and Aguero, are they?

Firmino, Lukaku, Lacazette, Aubameyang are all the next tier down but much of a muchness. Each has their own specialities but none of them are that much better than the others.

NoPace

Aubamryang being underrated here. Doesn't do much but score but he's gonna be better than 2 in 3 for a 5th year in a row. I'd have him a solid #3

Canagel

Tier 1
1. Aguero
2. Kane.

Tier 2.
3. Lacazette
4. Firminho
5. Aubameyang
6. Lukaku

Tier 3.
7. Jimenez
8. Rashford
9. Jesus
10. Vardy

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Aubamryang being underrated here. Doesn't do much but score but he's gonna be better than 2 in 3 for a 5th year in a row. I'd have him a solid #3
He's declining and is nowhere near as rapid as he used to be. Within a couple of years he will be your username.

Web of Bissaka

1. Aguero
2. Kane
--------------------------
3. Jimenez -- impressive, playing for a small team.
4. Firmino -- lead Pool's attack well.
5. Aubameyang -- seen better days.
-------------------------
6th/7th/8th (I'm not sure)
Lacazette
Lukaku -- goals and goals.
Vardy -- lethal vs top 6.
--------------------------
9. Rashford -- up and rising.
10. Wilson

*Only counting the CFs.

Last edited:

Canagel

theres a dearth of elite strikers in the league. standard has dropped. there was a time where liverpool had Torres , United had Rooney, Ronaldo , Arsenal had RVP , Chelsea had Drogba ... all of them better than what these clubs have now.

deadrevelz

The average CF in elite football doesn't exist anymore. (Although a lot of "average" CFs do play in average teams)

You have to be absolutely amazing to be able to play as a CF in any elite team.

So the only true CFs are Kane and Aguero. Kane is a CF as the team is built around him. I don't even know if I'd call Aguero a CF.
Agreed, classic CF is dead. Kane is brilliant, but I always think he looks a bit 'old fashioned'. Not just because he looks like a 1940s RAF pilot.

arnie_ni

Tier 1
1. Aguero
2. Kane.

Tier 2.
3. Lacazette
4. Firminho
5. Aubameyang
6. Lukaku

Tier 3.
7. Jimenez
8. Rashford
9. Jesus
10. Vardy
Similar but im not sure lukaku makes that 2nd tier tbh.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
theres a dearth of elite strikers in the league. standard has dropped. there was a time where liverpool had Torres , United had Rooney, Ronaldo , Arsenal had RVP , Chelsea had Drogba ... all of them better than what these clubs have now.
I think for some reason there's just a lack of quality strikers in the world these days. I have no idea why. Most of the best forwards are wide players.

arnie_ni

I think for some reason there's just a lack of quality strikers in the world these days. I have no idea why. Most of the best forwards are wide players.
Lack of quality defenders as well i think. Midfielders and wide forwards have the most talent/quality

Canagel

yeah. The emergence of forwards like Mbappe - striker can't be just limited to a striker position but be versatile enough to play any position across the front . unless they're scoring a goal a game/every two otherwise they can't be accommodated. at least for the top teams.

1. Aguero
  2. Kane
  3. Aubameyang
  4. Firminho
  5. Lacazette
  6. Lukaku
  7. Vardy
  8. Rashford
  9. Mane
  10. Jimenez

Paul_Scholes18

Lack of quality defenders as well i think. Midfielders and wide forwards have the most talent/quality
I disagree with this really. Think you got quality in all areas, but not sure the central midfield area is better stucked now. I actually think it has gone down a bit recently with great players like Vidal, Kross, Modric having gone down a bit. Iniesta and Xavi retired and not so many great ones stepping up. Guys like Pirlo, Carrick, Lampard, Gerrard have not
been replaced fully either.
When it comes to defenders I think we find plenty of good ones these days. Barca,Atletico and Real got top quality players there even if Ramos have declined. Bayern still got quality and same with PSG even if they are getting old. The Juventus guys might have declined so there could be a point for Serie A (don't follow it too much).

City and Liverpool got really good defenses in the premier league and apart from at Arsenal I do see lots of quality in the other top sides.
More like people building up names long after they have played. Managers and the game has evolved making it harder for players too. Back in the days we had plenty of good wingers too and lots of good midfielders.

In my view though I think we have more quality defenders these days and less quality midfielders. I think the pressure to play in midfield and dominate might get harder with teams playing smarter against them. Jorginho at Chelsea as an example have been a bit exposed even if he is quality from good pressing.

tomaldinho1

Tier 1
1. Aguero
2. Kane.

Tier 2.
3. Lacazette
4. Firminho
5. Aubameyang
6. Lukaku

Tier 3.
7. Jimenez
8. Rashford
9. Jesus
10. Vardy
No way I'd put Lukaku in the tier 2, that's surely just living in the past. He's been nowhere near the other two recently.

Top 2 are always the same, then I'd say you have excellent but not quite WC players in Firmino & Auba who should make a top 4. I always wonder with Vardy how he'd do in a top team - last four seasons he's hit 24, 13, 20 and 12 (so far) which is about the same as Lukaku 18, 25, 16, 12 (so far) so 69 vs 71 but playing for Leicester. I reckon he's actually v underrated.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Shocked by the lack of Glen Murray's name here!

Jib

1. Aguero
2. Kane
3. Firminho
4. Rashford
5. Lacazette
6. Higuain
7. Auba
8. Lukaku
9. Vardy
10. Jimenez