Who did we actively try to sell this summer?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We are in the process of selling Darmian for rumoured 1.5m. Sold Rom for what we paid (bar bonuses). Shipped off Sanchez and Smalling on loan. Though Everton did try to get Smalling and Rojo on loan, if rumours are to be believed.

There was also a rumour that when we enquired about Diop at West Ham that we tried to push Jones onto them as part of an offer. Any merit to that?

Did we actively try to sell Jones/Smalling/Rojo? Were we looking to offload Bailly before he got injured?

And were we ever in discussions over a potential Sanchez sale with anyone?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think every player had their price and the club wouldn't have stood in the way of any of them leaving

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I honestly think Ole sees hope in Bailly and if you look at his age he could not for sale just yet.

Jones/Smalling/Rojo all deadweight waiting for potential buyers, but I remember Solskjaer saying he has Rojo in his plans, but that was before announcing that Tuanzebe staying.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I honestly think Ole sees hope in Bailly and if you look at his age he could not for sale just yet.

Jones/Smalling/Rojo all deadweight waiting for potential buyers, but I remember Solskjaer saying he has Rojo in his plans, but that was before announcing that Tuanzebe staying.
The only thing I've seen about Rojo being in his plans, other than what Ole said today, was the Reddit bunch saying he was a defensive midfielder option (:lol:). When he played Rojo at left-sided centre back in pre-season I thought it wasn't down to pecking order, but more to get Lindelof used to playing on the right side knowing Maguire was on his way in. But maybe he actually rates him. He is a hatched man of course, but Ole might like his intensity in training. I just hope he doesn't mistake violence for intensity.

With Jones, I was very curious to see him linked to that Diop offer. I'm interested to know if we tried to flog him this summer. Same with Smalling really.

Dozer

I don't think we've actively tried to get rid of Jones. Smalling's contract was extended before Ole arrived, so we can't read anything into that, but Jones' was extended 2 months after Ole came in, and I don't believe it's just about "preserving his value". We will always need squad depth and he's now 4th choice.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The only thing I've seen about Rojo being in his plans, other than what Ole said today, was the Reddit bunch saying he was a defensive midfielder option (:lol:). When he played Rojo at left-sided centre back in pre-season I thought it wasn't down to pecking order, but more to get Lindelof used to playing on the right side knowing Maguire was on his way in. But maybe he actually rates him. He is a hatched man of course, but Ole might like his intensity in training. I just hope he doesn't mistake violence for intensity.

With Jones, I was very curious to see him linked to that Diop offer. I'm interested to know if we tried to flog him this summer. Same with Smalling really.
If Ole really seek modern ways of football he should actively pursue buyers for all three of them and I think that's even the agenda from Woodward. They simply lost hope in majority of players and stopped caring about their demands. Herrera's best example, the player who we didn't even try to negotiate with.

It would huge logical incosistence to not try selling even more underperforming ones. Ole was smiling at the conference when he was asked about Smalling's leaving. I honestly couldn't care less about their future after what they showed last season.

If Lindelof will keep doing his stuff, he can go too, the time is up for many of them as finally something close to quality control arrived at United. Seven CB's in the squad I think is enough to take educated guess, we're actively looking for buyers in many cases.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd say Darmian, 2 of Bailly/Smalling/Rojo, Sanchez and Lukaku

Fred wouldn't surprise me either, although given how light we are in midfield I'm not sure if we actively looked to sell.

I think Ole wants to keep the likes of Young, Mata and Matic around for their experience and professionalism.