Who have we signed?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I know that we've signed Fornasier (Sp?) and Pogba but I remember reading about a few others; (massaci ?). For those in the know, have we signed/or will do soon massaci (sp?) and the others that were mentioned in the press and if so who are they?

lysglimt

Scout
I know that we've signed Fornasier (Sp?) and Pogba but I remember reading about a few others; (massaci ?). For those in the know, have we signed/or will do soon massaci (sp?) and the others that were mentioned in the press and if so who are they?
You can call him Massacre if it makes it easier :)

SecondFig

The other rumoured signing was Manuel Pucciarelli, an 18 year old Empoli forward, but nothing has ever been confirmed. Plus he's a bit different, being old enough to sign a contract, but apparently he is (or was) still a free agent.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
and a few young British lads as well.. Sean Mcginty, CB. and a few others will edit n update as and when I recall their names..

The Wizard

and a few young British lads as well.. Sean Mcginty, CB. and a few others will edit n update as and when I recall their names..
Sean McGinty: We signed him fromCharlton in the summer, a fee rising up to £500K.

Elliot Kebbie: A young winger from Leeds, only 14, we took him with us to a tournament to Holland in the summer I think... we ended up not signing him because Leeds wanted too much money £2M apparently. He signed on for Leeds.

We also signed a Belgian lad early last year according to reports, can't think of his name and too lazy to go looking for it now, ne was supposed to be coming over a bit later on his 16th birthday but I never heard anything more about it.

Finally there was 'Dodo' :) I heard that it was definitely a done deal, and he'd be joining up in Feb. Then I read more recently that the deal was off and United will instead just monitor his progress for the time being. No idea what to believe, but we'll find out more in time.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Sean McGinty: We signed him fromCharlton in the summer, a fee rising up to £500K.

Elliot Kebbie: A young winger from Leeds, only 14, we took him with us to a tournament to Holland in the summer I think... we ended up not signing him because Leeds wanted too much money £2M apparently. He signed on for Leeds.

We also signed a Belgian lad early last year according to reports, can't think of his name and too lazy to go looking for it now, ne was supposed to be coming over a bit later on his 16th birthday but I never heard anything more about it.

Finally there was 'Dodo' :) I heard that it was definitely a done deal, and he'd be joining up in Feb. Then I read more recently that the deal was off and United will instead just monitor his progress for the time being. No idea what to believe, but we'll find out more in time.
This the Belgian lad you are thinking of?

Roles reversed as Reds raid Antwerp United Youth

Over the past decade we’ve become accustomed to United youngsters making the (albeit temporary) switch to the Reds’ Belgian affiliate club Royal Antwerp, but 15 year-old RAFC starlet Charni Ekangamene is set to become the first player to move in the opposite direction.

Antwerp’s official site announced yesterday that Ekangamene had travelled to Manchester with youth coach Alex Verveckken and club secretary Paul Bistiaux to sign a pre-contract agreement which will see him join the Reds when he turns 16. It is not the teenager’s first trip to Manchester, his performances on two trial visits to Carrington earlier in the season having played a big part in United’s decision to tie up a deal for the youngster and fend off the interest of Dutch giants Ajax.

Speaking to HNB, Vervecken said “He is a great talent. He is mentally strong and is never nervous.”

Only recently 15, the young attacker (differing reports label him as either an attacking midfielder or forward) is of Congolese descent, invoking memories of another Belgian-Congolese starlet who came through the ranks at Old Trafford a few years ago, midfielder Floribert N’Galula. Hopefully Ekangamene is somewhat more fortunate with regards to injuries than the unfortunate N’Galula, who is now playing his football with Dutch side Sparta Rotterdam.

Ekeke

That's the lad, thanks.

Says in the article he has just recently turned 15, and this was sometime earlier this year if I remember correctly, so I'd say he'll turn 16 at the start of next year and we'll see him then. So that's that mystery cleared up :)

Now for the next mystery: Dodo... ;)
José Rodolfo Pires Ribeiro - or Dodo, was quoted by Sky Sports as saying :

"As there are already some Brazilians in England, I suppose that I am going to get adapted easier,"

"I have never played with the twins Fabio and Rafael, neither with Anderson, but it's good for me to have them near. Even Cristiano Ronaldo as he speaks in Portuguese.

"I started playing at Cruzeiro. I was 11-years-old and played there for three years. Then I went to Corinthians, where I [have been] since 2007.

"I returned from being on duty with the Under-17 national team and only had time to be with my parents for a few hours.

"I received the instructions to travel to England. I don't know how to speak in English but I am travelling with John, who is going to be my interpreter.

"The way in which I play is the typical Brazilian style, with technique and ability. I also [want to] get identified with European style so that mixture can be something very good for me.

"Every player dreams to play in the national team and then be transferred to a European team. I am doing that. Next year I will join the first team of Manchester United. I am going to play next to the best players [in] the world."

But no official confirmation that we're taking him.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
José Rodolfo Pires Ribeiro - or Dodo, was quoted by Sky Sports as saying :

"As there are already some Brazilians in England, I suppose that I am going to get adapted easier,"

"I have never played with the twins Fabio and Rafael, neither with Anderson, but it's good for me to have them near. Even Cristiano Ronaldo as he speaks in Portuguese.

"I started playing at Cruzeiro. I was 11-years-old and played there for three years. Then I went to Corinthians, where I [have been] since 2007.

"I returned from being on duty with the Under-17 national team and only had time to be with my parents for a few hours.

"I received the instructions to travel to England. I don't know how to speak in English but I am travelling with John, who is going to be my interpreter.

"The way in which I play is the typical Brazilian style, with technique and ability. I also [want to] get identified with European style so that mixture can be something very good for me.

"Every player dreams to play in the national team and then be transferred to a European team. I am doing that. Next year I will join the first team of Manchester United. I am going to play next to the best players [in] the world."

But no official confirmation that we're taking him.
Yeah - that was before the reports that we had called off the deal.

Ekeke

Manchester United have pulled the plug on a deal for Corinthians defender Dodo.

The Times says United have decided not to sanction a £5.5 million deal to sign Dodô, the Corinthians defender, in the immediate future but will continue to monitor the 17-year-old Brazilian after he spent two weeks on trial recently.

The youngster was expected to move to United in February.
Seems that was the only story to suggest it isnt happening. Its not exactly full of quotes and details though.

SecondFig

I read through a ton of "news" stories about the original deal, and our calling off (it's in the Utd players on loan thread which I can't be arsed to dig out). But the apparent situation is that we payed a nominal fee for a first option on Dodo, which we can activate in January/February if we want. So he's currently (according to him) working hard and keeping his head down.

So we haven't signed him yet, but he may join in the January transfer window...maybe

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Yeah I think we did back out of that deal too..

jb8521

I have been told that Massacci has been given permission to play for us now but nothing confirmed yet

jb8521

That's the lad, thanks.

Says in the article he has just recently turned 15, and this was sometime earlier this year if I remember correctly, so I'd say he'll turn 16 at the start of next year and we'll see him then. So that's that mystery cleared up :)

Now for the next mystery: Dodo... ;)
Hes not 16 until February 16th