Who is going ? Who is staying ?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
It wouldn't be too bad if Blackett, Will Keane, Love and Weir moved on to really start their professional careers a la Norwood but I think those names that I've left out have a real chance of making it and it'd be a shame to see them go.

What happened to Donald Love? He went from being one of the most consistent players in the U18's to barely featuring for the U21's. I know that he was behind Varela, who is the better player, but I thought he was deserving of a chance at least.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It wouldn't be too bad if Blackett, Will Keane, Love and Weir moved on to really start their professional careers a la Norwood but I think those names that I've left out have a real chance of making it and it'd be a shame to see them go.
What happened to Donald Love? He went from being one of the most consistent players in the U18's to barely featuring for the U21's. I know that he was behind Varela, who is the better player, but I thought he was deserving of a chance at least.
I think LVG will like the look of Will Keane and Blackett. The rest I am not sure about, although if I remember correctly, Weir had a strong finish to the season.

If Varela moves up then Love will probably see more chances at U-21 level next year

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Sean Goss has apparently been offered a contract but he's still hasn't decided.

Thought he looked quite promising.

They're a bit younger then the above bunch, but anyone know the contract situations for Perreira and Pearson?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
They're a bit younger then the above bunch, but anyone know the contract situations for Perreira and Pearson?
Pearson is the same age as Rothwell and Weir. Love is only a month older but the year before so not sure if same playing age but I think they might be. I'm guessing their contracts are already sorted if they aren't on that list. Remember hearing Andreas being offered pro terms a while back.

Tom Lawrence and Joe Rothwell are my two favourite players at the club so hope we sign them up which I'm sure we will. The Carlisle manager suggested at Lawrence signing an extension at the end of his loan deal.

@khoazany might have heard about some others contract situations.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Pearson is the same age as Rothwell and Weir. Love is only a month older but the year before so not sure if same playing age but I think they might be. I'm guessing their contracts are already sorted if they aren't on that list. Remember hearing Andreas being offered pro terms a while back.

Tom Lawrence and Joe Rothwell are my two favourite players at the club so hope we sign them up which I'm sure we will. The Carlisle manager suggested at Lawrence signing an extension at the end of his loan deal.

Sorry for the late response. Thanks bud. I haven't seen much of Goss, but how do you rate him against Rothwell & Pearson?

khoazany

All next season's first year professionals (Fletcher,Harrop,Willock,...) have signed contracts last time I heard except for Goss who wasn't satisfied with the salary and term.Willock is the only one with two years contract.

P.S: Goss said in his Instagram he will come back to Manchester tomorrow for pre-season so unless he means City I think he is staying.Can't see anyone else going bar Amos.

Last edited:

mo0

new contracts also mean a chance to ensure a transfer fee once most inevitably move on.

on a side-note, it's the signings like Gollini that frustrate. when clubs, any and all, import players and play the percentages game to see who may or may not cut it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
new contracts also mean a chance to ensure a transfer fee once most inevitably move on.

on a side-note, it's the signings like Gollini that frustrate. when clubs, any and all, import players and play the percentages game to see who may or may not cut it.
United don't do that. Our foreign acquisitions are usually excellent.

Rossi, Pique, Zieler, Pogba, Adnan are all full internationals. Petrucci was extremely unlucky with injuries. Janko will eventually be there too. I'm sure there are other examples too.

khoazany

United usually doesn't care about how much fee they can recoup from the youngsters they sell.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
United's Youth policy has never been about financial recoupment.

Although, I do have slight concerns about our ability to select foreign talent, bring them through the youth system, integrate them into the first team squad and keep them there.

We have had about 30 foreign imports over the years and only nine have made the first team with most only playing a handful of games.

Let's hope Januzaj breaks that mould.

Thisistheone

United's Youth policy has never been about financial recoupment.

Although, I do have slight concerns about our ability to select foreign talent, bring them through the youth system, integrate them into the first team squad and keep them there.

We have had about 30 foreign imports over the years and only nine have made the first team with most only playing a handful of games.

Let's hope Januzaj breaks that mould.
What do you make of these reports/claims that our academy is 'a mess' and Moyes was shocked by it etc etc?

Thisistheone

I never heard anything about it being a 'mess'.

Although Moyes certainly wanted to make some changes…which I also think are about due.
I'm sure there was a quote going around a while back but I can't find it now. Was obviously concerned since our academy & its history is a huge source of pride for the club and fans.

oskarutd

Will Keane and Markus Rashford are not to be found on manutd.com pages of U-21s, u-18s and first team players.
All other have there own page. Declan Dalleys page is also missing.
Might that tell us something?

ThanksBoss26

Will Keane and Markus Rashford are not to be found on manutd.com pages of U-21s, u-18s and first team players.
Will Keane was linked with a move away a couple of months ago. Maybe he's moved on. That injury might have taken something away from him. It looks like he struggled a bit when out on loan.

jb8521

Rashford doesnt have 1 because hes an incoming scholar and none of them have pages yet. All of the u21s profiles seem to be gone now not just Keanes. Declan Dalley has left the club and might have to retire due to injury.

oskarutd

Rashford doesnt have 1 because hes an incoming scholar and none of them have pages yet. All of the u21s profiles seem to be gone now not just Keanes. Declan Dalley has left the club and might have to retire due to injury.
He has his page now. Must have forgotten him earlier today or hadn´t finished making all pages.

The u-21s can be found here.

Just choose players on both links.

No Will Keane to be found under players here.

jb8521

He has his page now. Must have forgotten him earlier today or hadn´t finished making all pages.

The u-21s can be found here.

Just choose players on both links.

No Will Keane to be found under players here.
Ah right cheers they dont have them linked to the side menu. Whoever is doing them isnt doing the best job since gollini is already training with his new team but is still listed

oskarutd

Ah right cheers they dont have them linked to the side menu. Whoever is doing them isnt doing the best job since gollini is already training with his new team but is still listed
Actually they say on that page that it is not confirmed. So not a bad job at all in this instance.

khoazany

McTominay still doesn't have his profile picture there despite being second year scholar.I don't think going down for a match and take his picture would be that difficult.

Another mistake is Kehinde didn't play in the Milk Cup last year.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I don't think whether or not the players photos are on the official site means anything.

The people behind it are notoriously slow at updating things and also about factual information.

Marcus Rashford has signed as a Scholar, all the players report back to training today so any info that exists will start to filter through.

Players just getting ready for Milk Cup now.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
goal.com reporting Will Keane has signed a new contract. Happy but surprised with that, I don't see his future with us.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
As I said in another thread, delighted he is going to be with us. Really think he can be salvaged and be a player for us going forward.