Who is SAF talking about?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=415570&page=2

The boss says supporters will witnes a number of youngsters - and one in particular - with a chance of making it as a top player at the club.

"The progress of this team has surprised me," he says. "We have got one outstanding player who has a magnificent chance of being a top player, but I won't tell you who it is. He's just a boy.

brandy, welbeck or cathcart? my guess is febian

Red17

If he's talking about this Youth team - then it surely has to be Cathcart.

He's just turned 18 in Feb and already he is :-
~ Northern Ireland U17 Captain in 2005;
~ Made jumped to Northern Ireland U21 this year;
~ Europe U19 Select XI (1st team) against African U19 Select XI last month.

Highly regarded and similarly singled out by Eric Harrison a few months ago.

Red17

Jury is still way way out on Febian, as regards his future, simply because of his physique. He's a talent at this level but if he doesn't grow much more physically - his future at top level football is uncertain at best.

redevil2

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=415570&page=2

The boss says supporters will witnes a number of youngsters - and one in particular - with a chance of making it as a top player at the club.

"The progress of this team has surprised me," he says. "We have got one outstanding player who has a magnificent chance of being a top player, but I won't tell you who it is. He's just a boy.

Whoever that is, it sounds so exciting! Fergie is a genius!

redevil2

"I really hope we get a good crowd at Old Trafford. It's an important issue here to have a good youth team. It's an integral part of the club's history and we should all want to support it."
SAF is trying to lobby the fans to go on Monday to support the youth team. That would make a difference in the result if the crowd is good!!!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Jury is still way way out on Febian, as regards his future, simply because of his physique. He's a talent at this level but if he doesn't grow much more physically - his future at top level football is uncertain at best.
yeah, hence the 'he's just a boy' i figured. in every other department he's outstanding. could be just a clever statement to motivate the boys as well

prateik

does a youngster mean someone from the academy ..
cant it be evans , gibson or some other reserve player .. they are 19 .. still youngsters

if its the academy then its eikrem

PS18

he's referring to the current youth team. would be surprised if it's Eikrem, simply because he's not shown anything yet to warrant that level of praise. i'd probably go along with it being Febian as well - definitely one of the three suggested in the opening post (maybe Amos as an outside shot).

julesee

Is Wellbeck really that good? I havent seen much from Galbraith to make me think he'll make it either

PS18

don't think it's Galbraith, but he has impressed in the last few games and was excellent on monday night.

Danish Wizard

I don't think he is talking about anyone particularly. He said it, to get all the youngsters excited and make them do their best in the semifinal.. And it worked..

savais

I don't think he is talking about anyone particularly. He said it, to get all the youngsters excited and make them do their best in the semifinal.. And it worked..
I agree completely. It was ust a ployto boost the kids' confidence. If he had stated a name, some of the others would have been a little downhearted.