Who is your United player/team of the season thus far?

0le

Given that the season is looking like its in limbo, assuming the season has ended right now, who is your United player of the season and what is your team of the season?

My player of the season is Fred. The guy has been very good this season and stepped up when others have been injured. He looked like a complete flop at the back end of last season so his rise from obscurity to become not just an important player but someone who looks like a 50m player is phenomenal. I think it pips Rashford because many people still had faith in Rashford and his talent wasn't anywhere near in question as it was with Fred.

My team of the season is:

DDG - Difficult season but also difficult to pick between Romero and DDG. Could put Henderson here I guess.
AWB - Guy has been fantastic. Arguably the best RB in the league for me.
Maguire - Steady season and got better as the season has progressed.
Shaw - Rediscovered some form and also done well as a LCB.
Williams - Has made mistakes but also came in during a difficult time and established himself into the first team picture.
Fred - see above.
Matic - Actually rediscovered a lot of form and whatever his lack of ability going forward, we seem to be better defensively when he plays.
Bruno - its only been a month but he has been superb. If he continues to have a similar trajectory, he could become our best signing since Fergie.
Rashford - fantastic season, close between him and Fred for player of the season.
Martial - He is class, whether he is a #9 I don't know, but there shouldn't be any doubt about his talent.
Greenwood - Boy could be a star. Incredible breakthrough season to get the amount of goals he has done with the little creativity in our team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

Matic
Fred
Fernandes

Greenwood
Martial
Rashford

Fernandes and Lindelof are there cause there aren’t any alternatives but Fernandes probably would’ve made my team anyway. McTominay and Romero narrowly missed out but they’d be on the bench with Williams, James and Ighalo.

jamesjimmybyrondean

AWB no doubt. Fred and Rashford are worthy shouts but both these players don't fill me with as much confidence as AWB

Web of Bissaka

PoTS - none.

ToTS
Gk Romero
RB Wall
CB Maguire
LB Will
CDM Matic
CM McT
CM Fred
CAM Bruno (short time but huge impacts)
RW James (Greenwood is very close here)
LW Rashford
ST Martial

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Definitely Rashford. This was shaping up to be a monster season for him.

ChaddyP

Fred poty for me. Never injured, plays 90 mins 2 times a week sometimes, always a 7/10.

Spaghetti

Mom's
If Rashford hadn’t got injured (and continued his form) there would be no debate.

Therefore, Fred

Deery

Dreary
Bruno Fernandes, best player ever to wear the red jersey.

ThinkTank@Cafe

POY: Fred, Rashford closely second (matches played tipped for Fred)
Most improved: Fred
Best signing: Bruno
Best bargain: Ighalo
Best youngster: AWB

Best defender: AWB
Best MF: Fred
Best forward: Rashford

Goal of the season: MCT vs City
Ole overall score: 8/10
Transfers: 10/10
Atmosphere: 10/10
Tactical: 8/10
League standing: 4/10
Youth: 9/10

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Player of the Year:

1. Fred
2. Rashford
3. Mctominay - AWB - Maguire (I couldn't decide between them)

Young Player of the Year:

1. Greenwood
2. Williams
3. Lingard

Team of the Year (and for the future):

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Mctominay

Fred Bruno

James Rashford Martial
Subs: Romero, Williams, Bailly, Matic, Mata, Greenwood, Ighalo

Pogba doesn't make the team given his uncertain future.

Deery

Dreary

What he said..

OleBoiii

POTY: Fred

Rashford would have gotten it if he didn't get injured and kept his form.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
DDG - 6.5/10 - Noticeable improvement from last season, but nothing special or nowhere near his peak really. Henderson is better than him this season.
Henderson - 7.5/10 - Ok he is on loan right now, and hasn't even play 1 game for us yet, but I'd rate him higher than De Gea this season. Extra 0.5 point when consider his age and wages.

AWB - 8/10 - Defensively he has been a rock, attacking wise he is not up to it yet, but he is trying hard and getting there.
Lindelof - 6/10 - Average player. But we don't have better option. His passing is not bad for CB though.
Maguire - 7/10 - He is decent, but nowhere near the value we've paid for him, but he is not bad at all, and start to play better as season progress. But unfortunately expectation was really high because of his "world most expensive defender" price tag.
Shaw - 7.5/10 - Quite good actually. Only feature in past 2 months, can't find any fault in his game. I think he looks more solid/reliable than Williams.
Williams - 7/10 - Quite promising, there's urgency in his play, but he's abit rash and make some mistakes, perhaps its common for youngster. Attacking wise he is looking good. He has some MOTM performance too.
Jones - 4/10 - Probably the worst defender in our club. Hope we don't need to play him at all.
Bailey - 5.5/10 - Its not fair to rate him as he just come back from long term injuries. I'd say he is behind Lindelof but better than Jones.

Fred - 8/10 - Totally unexpected he could turn things around like that. He is now becoming our most important midfielder.
Mctominay - 7.5/10 - Unlucky with injuries. He has been doing a good job at first half of season.
Pogba - 6/10 - Only play a handful of games, very unlucky with injuries. Not sure about his commitment to the club. Wouldn't mind to sell him for 120m this summer, if there's any taker.
Bruno - 8.5/10 - What a buy. He totally transforms our midfield and makes our team plays better football, we are now a force to reckon with because of him. I would rate him even higher if not for 1-2 months only.
Matic - 6.5/10 - He has been quite reliable when everyone was injured. Can't complain much.
Mata - 5.5/10 - Not featuring much, but always impress with his passing. He is slow though.
Pereira - 4/10 - He is rather useless in no.10 role, shouldn't; play him as much
Lingard - 3/10 - He is easily the worst player in our team this season. Actually he is easily the worst no.10 in the league too.
Chong - 4 /10 - He has been rather poor everytime I watch him play. But he is still young and learning. Don't see why Ole rate him so highly.

James - 6.5/10 - Started well, he has great pace and very good at counter, but his decision making has been rather poor for larger part of season
Rashford - 9/10 - He is now a world class player and he is a game changer, has been amazing before his injury. Could have scored 25-30 goals this season.
Martial - 8/10 - Score many impossible goals which would leave your jaw wide open. Frustrating to watch too at the same time. But still, he is our best no.9 and his goals tally suggest the same.
Greenwood - 7.5/10 - His finishing has been top class, rarely seen a 18 year old with that type of goalscoring instinct and shooting technique. Need to bulk up and improve his overall game though. He tend to drift out of the game alot, but he is still very young.
Ighalo - 7.5/10 - What a great loan signing. He is perfect for backup role, or squad rotation. Looks like a proper no.9 to me.

James Peril

Wow, just wow!
We are 5th, perhaps 6th after Sheffield United if they play as many games as us. Sheffield fecking United! We score 1.5 on average each game, we have won 12 out of 29 games and you’re throwing 8’s to 10’s all over the place.

12 wins in 29 games with this squad is nothing short of a catastrophe, where have your expectations gone? We spent 150m in the summer and 50-60m in January, we’re United, not Wolves or even Everton. What grades are you throwing about when we actually become good?

ThinkTank@Cafe

Wow, just wow!
We are 5th, perhaps 6th after Sheffield United if they play as many games as us. Sheffield fecking United! We score 1.5 on average each game, we have won 12 out of 29 games and you’re throwing 8’s to 10’s all over the place.

12 wins in 29 games with this squad is nothing short of a catastrophe, where have your expectations gone? We spent 150m in the summer and 50-60m in January, we’re United, not Wolves or even Everton. What grades are you throwing about when we actually become good?
League standing is 4/10. Take it easy, mate. Looks like your expectations hurting you.

Got to be Fred.

Many fans wrote him off due to impatience. In the past it was accepted players need a year to settle in.

Fred has worked hard, played well and proved himself to be the most reliable player in our team.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
To give the perspective of a City fan, I’d say Fred. He’s really impressed me as the season has progressed. I’ve gone from thinking City dodged a bullet to wondering how he’d look in our team. Wan-Bissaka also is worth a mention, so so strong in 1 v 1 situations. One of those players who is irritatingly good, at least in the derby.

El Zoido

Another vote for Fred. He’s been brilliant and super consistent all season long.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Has to be Fred purely from the transformation this season and being pretty much undroppable now.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Definitely Rashford. This was shaping up to be a monster season for him.
On pace to become PL stop scorer no less. Jamie Vardy sits on top with 19. I have absolutely no doubt that Rashford would be looking at 20+ now with the form he was in and the teams massive resurgence. 14 in 22.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is pretty hard.

Marcus Rashford, AWB, Fred all make a case for PoTY, but Ill vote for Fred.

Grib

1. Rash
2. Mct/Fred
I'd have mctominay clear second but Fred's done well enough that I wouldn't be arsed arguing it too hard

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's funny because prior to his injury it was looking like McTominay, then Rashford really stepped up and was looking on course for a 30 goal season but now you'd say Fred because out of those 3 he's the only one who's stayed fit and played to an exceptionally high level

The fact that the likes of AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Williams, Matic, James, Martial and Greenwood have all had good seasons as well it's easier to pick those who haven't been good

Very good signs for the future

Deery

Dreary
It's funny because prior to his injury it was looking like McTominay, then Rashford really stepped up and was looking on course for a 30 goal season but now you'd say Fred because out of those 3 he's the only one who's stayed fit and played to an exceptionally high level

The fact that the likes of AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Williams, Matic, James, Martial and Greenwood have all had good seasons as well it's easier to pick those who haven't been good

Very good signs for the future
I know it’s a head scratcher when you think about it, we been so good but league position says otherwise.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Rashford with Fred a close second, AWB third. I can't believe the turnaround Fred has managed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
On pace to become PL stop scorer no less. Jamie Vardy sits on top with 19. I have absolutely no doubt that Rashford would be looking at 20+ now with the form he was in and the teams massive resurgence. 14 in 22.
He was bagging in the Nations League too. I suspected he’d go on to have a very strong Euros too. Ah well, we mustn’t dwell on hypotheticals.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Fred -- he's one of the best midfielders in the country now.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Rashford - Martial - Greenwood
Bruno
Matić - Fred
Shaw - Maguire - Lindelöf - Wan-Bissaka
De Gea​

Player of the season: 1. Fred 2. Rashford 3. Wan-Bissaka
Signing of the season: Bruno
Young player of the season: Greenwood
Flop of the season: Lingard

Rashford: 8/10. Made a step up this season and would've ended up as our player of the year if not for that fecking injury.
Martial: 7/10. Looks quite comfortable in the middle and he has scored some great and important goals.
Greenwood: 7/10. He had only been used sporadically, but his performances in the given time were nothing short of amazing.
James: 6/10. Brilliant start of the season and overall he had proved himself as a useful squad player.
Ighalo: 7/10. Obviously the rating is for his performances and not for his overall contribution to the season. Hardly put a foot wrong.
Lingard: 3/10. He is a better player than he's showing, even though ultimately he'll never be good enough. When his confidence is shot, he's simply atrocious.
Pereira: 5/10. Had provided cover in multiple positions and even put a few very good performances here and there. Still, ultimately a disappointment.
Mata: 5/10. Doesn't have the legs anymore and his moments of genius are getting rarer and rarer now.
Chong: 4/10. Showed absolutely no promise so far.
Gomes: n/a. Disappeared after the beginning of the season.
Bruno: 8/10. A revelation.
Fred: 8/10. Incredible improvement and outstanding big-game performances from the little Brazilian.
Matić: 6,5/10. Looked completely finished at the beginning of the season, but he has found his game in 2020.
McTominay: 7/10. He had spent too much time on the treatment table this season, but when he had played, he had been great. Looks like a leader in the making.
Pogba: n/a. He actually looked good when he was on the pitch. Too bad I can't even remember when he was on the pitch for the last time.
Garner: n/a. See Gomes. Surprisingly haven't featured more despite out midfield injury crisis midseason.
Wan-Bissaka: 7,5/10. Consistently brilliant in defensive phase and he has began to improve his attacking game over the last few months. Looks very promising.
Maguire: 7/10. His loss of form in the middle of a season was a big negative. Over the whole season he was good, especially in our big games. Needs to score more though.
Lindelöf: 6/10. Too weak and generally not the right type of a player who should be playing next to Maguire. He had some good games though.
Bailly: n/a. Showed that he is our best bet at completing our defence at the moment, but spent too much time being injured in the first place.
Jones: 5/10. Is he still here?
Rojo: 4/10. Good riddance.
Tuanzebe: 5,5/10. Haven't been able to left his mark so far.
Shaw: 6,5/10. Fantastic form at the end there, but at some point it looked like we would be better off with a 19 y.o. academy graduate in his place.
Williams: 6,5/10. Speaking of... very impressive cameo in the second half of the season.
Dalot: 5/10. Never present and isn't really good at anything. Gets a point for driving Bruno to the training ground.
Young: 6/10. Distinctly average this season. Thank you and good luck!
De Gea: 6/10. Still capable of having a world-class game where he looks unbeatable... but there's been so many mistakes :(
Romero: 6/10. Struggled a bit.

Grande

Player of the season: Marcus Rashford. To me there really is no contest. He carried our attacking play just as Bruno has done lately. Maguire, Fred and Bruno deserves a mention, Marcus has at times been a one man attack and delivered his by far best season.

team of the year:

1. Romero: De Gea is my number one choice and one of the worlds best still, IMO, and I’m sure we’d have been worse of with Sergio as our mainstay. Still, on merit, Romero has done brilliantly whenever called upon, and apart from a wobbleagainst Brügge, he has done his role to perfection.

2. Obi Wan Bissaka:: He oneatly looks like a jedi with his two light sabre legs. I used to worry when a good winger came down our right side. Not anymore. Attacking wise he has his jar-jar binks moments, but he’s coming along.

3. Luke Shaw. As much as Williams has been a breath of fresh air, Shaw again shows that Ole has the right methods to improve him rather than Jose. He has never been better defensively,his passing is very sharp, and his confidence is slowly growing.

4. Lindelöf. Was one of our most solid players last season, and keeps up his stability. Gets some skepticism due to highest level not being ‘unplayable’, which is fair, andgets some unfair criticism for every striker having the strike of his lifetime against United this spring. Does fewer mistakes than any CB in England. It’s a joy to watch Bailly at his best, but he also underlines what Lindelöf have that’s so important.

5. He does make mistakes, some weird ones, but he is the leader type we hoped for, which is much more important. Plus he’s fun to watch! Maguire of course.

6. Fred. Him and Ole has proved a lot of people wrong, and don’t we love that. Can he become even better? not unthinkable.

8. McTominay. Was one of our better players before he was injured. Matic has surpised positively of late, but McTom has a spring in his steps few can match. Engine room.

7. James. That James has been our best right sided attacker says a bit about his competition, a bit about Solskjær’s patience in ‘Waiting For The One’ (whomever that may be), and a lot about himself, coming from not so much Championship experience and refusing an expected bit part role at Old Trafford.

10. Bruno. Has he played too few games? Yes, I wish he’d have played 40 for us by now, I so wish. I bet Zizou and quite a few others wish otherwise now they realize he was a lot more than a big fish in a small pond. Good scouting job! He made my season.

11. Rashford. And he hasn’t even played with Bruno yet? Nuff said!

9. Martial. As much as I love to see Odion and Mason, for entirely different reasons, Tony cuts a more frustrating figure, but he does score goals and provide us with that extra bit of extra. With every other striker we’ve had, I’ve though ‘if only Martial could do a bit more like that, he’d be one of the worlds best strikers. D’ya hear, Tony?

12. Greenwood. I said at the stat against Linz that ‘Mason will come on and score in this’. Because I’m a clever knowitall? No, because everybody knows by now. The illegitimate son of Ole is going to be a starter and star at some point in the future, until then we’ve got ourselves a regular super-sub.