Who makes your Premier League team of 2020?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Alisson
TAA - ??? - ??? - Robertson
Henderson
Bruno - Grealish
Salah Kane Mane
Genuinely no idea for the CBs. Liverpool were shite for the restart, and Van Dijk has been injured this year. So he can't go in based in January and February alone.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Martinez

TAA Dias van Dijk Robertson

De Bruyne Bruno Grealish

Salah Kane Son​

Son v Mane could go either way. Mane was better at the start of 2020 and Son was better since the restart and this season.

Dias maybe controversial as he's only arrived this season but I think he's had a huge impact on City's defence and been brilliant this season.

Martinez was excellent for Arsenal at the restart and has continued that form with Villa.

Calvert-Lewin and Antonio deserve recognition for their form this year but Kane's on another level.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Allisono
Trento
Dias
Virgo VanDijko
Robbo
Hendo
Fernandes
De Bruyne
Salaho
Kane
Son.

Personally i think Mane was a his peak in 2019 and has struggled a bit post restart and especially this season.

Web of Bissaka

Year 2020..

Alisson
TAA -- ZouSilDias -- VVD -- Robertson
Henderson
De Bruyne -- Bruno
Salah -- Kane -- Son

CB
Van Dijk for sure, not much better options for both seasons but he's largely out this season.
The partner is the problem... Thiago Silva, Zouma and Dias of this season are best choices. Can't recall any other CB that stand out last season.

Note
6 Liverpool
2 Spurs
2 Chelsea
2 City
1 United

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He’s not been here long but Thiago Silva has to partner VVD. He has been outstanding for us and no amount of pleading will make me think otherwise.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Bruno Fernandes
Bruno Fernandes Bruno Fernandes Bruno Fernandes Bruno Fernandes
Bruno Fernandes Bruno Fernandes
Bruno Fernandes Bruno Fernandes Bruno Fernandes
Bruno Fernandes​

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
I wouldn’t be including VVD since he’s barely played this season and the few games he played we were a mess defensively early on in the season.

I’d be sticking Fabinho in there instead because he’s been instrumental in tightening up of things back there.

I thought Silva might struggle at his age in a new league, but he’s looked as much of a rolls Royce as he did at PSG.

Son has outperformed mane this season thus far so edges him out. Likewise Reece James edges TAA because the latter started the season unfit then missed games through injury, only since his return looking like his old self.

Robertson on the other flank is on current form the best fullback in the world. Grealish has been superb but including him would entail leaving one of your 2 creative midfielders in de Bruyne and Fernandes out (assuming Henderson plays as the anchor) and they‘re both better players.

Alisson; James - Silva - Fabinho - Robertson; De Bruyne - Henderson - Fernandes; Salah - Kane - Son

Remember the geese

Schmeichel, Robertson, Van Dijk, Maguire, Alexander-Arnold, Grealish, De Bruyne, Fernandes, Mane, Kane, Salah.

Alisson is dependable, but not spectacular. He could easily have been in this side, but I think Schmeichel deserves credit and I'd also like a bit of a mix.

In my opinion, the back four picks itself. Van Dijk has been injured, but nobody has been consistent enough across the year to force him out of the side. Perhaps a shout out to Reece James at right back.

A bit of a fantasy football midfield as really Grealish would drop out as you'd want Fabinho holding. Wish I could have found a way to squeeze Fred in there to be honest.

Son has a strong case over Mane, possibly Rashford too. Kane suffered from injury last season, but nobody has really done enough to edge him out. Aubameyang has been a shadow of his former self, Martial has generally had a very good 2020, but a bit of a slow start this season. Perhaps Vardy.

Mcking

Pope
TAA Zouma Maguire Robertson
Henderson
Bruno KDB
Salah Kane Son​

Grealish just misses out.

Sigma501

Supports
Football
Allisson

TAA Diaz Fabinho Robertson

Fernandes Docoure de Bruyne

Salah Calvert-Lewin Jota

Spaghetti

Mom's
Schmeichel
Digne - Dier - Maguire - James
Son - De Bruyne - Bruno
CalvertLewin - Vardy - Kane

I think I have 2 left backs. And there is no balance but I’m basing it only on players I’ve seen play a few games.

I haven’t hyphenated Calvert-Lewin as it made the team look like it had too many players.

Merry Christmas.