Who should be England's first choice striker (if you could only choose one)?

Who should be England's first choice striker?

• Sturridge

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Rooney

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Welbeck

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Lambert

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

redtilldead123

Of the four England forward players, who would you select as the first choice choice striker (if only one striker slot was available in the formation).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Sturridge. A little pace up front never hurt nobody.

Member 39557

On Current form, I'd have to go with Sturridge or Lambert :eek: Especially when you take into account Rooney's scoring record at the tournament.

This could be the reason why Hodgson played him on the left against Ecuador, the usual England Manager's trick of trying to shoehorn the best players into the team despite playing them out of position.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Rooney hasn't had a good international tournament since 2004, would be unfair to back him ahead of Sturridge. Sturridge can be wasteful but he is always a threat imo.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Sturridge, a player on an upward trajectory in his career. Rooney is a player on a downward trajectory trying to fulfil his famed potential, and hasn't had a decent international tournament for 10 years. Loyalty to under performing "stars" has cost England for the last decade, being dropped may even bring a decent performance out of him when given a chance again. I think Roy is dammed if he does, and dammed if he doesn't as far as Rooney is concerned, but that's the England manager role.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Sturridge, Rooney has more quality but Sturridge is more brave! He knows his qualities and he always tries to use them. His goal vs Peru, it shows us how confident the guy is. With Lallana behind him, Lallana can send him 1 vs 1 constantly, he is a top striker and can also create his own chanches. Rooney should start on the bench, he has to start performing.

Steev

On Current form, I'd have to go with Sturridge or Lambert :eek: Especially when you take into account Rooney's scoring record at the tournament.

This could be the reason why Hodgson played him on the left against Ecuador, the usual England Manager's trick of trying to shoehorn the best players into the team despite playing them out of position.
The only reason Rooney played against Ecuador is because he's not match-fit yet. Everyone else who started against Peru was rested.

JefferiesTube

Would depend on whether Rooney was part of the 5 man midfield or not. If Rooney was part of the 5 man midfield, then Sturridge would be the striker and if Rooney was not part of the 5 man midfield, Rooney would be the striker.

I would choose to play both Rooney and Sturridge because they are 2 of England's best players.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Rooney and Welbz upfront(Rooney behind Welbeck).

Plugsy

Striker? Sturridge, but only because I don't think Rooney works with England up front. I'd have Rooney as part of the midfield 5.