Who should host World cup 2030?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like England attempting another bid, this time with UK wide and Ireland involvement with 48 teams in play now.

Going to be battle to get european vote given Spain/Portugal are interested and that would be nice Iberia world cup so that's partly why they just lifted restrictions for all the UEFA bigwigs to get to watch the final.

Romantic in me wants it to be Uruguay/Argentina though. 100 years on from first one and Argentina got enough grounds to host it but not sure how Uruguay would fit other than Centenario getting the final, I presume none of their other stadiums even go above 20k which would be an issue. Centenario would get a lick of paint for first time since the 60s at least.

China also mooted although will probably will look more at 2034.

Would love Australia to host a world cup one day but they haven't bothered since the 2010 fiasco. Hosting the woman's world cup next year at least.

atkar83

Wherever the players aren't having issues with heat exhaustion. And I love the atmosphere of night time games, so wherever location works best for evening times. Unless I'm mistaken one of the 90s world cups had mostly night games, it changed once it came to the US and it was all daytime games to coincide with European daytime (I'm guessing)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wherever the players aren't having issues with heat exhaustion. And I love the atmosphere of night time games, so wherever location works best for evening times. Unless I'm mistaken one of the 90s world cups had mostly night games, it changed once it came to the US and it was all daytime games to coincide with European daytime (I'm guessing)
Would be winter in Uruguay/Argentina at this time of the year, currently 15 degrees in Buenos Aires so not taxing at all for players.

Kaos

Think Turkey would be a decent host nation. Lovely weather, good modern stadiums, huge footballing culture and also geographically centered quite conveniently.

Oranges038

It really should be England. How it hasn't hosted a world cup since 66 is a bit of a joke. Best stadiums in the world, no mad construction of masses of new stadiums needed that will be just left empty afterward. Except the Etihad, it might even fill up for a few games.

Definitely the most obvious choice, maybe now that FIFA is less corrupt it might happen.

dbs235

It definitely feels like England are due hosting another. France, Germany and Italy have all hosted twice. Although Spain/Portugal and Argentina/Uruguay both sound appealing to me.

Zlatattack

Pakistan - that's the only way we're ever qualifying. Yes it'll be hot and there are only cricket stadiums, but the cuisine is awesome, it's peak mango season, hospitality is second to none and the police can be bribed very cheaply so no fears of being drunken louts.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Have it as a worldwide tournament.

Imagine matches in Río, London, LA, Moscow, Tokyo, Rotherham, Nairobi, Sydney at the same time.

As a fan I'd love travelling to all these different places (I only fly first class too)

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Hyundai Boston Dynamics robotics and Deepmind Google software organising the kickoff match on Mars, courtesy of Elon Musk colony. Florentino & Agnelli earning gazillions with their private TV channel holding rights for the first highlights.

CallyRed

It really should be England. How it hasn't hosted a world cup since 66 is a bit of a joke. Best stadiums in the world, no mad construction of masses of new stadiums needed that will be just left empty afterward. Except the Etihad, it might even fill up for a few games.

Definitely the most obvious choice, maybe now that FIFA is less corrupt it might happen.
Would be interesting if it was staged in UK and Ireland which stadiums would get selected to host games.

I'd guess

Wembley (final)
Hampden Park (semi final)
Millennium Stadium (semi final)
Celtic Park
St James Park
London Stadium
Aviva Stadium
Tottenham Stadium
Everton New Stadium
Windsor Park
Old Trafford
St Marys

Sod using Anfield or Etihad.

Ludens the Red

Would be interesting if it was staged in UK and Ireland which stadiums would get selected to host games.

I'd guess

Wembley (final)
Celtic Park
St James Park
London Stadium
Aviva Stadium
Tottenham Stadium
Everton New Stadium
Windsor Park
Old Trafford
St Marys

Yeah mostly those but a few exceptions.
Emirates and the Stadium of light would probably be used. They usually like to have two stadiums in the same region to be used. So SoL fits in with St James.

Ibrox would get in ahead of Celtic Park which is old and trashy . Doubt Windsor would get selected as the minimum capacity to be used at a WC is 40k? I believe. Windsor holds about 13 people.

Oranges038

I'd guess

Wembley (final)
Celtic Park
St James Park
London Stadium
Aviva Stadium
Tottenham Stadium
Everton New Stadium
Windsor Park
Old Trafford
St Marys

I'd imagine Ireland would put up the Aviva and maybe even Croke Park if the GAA would allow it. It is a fantastic stadium, although the pitch would have to be made smaller and it's not great for soccer when that's done.

Then there would also be the possibility of using Thomond in Limerick, but it would probably need upgrades to meet the criteria.

Oranges038

India. Just so we can qualify once
Didn't India qualify in the fifties? But couldn't play because of the money required to actually travel, then there were also the other versions that said they pulled out because they weren't allowed to play barefoot.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
London, sod the rest of the country.

But seriously, having gotten a taste of it this summer, it would be amazing to host a World Cup in this country (and the other home nations)

Last edited:
Obviously England and Ireland - it’s a bit of a weird combination, but seems to be gaining traction.

bonus would be the salty tears on here for so many years.

when are bids in, and when would a decision be made?

acnumber9

Well daytime in America means night time in Europe. They were on late at night/early in the morning.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Obviously England and Ireland - it’s a bit of a weird combination, but seems to be gaining traction.

bonus would be the salty tears on here for so many years.

when are bids in, and when would a decision be made?
It's usually 8 years beforehand so guessing in years time just before next world cup.

Remember that odd one where some old guy from New Zealand didn't vote and South Africa lost out on 2006 world cup (although they just hosted it 4 years later).

It's usually 8 years beforehand so guessing in years time just before next world cup.

Remember that odd one where some old guy from New Zealand didn't vote and South Africa lost out on 2006 world cup (although they just hosted it 4 years later).
I don’t remember that. I’ll have to have a google.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
England. They should be World Champions by then too. It’s been too long since they hosted the WC.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
North Korea, because why the hell not?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
It'll be held in Europe. No way does FIFA go 16 years between World Cups in Europe 2018-2034.

The only question would be will it be Spain/Portugal or should it be the UK/Ireland. If money is the most important issue then it will be UK/Ireland, if it gets political then it will be Spain/Portugal.

However, I do want to say that having multiple hosts is awful, why the feck is there a need for it? Additionally, the 48 team format is going to be dire.

If the UK/Ireland do get it then I predict the following line-up for stadiums (broken into regions):

London
Wembley
Spurs Stadium / London Stadium (could see London Stadium winning this for the £££)

North West
Old Trafford / Etihad (Glazers may need to renovate to get it)
Anfield / New Goodison

Scotland
Hampden Park
Ibrox / Celtic Park

Wales/Ireland (Don't see Croke holding football, nor Cardiff Stadium expanding to 40k+)
Aviva Stadium
Millennium Stadium

North East
St James Park
Stadium of Light

South (require expansion)
St Mary's
Amex / Ashton Gate

Midlands / Yorkshire (require renovations/slight expansions)
Villa Park
Elland Road / Hillsborough / King Power

TrueRomanista

Supports
AS Roma
Guys you basically hosted this Euros.

I’d like to see Argentina and Uruguay 2030 but Spain would be fine too

gorky_utd

India. We will not only qualify but also smash every team by forcing them to play in 45 degree Celsius.

pacifictheme

Pakistan - that's the only way we're ever qualifying. Yes it'll be hot and there are only cricket stadiums, but the cuisine is awesome, it's peak mango season, hospitality is second to none and the police can be bribed very cheaply so no fears of being drunken louts.
Remember when Pakistan had to play their home cricket games in dubai due to terror threats. Hospitality indeed.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The five nations of Britain and Ireland would be incredible.

Spain and Portugal would be awesome too