Who Was Better Yorke or Cole?

youngrell

The problem with Cole wasn't that he missed loads of chances, it was that he seemed to miss the easy chances. Aside from that, he was superb.

I think Yorke was slightly better for the two years where he was great for us.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Cole. Long-term for us.
Although Yorke was instrumental in that first key season culminating in the finest club treble ever available to English teams.

attack attack

Another muppet
Two great players at a golden time for the club.
We used to create so many chances that Cole could afford to miss 2 in 3 and still score loads.
Yorke at the top of his game was a great footballer.

MAME DIOUF 32

Yorke at his best because I think he could do a lot more of the things Cole could do than vice versa. Cole was better over a longer period and I think non-United fans probably still underrate him.

RaptorSlo

Because he is. Ibra scored more, in his first season in the EPL, at age 35 and in a team which is a joke compared to the teams Andy Cole played in. That doesn't mean that he wasn't a top top player. There's no shame in not being Zlatan's level. 99% of players were/are in that same situation.

I encourage you to say that Cole was better then Ibra in a neutral forum and see how it ends

And yes Ibra is better then prime RVN. RVN was the best goal poacher United had ever had. Ibra is the complete package and the best leader we had upfront since Eric Cantona. Also RVN would have probably already fecked off to Real at this point. He hated transitional periods
Don't know where you're seeing this complete package, cause I sure don't. For someone so complete, he really wastes lot of balls, even easy passes, often blindly passing in space when there's no one even close to the area. It took him till the St. Etienne game to score from a free kick, even though he took pretty much all of them, hitting the wall most of the times (even that goal bounced off the wall). He's also very conservative with his running, probably only Berbatov run less in any of our sides. And when he does run, he struggles to outsprint the slowest of defenders.

All in all, a good goal tally doesn't an all around great striker make.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Don't know where you're seeing this complete package, cause I sure don't. For someone so complete, he really wastes lot of balls, even easy passes, often blindly passing in space when there's no one even close to the area. It took him till the St. Etienne game to score from a free kick, even though he took pretty much all of them, hitting the wall most of the times (even that goal bounced off the wall). He's also very conservative with his running, probably only Berbatov run less in any of our sides. And when he does run, he struggles to outsprint the slowest of defenders.

All in all, a good goal tally doesn't an all around great striker make.
Hes goal conversion is just amazing especially at age 35, in his first season in the epl and playing for such a weak side

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Yorke I'd say. Cole scored a lot of goals, but it was kinda an in-joke he'd need 50 attempts before one went in if I remember correctly. Very very wasteful for a striker and possibly why he was overlooked for England most of the time.

RooneyLegend

Yorke, Cole would fit in perfectly with this current bunch. There's a reason we wanted to sign every great striker under the sun.

red_john

They both got the best out of each other so its a tough call.

Champagne Football

Yorke was world class for one season for us and once he won everything you can win then he put his feet up and preferred chasing the women in nightclubs.

Cole was unbelievable at Newcastle largely thanks to Beardsley but I don't think he ever reached world class level. He was just a brilliant athlete and a brilliant poacher. So Yorke reached much higher heights in terms of impact on the team and was responsible for resurrecting Cole's career so he was better but Cole had a better career overall.

Ixion

Yorke I'd say. Cole scored a lot of goals, but it was kinda an in-joke he'd need 50 attempts before one went in if I remember correctly. Very very wasteful for a striker and possibly why he was overlooked for England most of the time.
Which player has scored the (joint) most goals against Liverpool in the Premier League? Answers on a postcard.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
If Cole needed 50 chances to score, he must've created a shit load to become the 3rd highest scorer in PL history without pens. It's a wonder anyone else had time to score, what with most 90 minute games just being Andy Cole missing chances for 89 minutes.

Ixion

Slightly hijacking the thread but

Hopefully a quick recovery

Nori-

I remember I used to watch Cole and get so annoyed at how many chances it took him to get a goal. He would need 4 or 5 half decent opportunities before he took one. Almost like how Giroud is for Arsenal now.

Yorke was definitely better.

Maccataq

Tough one but I think maybe Yorke was perhaps slightly the better player technically but Cole was a cracking player that improved a lot at Utd and probably gets more stick than he ever deserved. He gets tarred with this needing 5 chances to score but it's a skill in itself to get in positions to have those chances; better than having a clinical striker that doesn't get many chances I feel. Fair play to Cole as well because when Yorke came in, there were doubts around his future but his attitude was fantastic and forged a great partnership. I always felt that neither were world class but as a partnership they were.

lsd

The Oracle
I remember I used to watch Cole and get so annoyed at how many chances it took him to get a goal. He would need 4 or 5 half decent opportunities before he took one. Almost like how Giroud is for Arsenal now.

if something is repeated enough times people start to believe it

Matab8r

Please correct me if wrong but if penalties were taking out of the equation ( as Cole never took them for us) cCole would be ahead of Shearer in the most EPL goals.

No offence but comparing Cole to Giroud????