Who will become the new legends 2020-2025

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
17 days into a new decade of football to look forward to, late happy new year to all the CAF.

We've had Messi, Ronaldo dominate but their time is coming to an end, and soon the same with Suarez, probably Hazard too etc. We've seen the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Scholes, Bastian retire and players like Kroos, Kante take their spots. We've not been blessed with many classic defenders these past years, maybe that will change next 5-10 years? Van Djik would be 33, hopefully he'll have more competitors to the throne by then, who will it be?

So make your predictions. Which players will earn their stripes and prove themselves world class for their club and national teams the next 5 years.

I'll start off with a couple of safe ones
Tier one: Mbappe
Tier two: Rashford
Tier three: B. Williams

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Mbappé, Rashford, Sancho

They won’t be as dominate as Messi and Ronaldo to be honest, but they could be like new generation of the Zidane, L.Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Figo, Baggio, Romario etc

meamth

Mbappé, Rashford, Sancho

They won’t be as dominate as Messi and Ronaldo to be honest, but they could be like new generation of the Zidane, L.Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Figo, Baggio, Romario etc
If Mbappe moved to La Liga or premier league, he will be the only tier 1 imo.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Only considering players born 1995-2000

Mbappe
De Ligt
De Jong
Alexander-Arnold
Rashford
Lautaro Martinez
Sancho
Valverde
Tonali
Havertz
Joao Felix
Aouar
Donnarumma

Hawks2008

Mbappe is already elite and will probably be the best of his generation, especially of he moves to PL/La Liga and dominates.

I hate to praise a liverpool player but TAA if he continues on his current trajectory will be among the all time great RB.

Rashford is getting better every year and could be a legend for club and country. Some facets of his game are still rough around the edges but has all the tools to be elite.

riis

Supports
Liverpool
Mohammed Ihatteren, Myron Boadu, Ansu Fati, Harvey Elliott, Ryan Gravenberch, . Nailed on Ballon d'Or candidates in 2027 when Mbappe sadly suffers a brutal season-wrecking injury after 3 straight wins and 5 in 7 years.

Pablo76

Marcus Rashford
Adama Traore
Reece James

Maybe Jack Grealish

TrustInOle

Rashford
Foden
Williams.B
TAA
Mbappe
Greenwood
Vinicus Junior
Haaland
Frankie De Jong

Wildcard - Grealish

Haddock

In the near future when people's attention spans weaken so much that they don't bother with watching whole games and highlights reign supreme, Olivier Giroud will be regarded as one of the GOATs.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
This will be one of those threads, that will be opened after a few years and the predictions will be laughed at.

Lynty

Mohammed Ihatteren, Myron Boadu, Ansu Fati, Harvey Elliott, Ryan Gravenberch, . Nailed on Ballon d'Or candidates in 2027 when Mbappe sadly suffers a brutal season-wrecking injury after 3 straight wins and 5 in 7 years.
I like Ihatteren

Not sure about the rest. Especially Harvey Elliot.

einstein

Messi will win atleast two more ballon d’or in the next five years.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Mbappe, Haaland, Werner, Reece James. I'm 50:50 with Sancho

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Mbappe
Sancho
Felix
Havertz
Ödegaard
Haaland
Ansu Fati
de Jong
de Ligt
Vinicius Junior
Rodrygo
Foden
Hakimi
Alexander Arnold
Davies
Lainez

are relatively save bets I'd say. If we include those below 25, there are many who'll join in. Also many with some question marks left behind them (Brahim Diaz, Hudson Odoi, Paulinho, Dembele, Coman, Rashford, Martial, Sane, Jesus, Brandt, Valverde, Ceballos, Fabian, Olmo, Traore, Diaby, Gnabry, Werner, Greenwood).

I think there's no prodigy on the talent level of Messi, R9, Maradona etc. Still exciting times since there are just so, so many talents around and some seem to have excellent attitudes, being professional and prioritizing development over money.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
From Portugal:

NamePositionDescription
João FélixSupport StrikerBeing deployed as a deep forward or winger will not bring the best out of him. A bit too early, but I think talent wise he will reach top level.
Romário BaróCenter MidfielderHe's ridiculously talented for his age. Was one of the best midfielders of our league this season until got injured at game week 5 after a two feet tackle studs up and had to go under surgery!
Fábio SilvaStrikerAt 14 y.o. he was already playing at U19 Porto team!
At 17 y.o. he's already getting game time at Porto. Just for people realize, Porto does not have the culture to give youngsters game time unless they are ready to go.
Tomás TavaresRight backYes, he's still very inexperienced, but people forget he's just 18 y.o. playing at Champions League. If he manage to improve his positioning, he's going to be a fantastic attacking right back.
Edmond TapsobaCenter backThis 20 y.o. kid has it all: talent, pace, aggressiveness and a quite refined technique to the point that he is the official PK taker of his team. I think next season he's not going to stay at Guimarães, since Benfica and Porto are starting bidding wars for him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
An unbiased Chelsea fan, never thought i'd see the day.
What exactly is so outrageous about naming the best player of the most dominant academy side for decades who has come in the first team and dislodged the captain?

Last edited:

GenZRed

What exactly is so outrageous about naming the best player of the most dominant academy side for decades who has come in the first team and dislodged the captain?
I have to say as a non-Chelsea fan that I am a big fan of Reece James. In fact I like the fact that Frank Lampard is giving the young players a chance. A big reason why I was happy he got the Chelsea job.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I have to say as a non-Chelsea fan that I am a big fan of Reece James. In fact I like the fact that Frank Lampard is giving the young players a chance. A big reason why I was happy he got the Chelsea job.
Ive got high hopes for a lot of the youngsters but for me he's the one bonafide dead cert, I just can't envisage a scenario he doesn't make it. He can play wingback, fullback, centre back (in both a 4 and 3) and central midfield and play all of them to a ridiculously high level.