Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 53 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
How did you think Ramos did in the World Cup?
Didn't think he was anything great to be honest, he never really got troubled defensively as I don't think any team actually attacked Spain (Chile did get a lot of luck down their left hand side though, Ramos' most troubling game for sure), but going forward he wasn't anything great. He often got himself into a good position in the box from corners though, I was impressed by that.

But I think he's suspect defensively and nothing great going forward.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Super Depor

If we were talking about 10 years ago :(

Would love it though if Valeron got to retire in a blaze of glory (maybe the Spanish cup
Tristan and Valeron were great, and Duscher. Depor had a great team in the early to mid 00's, we always had good games against them.

I remember Quinton Fortune starting a game against them and he was by far and away our best player that night. I miss Quinton.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
How can any United fan support Barcelona??! Ruud, Owen, Becks, Ronaldo eh???
:lol:

Both teams are despicable clubs, I'd rather teams like Valencia, Atletico or Espanyol win the La Liga

Why anyone would want Barcelona to win is beyond my comprehension. Unless it's a 2 choice between Barca and Real, both should be at the bottom of the list

BaldwinLegend

Didn't think he was anything great to be honest, he never really got troubled defensively as I don't think any team actually attacked Spain (Chile did get a lot of luck down their left hand side though, Ramos' most troubling game for sure), but going forward he wasn't anything great. He often got himself into a good position in the box from corners though, I was impressed by that.

But I think he's suspect defensively and nothing great going forward.
I disagree, but then again I was pretty impressed by him in SA. You make him out to be a Spanish Glen Johnson but I think he's got a lot to his game actually...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I disagree, but then again I was pretty impressed by him in SA. You make him out to be a Spanish Glen Johnson but I think he's got a lot to his game actually...
To be fair I'm mainly basing my judgements on him from what I saw during 07/08 and 08/09 when I saw him for Madrid, as I didn't watch a lot of La Liga the season just gone, so I can't really comment.

I've never been impressed by him though, and I don't think he was anything great in SA. Each to their own and all that though.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I used to think Ramos was a bit clueless but he's either grown up or his centre backs have improved. He scores about half a dozen goals a year, gets about the same number of assists and (sorry to say) I reckon he now makes fewer defensive and positional errors than Evra for example. Certainly it's rare to see him give away a goal except as part of some more general shambles.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
How can any United fan support Barcelona??! Ruud, Owen, Becks, Ronaldo eh???
Even if I am willing to ignore the above please explain why Owen is in that list? Who the feck cares about him? Alright he is our player and will be professional but Owen seriously?

MarkC

Think Real Madrid only due to the fact I think they will be hungrier for it this season than Barca. We know what Mourinho does and with the player at Real I really would not be surprised to see them win it all.

RedLars

I'm not sure, but I voted Real. I think Mourinho will be able to give them the edge.

lynchie

They'll probably both break 100 points, making the rest of the league increasingly pointless.

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
They'll probably both break 100 points, making the rest of the league increasingly pointless.
It's been a while since anyone other than Chelsea or us won the league. The Premiership isn't quite as predictable, but it's still pretty bad.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I'm surprised Real are ahead.

Mourinho is smart, but Barca have an amazing squad and Villa will make a difference.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
It's been a while since anyone other than Chelsea or us won the league. The Premiership isn't quite as predictable, but it's still pretty bad.
99 points to 96 last season. You don't see a problem with that? Atleast in the Prem you see some upsets and a lot of them last season.

TV deals that give Barca and Real triple the amount of other teams.

La Liga is massively skewed to help them out. The Prem has its major faults but it is nowhere near as bad despite Blatter and his blithering buffoon sidekick Platini taking swipes at it.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
BTW I voted for Real. The only reason being that that Jose is one man who knows how to win. Also since he is a "galactico" Perez will be far more open to listening to his advice.

Berlinknives

Madrid are second seeds in the Champion's League group stage this year, think I said that before.

Cina

I'd say Barca will edge it, but I'd want Real to. Anything that stops this constant Barca love-fest is good with me, be it another cnut of a club or not.

Enigma_87

You know who
Real will. I think Maureen will manage the ego of those pansies.

Barca suqad > Madrid squad but Maureen > Pep. It'll be decided in the last games as the Scottish....I mean the Spanish sides bar the two big ones are inconsistent and rather shit.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Am surprised the votings as close as it is to be honest, think alot of it is obviously due to the 'Mourinhio affect' though, any other manager and i doubt Madrid would get half that many votes.
I guess you have to put it into perspective, Madrid lost out to Barca on the last day last season with quite a new sqaud and not that great a manager in Pellergrini who made epic mistakes in bigger games

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Am surprised the votings as close as it is to be honest, think alot of it is obviously due to the 'Mourinhio affect' though, any other manager and i doubt Madrid would get half that many votes.
Well last season I was surprised that it was probably 50/50 with many pundits (e.g. Sid Lowe) predicting Real for the title. I suppose that was the galactico/FM transfer muppet effect.

I guess you have to put it into perspective, Madrid lost out to Barca on the last day last season with quite a new sqaud and not that great a manager in Pellergrini who made epic mistakes in bigger games
Such as? I think Real were a little unlucky in the first derby and outclassed in the second.