Who will win the Premier League?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Predictions?

Manchester City - Will they retain the title?

Liverpool - With Van Dijk back will they be back to their best?

Manchester United - Has made good signings but will that be enough this year?

Chelsea - A lot of people say they are favourites but will their European form transpire into their league form?

Deery

Dreary
Anyway I’ll go for it before it’s locked or merged but I think Chelsea will win it this season Tuchel just has that something about him that I think will scare Pep, he’s beaten him a few times already and has a wealth of riches at his disposal.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Definitely one of the teams in the Premier League. Put your money on it.

Kiwi Man

Supports
Liverpool
I just cant look past City- their mentality, squad depth and quality should be too much for every other team. Chelsea to run them close though and Liverpool/United to fight it out for 3rd

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Liverpool - they had their off year last season, I expect them to start a new cycle this season and repeat the type of run they went on a couple of seasons ago. Bastards.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I said if we sign Varane we'd win it. I said it mostly out of pure muppetry due to us actually signing a top class CB but I'll stand by it.

Of course my head says City what with their strength in depth but where is the fun in picking the favs!

RyRy11

Doubt City will retain it. I'd bet Chelsea but I think we'll actually challenge this year.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think Chelsea and city will be fighting it out for 1st and we’ll be fighting for 3rd. I suppose 3rd and a trophy would be a decent season, I know we finished 2nd last season but I’d always say that top 4 and a trophy is a good season.

dove

If City get Kane they will walk it again. If they don't then it should be close between them and Chelsea.

youmeletsfly

If we get a DM I think we're winning it, otherwise I'd give it to City again.
On paper Chelsea have a good squad, but their defense is a weak spot.

Banana Republic

I have a feeling Chelsea will win it, but it’ll be a close thing with City maintaining their form from last season.
Liverpool could come storming back for 3rd place, but they’ve not replaced Wijnaldum in midfield and they‘re short of experienced or quality back-up players in the front line.

Utd are stronger with Varane at the back and attacking reinforcement in Sancho, but we’ve still got to create that central midfield engine that can dominate and dictate the course of matches. Also, if Cavani can only give us say, 25 league matches and if Bruno doesn’t repeat his amazing goal tally, where are our goals coming from? Rashford barely made it into double figures (11 league goals) last time out, Martial has to come back from the dead and Mason is still a rookie. Will Sancho be able to repeat his BundeslIga goal scoring record?
If it works out we have a good chance of 3rd.
If not and and another team like Leicester or whoever are in the mix, we could be battling for top 4 again.

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

I have a feeling Chelsea will win it, but it’ll be a close thing with City maintaining their form from last season.
Liverpool could come storming back for 3rd place, but they’ve not replaced Wijnaldum in midfield and they‘re short of back-up players in the front line.

Utd are stronger with Varane at the back and attacking reinforcement in Sancho, but we’ve still got to create that central midfield engine that can dominate and dictate the course of matches. Also, if Cavani can only give us say, 25 league matches and if Bruno doesn’t repeat his amazing goal tally, where are our goals coming from? Rashford barely made it into double figures (11 league goals) last time out, Martial has to come back from the dead and Mason is still a rookie. Will Sancho be able to repeat his BundeslIga goal scoring record?
If it works out we have a good chance of 3rd.
If not and and another team like Leicester or whoever are in the mix, we could be battling for top 4 again.

I see Chelsea and City battling for first place and I don't think the gap between them and United is significant. I think we might be dismissing Liverpool a little because - while they lost Wijnaldum - their most pivotal player was Van Dijk and him coming back might see them pick up form and challenge.

For United, I think we'll have to start strong and as you said, Sancho provides some attacking options that we didn't have last year. That might be the difference in some of the same fixtures in which we looked toothless last year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think it'll be a close race between Chelsea and United. If City get Kane, then OK that changes things, but as it stands I have City finishing 3rd.

Von Mistelroum

Clearly City by a rather big margin but Chelsea will run them close for a few months I'm guessing, or possibly ourselves if we can remain relatively injury free but then City will pull ahead and win by a fair few points.

xtal191

If City get Kane they'll walk it and top 4 will be the same as last season, if the dont top four will be 1. UTD 2. Chelsea 3. City 4. Liverpool

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
City if they get Kane. If not then Chelsea are favourites.

Last I checked the bookies had us as fourth favourites for the title, behind Liverpool. Which seems harsh to me given how little they've done to strengthen in the transfer window. I'd have us as third favourites.

If City don't sign Kane then they drop to third or fourth, I think.