Who's next out of the door?

worldgonemad

Ok , so Jose has now been shown the door ( bit surprised at the timing to be honest ) I think it's fair to say the writing has been on the wall for quite some time , but its also fair to say that its not all down to Jose either . Do you think that whoever comes in will clear out some of the dead wood or disruptive players in the squad ( or even be directed by the board to do this so as to clear the decks for the new full time manager ? )
Players who spring to mind are Pogba , Sanchez , Lukaku , Jones . What do you guys think? Any exits over the next few months or do you think the squad will be left intact for the next full time manager to sort out ?

lysglimt

Scout
Ok , so Jose has now been shown the door ( bit surprised at the timing to be honest ) I think it's fair to say the writing has been on the wall for quite some time , but its also fair to say that its not all down to Jose either . Do you think that whoever comes in will clear out some of the dead wood or disruptive players in the squad ( or even be directed by the board to do this so as to clear the decks for the new full time manager ? )
Players who spring to mind are Pogba , Sanchez , Lukaku , Jones . What do you guys think? Any exits over the next few months or do you think the squad will be left intact for the next full time manager to sort out ?
Any sane manager will give his players some time to convince him that they deserve to be here.

Bojan11

Jones
Young
Valencia
Rojo
Lukaku

There’s probably more depending on how some players play from now until the end of season. The excuse of it’s José has gone now.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Nobody. All the players will be given yet another reprieve as the manager needs time to "assess his squad".

worldgonemad

Understand that completely , also though it cant be argued some players have had more than enough time to show what they can do already .

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The ones with their contract due to run out - Jones, Valencia, Young et al

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
The players have a lot to prove until the end of the season, No more blaming the manager. If they don't buck their ideas up then they need to be moved on ASAP.

FWIW: i was jose out and extremely pleased with the early Christmas present.

el3mel

Pogba in summer thanks to us playing in Europe League again while Barca and Juve are knocking on the door. Raiola will push for this move.

Then next manager will throw Lukaku out after 1 more season.

204Red

Woodward FFS!

Or at least get in a proper DOF so Woodie can concentrate on what he seems to do best - signing a new bathroom faucet sponsor

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Any sane manager will give his players some time to convince him that they deserve to be here.
I'd say any manager coming into United should probably have an idea of who they want to build the team around and who they won't need at all.

For starters I'd say we can get rid of at least one of Smalling, Jones and Rojo.

el3mel

That's why their first season ends in a top 4 struggling then failure and sack. Next manager should be asked to revamp the squad from the start. The upcoming one will have 6 months to review it away from the cameras now.

Steerpike

Interesting times ahead methinks. The 'Mourinho' excuse has now gone, and players will have to show that they deserve to be at our club. They'll get their chance, so I don't think there will be anything dramatic happening between now and the end of the season - either outgoing or incoming. At the end of the season, once the club has had the opportunity to assess the playing staff without the 'Mourinho' question clouding the issue, I expect to see a lot of activity.

RedDevil@84

So we no longer have the Jose excuse. Big name players like Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku have no place to hide now. They need to show that they mean business. And rest of the season will be quite telling.

And I really hope we don't extend the likes of Jones or Young or Valencia. It is time to move on.

Tiber

Some players should be given a chance.

But we have dead wood and aging players who should have been moved on long ago/never signed in the first place

el3mel

We aren’t getting rid of Pogba.
We won't want to, but if Barca and Juve knoced on the door while we're in Europe League again then tell me one reason for Raiola to not push for the move. I don't think Pogba himself will push for anything but it's his fat agent.

dove

Jones but I am afraid he might survive again as we will probably extend the contract cause you know, next manager might want him...

Sentient Meat

Young shouldn't be starting, but he's played well during a long and difficult period and been a loyal teammate. Should be allowed to remain longer as a squad player.

But I'm fine with getting rid of Lukaku if we have someone better lined up, as well as Jones and Valencia.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I dont think a lot will go and I very much doubt Woodward is anywhere near the top of that list. Take the football out of the equation, Woodward is actually a decent deal broker, he just stinks the place out at the football side of things. Get the right guy in as in Sporting Director, DoF, or whatever title you want, then no doubt Woodward will keep churning the cash. Players wise if the interim boss gets a tune out of world cup winning Pogba, Gets Lukaku to actually you know, look like a CF, score like a CF, chase down like a CF then why sell him ? Axe has to fall on Jones, Fellaini and Valencia though.

Handsome Devil

It could depend on how some players react to the new reality. No more excuses, no one to hide behind, they have to prove something and raise their game. Does Pogba for example want to be viewed as a United failure, should he leave, or does he not care that much anyhow?

Maccataq

Hopefully we can be in dialogue with the new manager to sort out transfer targets and which players he wants to keep but I would say Valencia, Jones, Darmian and maybe Rojo too.

I would probably keep hold of Young - think he is a good, committed professional and useful to keep in the squad as backup.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm just going to be blunt about this: the people saying Pogba should be shown the door aren't bright and I might just think of them as stupid. I'm sorry it had to be said, that's literally one of the stupidest thing that's been said on the Caf the past few days and for some reasons those people aren't being called out.

Utterly moronic train of thought. Who sit around thinking of ridding their club of one of their most talented and best player, especially when a fresh start is about to begin. Some people say utterly moronic things.

DSG

If we get a manager who installs a high press, my guess is that the bigger, lumbering, not so quick players like Matic and Fellaini will need to go. Also, in modern football, you need ball playing center backs, so it is likely that Smalling, Jones and Rojo will move on.

I expect Valencia and Young to either move on or be relegated to a backup role. Fullbacks require a high level of skill these days as they operate more like midfielders in the attacking 3rd. Darmian is more a poor man’s Azilpuceuta and fits more in a back 3.

Reactions: van der star

acnumber9

We won't want to, but if Barca and Juve knoced on the door while we're in Europe League again then tell me one reason for Raiola to not push for the move. I don't think Pogba himself will push for anything but it's his fat agent.
The cup competition we’re playing in will make no difference. We were in the Europa when he signed for us. He’ll go where the money is.

el3mel

The cup competition we’re playing in will make no difference. We were in the Europa when he signed for us. He’ll go where the money is.
When he signed he believed it was just one season and we will be back to CL in not time. Now we are supposed to play in it again and enter another rebuild, while he has offers from Juve and Barca knocking on the door. Can't see Raiola being quiet.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We aren’t getting rid of Pogba.
You may be right.
United will already know his exact value to the club in terms of non playing revenue.
Don't underestimate his commercial value just because of who he is.

While I have been underwhelmed by his performances he can be a game changer and we desperately need him on top form to stand any chance of a top 4 finish.