Who's the best player in the Premier League?

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
From what I've read/heard over the past couple of months the consensus seems to be N'golo Kante taking into account his last two seasons. What does everyone else think?

Robbie Boy

Kante would be a long way down any list of players I would take for United / I think is the best in the league.

On talent I would say KDB, Aguero, Sanchez and Hazard. On form I would say I would rate Sanchez as the best currently with Hazard not far behind. Alderweireld is worth a shout as a player I would love at United.

Final answer Chris, it's Sanchez.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Aguero by a mile when at his best but that doesn't seem to happen much anymore, I guess due to injuries.

So probably Hazard or Sanchez.

cyberman

Hazard and then a tie between Costa and Ibra.
I expected a big season from KDB but boy has he played below expectations.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One player is so far above the rest that it's actually not even funny.
A true warrior and inspirational leader of men, whilst at the same time combining grit and determination with fantastic technique.

Jordan Henderson.

CM

I think the City have the two best in Aguero and de Bruyne when they're at the peak of their powers but neither have really played to potential since the first couple of months of the season. On current form it's between Sanchez and Hazard.

Theonas

Scout
Hazard changes games on his own on a more regular basis than anyone else in the league. De Bruyne and Agüero did that for City at different times but Hazard has been doing it consistently two years ago and again this season.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hazard, followed by Sergio Aguero.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Hazard, Costa, Aguero, Sanchez. This can also change depending on form. United and Liverpool have players who could break in soon, like Coutinho, Mikitharyan, Pogba, Firminho.

Dir Wangem

It's actually a tricky question. There are 7 players who stand out, imo.

- Agüero was considered the best before this seaso. By a fairly solid margin too! But his level seems to have dropped, so the discussion is definitely open now. Still, he ought to be a candidate.
- Zlatan needs a mention. He's wasted a ton of chances, but he's still scoring for fun. He's a leader as well.
- Costa has shown that last season was an exception, rather than his true level. He's close to the same level as Zlatan and Agüero overall. This season he's better than both.
- Hazard and Sanchez are top class wingers who wouldn't look out of place in Barcelona, Real or Bayern. They are both good candidates.
- DDG is the best or second best goalkeeper in the world. Enough said.
- Kante is a personal favorite of mine. Instrumental in two different teams winning the league in two years(there's no way Chelsea lets this slip).

It all boils down to what you value. All of these 7 are "correct" answers.

criticalanalysis

Top 5, in order...

Costa
Sanchez
Hazard
Aguero
Kanté
I'd go with Costa too.

Every team in the league and most in Europe world would benefit massively with him in it. He's a fantastic leader of the line, has very (underrated and not noticed) good link up play and is integral to that Chelsea attack. Without Costa, Hazard would be finding it much harder to break down teams the way he has this season.

His overall game influence is a bit similar to Drogba i.e he'd make 'more' of a difference to a team than compared to others imo.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
I should imagine Kante will win Chelsea fans and Chelsea players PotY as most think he has been their best and most consistent player this season followed by Hazard, Luiz and Costa in no particular order. Whether other clubs fans can see how good Kante actually is is debatable.
Ibra stands out for Utd, Kane for Spurs, Sanchez for Arsenal, Aguero for City and no-one at Liverpool.

So based on this season....any of the above for their own reasons could be this seasons best player. But we all know that fans generally go with goal scorers and/or flair players

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Hazard
Sanchez
Aguero
Costa
KDB
Zlatan

Next season will be Pogba. He will score 20. Bank on it . So many posts and missed chances. After a proper rest, an improved team and being settled he will dominate.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If I could take any player from a team in this league it would be kante

He is a real difference maker over the course of a season

Think he has been best player last season and this

Bwuk

On terms of talent it's Pogba.

He's not done it this season though, so Kante for me

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Kante isn't even the best player at his club never mind PL. Don't get me wrong, his impact on the game is massive and he's quality but I'm tired of the circlejerking over him.

Hazard is the best player in the PL.

Everyone playing to the absolute best of their abilities then you'd struggle to find someone better than Aguero. Problem is it looks like those days are behind him.

Treble_Winning

Hazard changes games on his own on a more regular basis than anyone else in the league. De Bruyne and Agüero did that for City at different times but Hazard has been doing it consistently two years ago and again this season.
Actually Zlatan has changed games on his own on an even more regular basis. It's shocking that most fans haven't even mentioned him. I'm disappointed that people seem to be harbouring an agenda against Zlatan and refusing to give him credit. Some people are even saying that Zlatan is the reason United are doing so poorly in the league. What a joke. The guy has scored 26 goals. Okay so he has missed chances. But he has STILL scored 26 goals and its only March. Do people really think that he should be scoring 50 goals by this point of this season? Have Hazard, Costa, Kane, Sanchez or any of those other guys scored 50 goals?

As a matter of fact, did Van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Henry, Zola, Cantona, Drogba, Owen, Fowler, Rooney, Shearer, Yorke or Sheringham ever score 50 bloody goals!! Zlatan has done phenomenally well, he is one of the best players in the league objectively speaking. If you take into account subjective factors (aka he is fecking 35 years old and it is his first season in England) then he deserves to be named POTY even more!!

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
Based on how it's being judged:

On recent form: Hazard
Over Premier League career: Aguero
Over entire career: Sanchez