Whose on pens now then?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Now Pogba is back does he take his spot back, or does Rashford stay on them? Neither have particularly great records, although I do find Rashford slightly more reliable.

To be honest I'd probably rather Martial take them.

The White Pele

Rashford please. Needs to improve a little bit but has shown he can take them under pressure, has a clean strike and has shown a bit of variety in his execution also. He's also almost always on the pitch.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Rashford please. Needs to improve a little bit but has shown he can take them under pressure, has a clean strike and has shown a bit of variety in his execution also. He's also almost always on the pitch.
Yeah, that's the most important thing for a designated pen taker. Mata is probably our best taker, but he's only on the pitch about a quarter of the time.

Have we had a reliable pen taker since Ruud? Even Ronaldo and Rooney missed their fair share.

EDIT - Ibra for a season I guess...

Bwuk

I’d just let Rashford stay on them tbh.

Whoever it is, they should stay on them even when they miss the occasional one.

I wonder if Fred would be good. Hes arguably our best dead ball striker.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Rashford. He’ll be going for all time top goal scorer here, while Pogba will be leaving in the summer. They all count after all.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Juan Mata is the best penalty taker in Manchester United

But it's Rashford. Pogba has a bad penalty statistic.

2 man midfield

He can’t hit the target from 25 yards, so I’d be interested to see how he does from 12.

RedDevilRoshi

Rashy is still on them until he misses.

Was wondering but what was Fred not Shakhtar’s 1st choice penalty taker?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Rashford has only missed one hasn’t he? Actually it’s two isn’t it. What about Greenwood?

AndersB

Martial is - maybe apart from Mata - the best we have. Never understood why we haven't given them to him and just left it at that. Rashford seems to be getting better though.

RedIan

???? I find him terrible at dead ball strikes his corners are so poor and he has the worst shot in the team. personally i wouldn’t let him near a penalty Unless its a rugby conversion Over the bar.

TrustInOle

Rashford. Easy decision now with how well his composure has been developing. Fully expect Pogba to go along with this and not kick up a fuss tbh, didn't see much wrong with the original incident. Can see the media trying to get their boot in though at the next available opportunity.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Lingard.
Only way he might get goal points in 2020.

RedCurry

Juan Mata is the best penalty taker in Manchester United

But it's Rashford. Pogba has a bad penalty statistic.
Pereira is probably the best penalty taker at United. He has the technique to send the keeper the wrong way like Hazard.

To answer to OP, Rashford will for sure remain the penalty taker for the near future. Pogba’s long term absence and rumors of him moving away has done him no favors. While Rashford has stepped up and has been scoring consistently for last couple of months. A forward should always be preferred on penalty duties anyway. You want to give one of your players the best chance to get in contention of golden boot.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Think it should be Fred or pereira. Brazilians are good at penalties aren't they even if Fred is rubbish at free kicks.

RedIan

Should be Martial imo but i suspect Rashford and Pogba will continue To share them dependant on how their confidence is in any given game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, that's the most important thing for a designated pen taker. Mata is probably our best taker, but he's only on the pitch about a quarter of the time.

Have we had a reliable pen taker since Ruud? Even Ronaldo and Rooney missed their fair share.

EDIT - Ibra for a season I guess...
Did Ronaldo miss many?

I remember the champions league final, and away at Barcelona in the semi, but not too many others.

Rooney was a funny one, he always scored the critical pens, but seemed to get casual, and missed a fair few when we were already winning.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Has to be a forward who takes them as long as they're decent (which Rashford and Martial are), feck giving it to a midfielder who doesn't need the goals. Rashford, Martial...............................Pogba. In that order.

TRUERED89

After Pogba’s miss against Wolves, Rashford took over pens permanently anyway. So it will remain.

el3mel

Keep Rashford even if he misses a few. I trust him with them more than the rest.

Paul_Scholes18

Lingard.
Only way he might get goal points in 2020.
Have he ever taken one for us? Can't remember if he did in the cups or not.
If he had missed I would probably have remembered like Jones who missed one under Jose when we got knocked out in the cup

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If he had missed I would probably have remembered like Jones who missed one under Jose when we got knocked out in the cup
Not that i can remember.

2 man midfield

He'd need to get 24 per season for the next 8 seasons to be top scorer.
I’m not saying he’ll get there just by taking penalties :lol:

But they all count. By the time he’s 30 he could have an extra 40-50 goals from it.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Did Ronaldo miss many?

I remember the champions league final, and away at Barcelona in the semi, but not too many others.

Rooney was a funny one, he always scored the critical pens, but seemed to get casual, and missed a fair few when we were already winning.
He missed a few yeah, I remember him missing against Wigan vividly. He was only our pen taker for 2 seasons, and theres 3 misses already. He was good of course, but not uber reliable.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

He took one in Ole's first game at Cardiff, surprisingly decent pen.