Why are all tweets about football stats like this?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Number - Football player has achieved a boring statistic for club during season. Adverb.

100% - the number of tweets Opta and the like have written in this style since Twitter began. Irritating.

Member 125398

78% - Wout Weghorst has the most wry smiles after not nearly scoring in all Europe. Woutever.

Chipper

Adulterer.
689 - the number of posts where wonder pigeon made good observations. Studious.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Easy - because people have no creativity nowadays. Copycats.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Because they're understaffed and the tweets were done by an intern who doesn't get paid. Their pay is work experience for a task that doesn't require uni degree to begin with. Back in my days I drove tourists around in Taxi and was able to feed 3 kids, 1 wife and buy a house with no mortgage, didn't even finish my school.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Because they're understaffed and the tweets were done by an intern who doesn't get paid. Their pay is work experience for a task that doesn't require uni degree to begin with. Back in my days I drove tourists around in Taxi and was able to feed 3 kids, 1 wife and buy a house with no mortgage.
Wtf, how did your girlfriend survive

Chairman Steve

Being the Opta Twitter account is the step down from being on the BBC live text feed. Ran by some sports journalism graduate fresh out of Uni to be the typing monkey.

Opta needs you to be a statto (14 - The thousands of pound sterling I have in student debt from university. Destitute)

BBC needs you to editorialise and be obnoxiously relatable. (It’s a penalty but it doesn’t look like one to me that doesn’t! By the way remember Freddy Adu and Kerlon?)