Why didn’t we just wait until the end of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Also a strange thread after a match we gave a very good account of ourselves against a European giant and we were let down by quality, not the manager.
That too. It's just said. Some just want Ole to fail. No patience at all..

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Technically still in the tie but realistically you have a 1% chance at the Nou Camp. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won 3-0.

Also god knows I hope I’m fecking wrong because I want United to win.
My main annoyance is that Ole has only just started as permanent manager and has yet to even begin building the team as he wants it... yet everyone wants to judge everything on current results.

It's not even performances, it's just results. We lost against arsenal, wolves and Barcelona when we deserved at least a draw in all of them but people are turning on Ole.

It's not a 1% chance when we're only a goal down with 90 minutes to play.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Ok, I'll bite.

Barcelona would have scored more than one goal tonight vs the Spurs, in their new stadium...most certainly.

Just wanted to say something related to the feckin Ole-Bottletino debate...

Sparky Rhiwabon

I was just surprised and shocked when Ole was given the job full time.Yes,there was talk in the media that he was going to sign permanently imminently but I didn’t take that talk seriously...I thought that we would do the sensible thing and wait until the end of the season before taking a call.

Why did we give him the job permanently??Why?Dont tell me that Rashford and De Gea wouldnt Have signed new contracts without Ole signing first...Why did we jump the gun and lose our nerve?

This isn’t an overreaction,i”ve been thinking about this for the last few weeks....4 defeats now in the last 5 games...Apart from those few months,what in his track record suggests that he’s good enough for this job?I”m not saying that he shouldn’t have become our manager,I”m just saying that we should have done the right thing by taking a call at the end of the season....
I thought this at the time when the announcement was made but I didn’t post anything on here as everyone seemed really happy with the decision so I thought it wouldn’t go down well. I don’t see what we had to lose by waiting until the summer and then making a more informed decision.

el3mel

As I said previously, I want him in but people who wanted to right have a pretty strong point.

United reward fat contracts pretty easily to players and managers for any good run of results it's really a terrible strategy. The club is still run without any plan and just hoping for anything good to happen to throw contracts at them.

buckooo1978

I'm satisfied with the performance

Not announcing Ole isnt going to give Young more crossing ability or make the team better technically

we have two big Summers ahead of us.... that's when we will see what Ole is made of

Status
Not open for further replies.