Why doesn't Dave come upt for corners / free kicks?

Sir A1ex

Three corners and a free kick in the "chuck it in the box" position in the final minute or so when one goal down. Any reason DDG isn't coming up for these?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Goal difference might matter and given how well they've countered all day long, I hardly would have wanted him anywhere near the opposition box even at 1-2.

Skills

Snitch
Don't think he's big enough to cause any kind of distraction. Normally the keepers who go up are usually monsters, so even if they're a bit shit in the air they still command some attention.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Didn't Cech do this last season, pulled a muscle and was out for a month?

3KDré

What's he gonna do? It would have minimal effect.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The lack of urgency in general after Rooney scored was weird. Never seen such a muted response from a team halving a two goal lead. Barely even looked pleased to score. It was as though it was a consolation goal in a game where we're 5 behind. Very strange.

Thiim

Oh dear. He has probably made some mental notes from having seen quite a few United games in his time and one particular issue stands out like a nun in a brothel: United can't take a decent corner if our lives depended on it.

togg

The lack of urgency in general after Rooney scored was weird. Never seen such a muted response from a team halving a two goal lead. Barely even looked pleased to score. It was as though it was a consolation goal in a game where we're 5 behind. Very strange.
Rooney's motivational clap was so insincere to be amusing. Either that or he was absolutely knackered after booting that ball in the net....

Sir A1ex

Goal difference might matter and given how well they've countered all day long, I hardly would have wanted him anywhere near the opposition box even at 1-2.
GD is never as important as the points, unless you're down to the last match or two and know it's likely to come down to that.

And anyway, isn't it head-to-head records? And we beat them 4-1 at home.

Sir A1ex

Don't think he's big enough to cause any kind of distraction. Normally the keepers who go up are usually monsters, so even if they're a bit shit in the air they still command some attention.
What's he gonna do? It would have minimal effect.
He may not be a beast, but he's tall. And an extra tall guy in the box to mark has to complicate things for defenders.

Sir A1ex

Oh dear. He has probably made some mental notes from having seen quite a few United games in his time and one particular issue stands out like a nun in a brothel: United can't take a decent corner if our lives depended on it.
Actually, beginning of this season the addition of Zlatan seemed to have finally given us a genuine threat from corners. But yeah, we've reverted to type recently.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
GD is never as important as the points, unless you're down to the last match or two and know it's likely to come down to that.

And anyway, isn't it head-to-head records? And we beat them 4-1 at home.
Doesn't have to come between us and Fenerbahce, we could well be tied with Feyenoord in the end with the same scoreline repeating in both fixtures.

Big Jim Holton

Indeed, the head to head in these two game might be critical to qualifying. As it stands we have won that particular battle.

Didn't Cech do this last season, pulled a muscle and was out for a month?
Not worth risking it unless it really it's really do or die is it?.

Sir A1ex

Doesn't have to come between us and Fenerbahce, we could well be tied with Feyenoord in the end with the same scoreline repeating in both fixtures.
Not likely enough to take into consideration.

In fact, it's barely possible, is it?

Edit: I'm not sure it's possible at all actually. If we beat them, then we can't end up level.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Interesting, considering that we scored what, 3 goals from the corners against Leicester?
I thought that it would be a turning point

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not likely enough to take into consideration.

In fact, it's barely possible, is it?

Edit: I'm not sure it's possible at all actually. If we beat them, then we can't end up level.
We could draw at Zorya and then beat Feyenoord. If Feyenoord beat Fener and Fener subsequently beat Zorya, we could be in a three way tie.

Big Jim Holton

But we weren't going to ship 2 goals form him coming up!:houllier:
True, but De Gea risking muscular dysfunction isn't worth it. A loss by one, and win the next two, gets the job done. If we can't win the next two games we may as well sell Old Trafford and go live in the hills.:D

Sir A1ex

True, but De Gea risking muscular dysfunction isn't worth it. A loss by one, and win the next two, gets the job done. If we can't win the next two games we may as well sell Old Trafford and go live in the hills.:D
I already live in the hills but I reckon you should start house hunting. Can't say I trust us to beat anybody at the moment.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It probably won't. Might if we win Feyenoord 1-0. Any other result against them and GD won't matter but at this point a 1-0 win at home doesn't look unlikely.