Why have we only won under three managers?

DickDastardly

Not a bad article. Short, to the point.

So, Ole's greatest strength is zero philosophy? Just keep the spirits high, get quality players and keep winning?

It just may be our Occam's razor.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If you believe that, is it impossible to change now?

R77

Jonathan Wilson made his bed and now he has to justify it.
Oles strength is he's clueless.
Twat.
This. I used to like him as a writer, but that's article in particular is a hack job for the sake of it. Plenty to write about us anytime, but why that now? Because he obviously can't stand our club and will put the manager down at any opportunity. You do raise an intriguing point OP, that I've pondered before and not come up with an answer for, but I wish people would stop clicking and sharing a blatant piece of ABU propaganda.

Theonas

Scout
This. I used to like him as a writer, but that's article in particular is a hack job for the sake of it. Plenty to write about us anytime, but why that now? Because he obviously can't stand our club and will put the manager down at any opportunity. You do raise an intriguing point OP, that I've pondered before and not come up with an answer for, but I wish people would stop clicking and sharing a blatant piece of ABU propaganda.
I don't see it as a negative at all, he is comparing his lack of philosophy to Sir Alex's and Sir Matt's for goodness sake. If anything, I read it as he is making the point that OGS has been harshly judged because he is coming at a time where philosophers are the trend.

Like most things in football, being wedded to a philosophy is going to be responsible for some great achievement but also will be a handicap in other scenarios and vice versa. I would compare us to Real Madrid in that regard who also don't seem to adhere to specific playing principles the way Barcelona do or at least would like to do.

R77

I don't see it as a negative at all, he is comparing his lack of philosophy to Sir Alex's and Sir Matt's for goodness sake. If anything, I read it as he is making the point that OGS has been harshly judged because he is coming at a time where philosophers are the trend.

Like most things in football, being wedded to a philosophy is going to be responsible for some great achievement but also will be a handicap in other scenarios and vice versa. I would compare us to Real Madrid in that regard who also don't seem to adhere to specific playing principles the way Barcelona do or at least would like to do.
Well, kudos. Read like a needlessly negative slant to me. Disappointing, because I usually like his stuff.

I think the game evolves and goes in circles enough that philosophy/system based teams are never going to last for a huge amount of time. They've obviously shown us the heights football can reach over the years though.

I think notions of philosophy in regards to Manchester United are more rooted in attitude and mentality than tactical intricacies or a defined style of play. Something I think Ole has handled incredilbly well considering the hurdles he's had to negotiate, and also why Fergie was able to be successful for so long. You have to have players with the right mentality.