Why is the Europa League and Champions League still going ahead this season??? Scrap it!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
What is the point of United, Arsenal, City, Real Madrid and Chelsea taking part in the semis now? I wouldn't want any of them to win it. I would rather PSG be given the CL title or give the quarter-finalists an opportunity to face them and just let AS Roma and Villarreal slug it out for the Europa League trophy.

They should just be binned out of it with immediate effect....and even impose a 3-year ban or something like what the British clubs had from the European Cup.

SER19

Agree. The state of a United vs arsenal and city vs Chelsea final for example

Irwin99

We're not even getting semis anymore, we're pulling out altogether

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Aren’t they cancelling it?

what’s the point of top 4 now too

cyberman

What is the point of United, Arsenal, City, Real Madrid and Chelsea taking part in the semis now? I wouldn't want any of them to win it. I would rather PSG be given the CL title or give the quarter-finalists an opportunity to face them and just let AS Roma and Villarreal slug it out for the Europa League trophy.

They should just be binned out of it with immediate effect....and even impose a 3-year ban or something like what the British clubs had from the European Cup.
Same way the Euros wasnt cancelled. Theres contracts to fullfill

Infra-red

I assume that we will be kicked out later this week.

Europa League semi finals will be Granada v Roma and Slavia v Villarreal

CL semi final will be Dortmund v PSG with Porto getting a bye to the final (or, I suppose, you could do a draw between Atalanta and RBL, to see who gets to play Porto in a semi final).

Baneofthegame

Would be ironic if they did hand it to PSG, only for them to join the league anyway.

Infra-red

Then the broadcasters would rinse them.
The games will still be played, it just won't be the same clubs playing them.

Dortmund/PSG vs Porto CL final would still be something people watch, as would a Roma vs Villarreal Europa final.

RoyH1

The games will still be played, it just won't be the same clubs playing them.

Dortmund/PSG vs Porto CL final would still be something people watch, as would a Roma vs Villarreal Europa final.
For commited football fans maybe. The plastics won't watch a Roma-Villareal final.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nobody's kicking anybody out. They've got contractual obligations to show the games and TV companies will want the big teams to stay in.
TV companies don't determine who gets to CL and EL finals.

It's like your partner of 30 years saying they don't love you anymore and they want to be with someone else....but we'll still go on holiday together seeing as it's paid for.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Yeah. If the ESL come to be, I fully expect PSG and Bayern to join after a couple of years.
bayern enjoy being the biggest fish in the pond and preying on smaller clubs. they’ll stay where they can win it every year.

fishy fishy fish

Infra-red

Nobody's kicking anybody out. They've got contractual obligations to show the games and TV companies will want the big teams to stay in.
What the TV companies will want is for the games to go ahead, which they will, it's just that it will be Dortmund, Porto, Granada and Slavia replacing City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal. UEFA will still fulfil their obligations.

jesperjaap

Come on, the disgust should be aimed at the owners of these clubs....NOT the players and managers who all seem to be against the superleague as much as the fans. The sides have worked hard all season to reach the semi finals, the anger shouldnt be aimed at them and any punishments which I do agree with should be at the end of the season.

Totally anti superleague and disgusted at the people at the top of these clubs of course, but I support the players and the manager this year, I wouldnt in a super league.

It is shocking they me able to get this through, but we shouldnt be shocked they are trying, the pure leaching of our owners as been apparent from early on and become more prevalent the last few seasons too.

Gandalf

What the TV companies will want is for the games to go ahead, which they will, it's just that it will be Dortmund, Porto, Granada and Slavia replacing City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal. UEFA will still fulfil their obligations.
UEFA does not have a legal case to kick the teams out and will be destroyed in the courts if they try it. I hate the ESL with a passion but all the big talk from UEFA is pathetic as they can't back any of it up.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, PSG who broke every ffp regulations in past ten years definitely deserve to be handed a CL trophy. Them and UEFA make great pair tbf.

Roboc7

UEFA does not have a legal case to kick the teams out and will be destroyed in the courts if they try it. I hate the ESL with a passion but all the big talk from UEFA is pathetic as they can't back any of it up.
They have no legal grounds but they can do it and worry about the consequences later, would take a long time for any court case to be resolved and what is worst punishment going to be anyway.

Gandalf

They have no legal grounds but they can do it and worry about the consequences later, would take a long time for any court case to be resolved and what is worst punishment going to be anyway.
The teams involved have already made preliminary court filings and that is not to mention the likelihood of the broadcasters asking for their money back, the players unions weighing in to protect the players interests etc, UEFA don't have a leg to stand on and are just making themselves look stupid by talking so much crap.