Will dippers throw the game vs Chelsea?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I feel its more of a conscious effort aimed towards discrediting anything we might achieve in the game( a win or a draw).
Saw a lot of it during and after the City game, even though they were putting 4-5 past teams before we met continued to do so after.

I personally don’t see us winning but if we do it won't be because Liverpool threw the match.
It's the nature of the beast on here. If Chelsea drop points it's because we are dogshit. If Man United drop points it's because the opponents were game-raising bastards.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I feel its more of a conscious effort aimed towards discrediting anything we might achieve in the game( a win or a draw).
Why would we go to such effort? United fans don't care about Chelsea, at least those of us from the NW of England anyway. Our London support may feel differently.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's the nature of the beast on here. If Chelsea drop points it's because we are dogshit. If Man United drop points it's because the opponents were game-raising bastards.
Have you not seen the meltdown that ensues in the United forum following a loss, or even a draw?

It’s not a case of them throwing the game, but we are likely to see the same Sort of performance as against arsenal. They are not going to go out with intensity, they will want to win the game of course, but that extra incentive they had before the league was won clearly is it there.

They are effectively on the beach already. They couldn’t care less about the result. You saw that against Arsenal, they had an opportunity to get to 100 points, and they didn’t want it enough.

El Zoido

They won’t throw the game, that’s a crazy accusation really. Think they’ll lose though, they’ve been playing like they’re hungover ever since they got confirmed as champions. Chelsea need to win and Liverpool do not.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Have you not seen the meltdown that ensues in the United forum following a loss, or even a draw?
It's the nature of the beast with Chelsea fans on here, only see what they want to.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Sheffield & Southampton both raised their game. Chelsea & United were both shit.

I would argue that Southampton really raised their game though. I don’t know if you watched it but they were absolute machines & were relentless in the high press for the entire 98 minutes. I find it impossible to believe they play like that every week given that they are 12th in the table & have lost 16 games.

Last edited:

Squeaky Bumtime

They won't of course, they'll want to keep they home record and they have a trophy presentation afterwards. In front of empty seats but nevertheless.
I don't think they'd be that petty to throw it just to spite us.
Saying all that they might lose even if they play 100 percent cause their form fell which is understandable.

joedirt87

the title presentation makes me think they will show up, but who knows.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Someone the other day said they'd rather Man City get in the Champions League over Chelsea.

I was shook!
London based United fans seem to see Arsenal as our main rivals, which is weird to me. The only time I can remember any United fans really hating Chelsea was the first Mourinho era from 04-07. Nowadays I hope you lose but I don’t despise your club the way I do Liverpool. I’d much rather Chelsea won the league than Liverpool or City.

For me in terms of dislike I’d say it’s
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Leicester

Don’t really dislike Spurs or Leicester it’s more just about league position with them.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
They’re winning the title mate, I don’t think they are sparing us that much thought right now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Disappointing that you are here since 2004 but still came up with that. When we lose then collective caf minds come to conclusion that none of our players are top 6 quality and most of them are not even PL quality.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
London based United fans seem to see Arsenal as our main rivals, which is weird to me. The only time I can remember any United fans hating Chelsea was the first Mourinho era from 04-07. Nowadays I hope you lose but I don’t despise your club the way I do Liverpool. I’d much rather Chelsea won the league than Liverpool or City.

For me in terms of dislike I’d say it’s
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Leicester

Don’t dislike Spurs or Leicester it’s more just about league position with them.
For me, it's

1. Liverpool by a distance.
2. City - City
3. Leeds - the worst fanbase on planet earth. Bar none.
4. Arsenal - we haven't forgotten about you.

The rest I'm ambivalent towards.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Disappointing that you are here since 2004 but still came up with that. When we lose then collective caf minds come to conclusion that none of our players are top 6 quality and most of them are not even PL quality.
I just searched "raising" and there's a whole page of results just from this week!

There's lunatics on both ends of the spectrum though, you're right there.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Chelsea fans have a horrible reputation due to the racist incidents, but I must say I’ve never actually met a bad one. Every Chelsea fan I’ve ever interacted with has always been easy to talk to, fair & knowledgable. The complete opposite to most Liverpool, City & Arsenal fans.

City fans are the worst for me. The sense of entitlement they’ve developed over the last few years. I mean at least Liverpool are a real big club, City are just Bolton winning the lottery, small club who nobody had ever heard of. Now acting like they are this powerhouse juggernauts looking down on other clubs.

padr81

Supports
Man City
If they lose it will be because they don't give a shite cause they've got the title, they will not throw the game or do anything to deliberately screw United, its stupid thinking. The players at both clubs are more than likely friends, I can't imagine TAA getting up in the morning and being like "Can't wait to feck over my buddies Marcus, Jessie, Mason, Luke" today.

I mean Alisson baptized Freds wife for feck sake. There will be no conspiracy. Liverpool might not be fully motivated but its nothing to do with conspiracy.

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Sheffield & Southampton both raised their game. Chelsea & United were both shit.

I would argue that Southampton really raised their game though. I don’t know if you watched it but they were absolute machines & were relentless in the high press for the entire 98 minutes. I find it impossible to believe they play like that every week given that they are 12th in the table & have lost 16 games.
Nah, that is just how Southampton play. Since that 9-0 demolition their manager has got them running about as if they take as much Colombian marching powder as Tony Montana.

Le Red

We really should run a contest for worst post of the year.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't think they'll go out there thinking "let's make sure we lose this lads", but they might be even more lacklustre than usual.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If they lose it will be because they don't give a shite cause they've got the title, they will not throw the game or do anything to deliberately screw United, its stupid thinking. The players at both clubs are more than likely friends, I can't imagine TAA getting up in the morning and being like "Can't wait to feck over my buddies Marcus, Jessie, Mason, Luke" today.

I mean Alisson baptized Freds wife for feck sake. There will be no conspiracy. Liverpool might not be fully motivated but its nothing to do with conspiracy.
Pretty much this, we have nowhere near the intensity we used to have which is understandable. Henderson being out amplifies this as he really sets the tone for the performance. But our players are making basic mistakes and playing with an air of nonchalance. You all saw VVD’s interview post arsenal. They’ve got what they wanted. I’m sure if the fans were in the stadium they may be extra motivated for records but apart from Salah trying to get a third golden boot in a row some of them aren’t arsed. When that focus and concentration dips a level you become much more vulnerable as a team.

The OP is funny though, that’s entirely the viewpoint of how fans would consider the situation. I doubt Klopp knows whether or not you get Sancho and how the CL affects that, nor will he care. As someone else said just like how your fans would have probably loved to have kicked us whilst we’re down more so when we were shit but your players whilst having an understanding of the rivalry are much more focused and kept in line by the coaching staff to win trophies something we have hardly ever challenged you for in the last 30 years. Elite coaches are not built to think that way. They can’t afford to.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

This shameless club furloughed their staff to take advantage of government schemes and are now going to waste £1m on celebrations in an empty stadium. Watch them gift the points to Chelsea next.

Champagne Football

It doesn't matter if the dippers throw the game or not, as we need 4 points from 2 games that should be straight forward enough, and if we can't get the 4 points then we only have ourselves to blame.

No doubt Moyes will prepare his team for us as if its a world Cup final.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It doesn't matter if the dippers throw the game or not, as we need 4 points from 2 games that should be straight forward enough, and if we can't get the 4 points then we only have ourselves to blame.

No doubt Moyes will prepare his team for us as if its a world Cup final.
We're guaranteed top 4 if we get 2 points from 2 games.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It would look a little silly for Liverpool lifting the title on the back of a spanking from Chelsea. I think some of their players should turn up for that game.

But just imagine Moyes stopping United getting champions League football for a second time... There would be a meltdown :lol:

LoneStar

No way, Klopp would not want to be beaten, and it’s presentation day (plus their home record).

Would they play as if they had to win the game for the title/record? Probably not, and can’t blame anyone there, not much point to winning this game. But I don’t think they will just give it up for our sake.

chelsea will be much more motivated going into the game however, which, again is the natural thing.

Champagne Football

We're guaranteed top 4 if we get 2 points from 2 games.
Yes but if we get 3 points against West Ham, we can still blow it if we lose to Leicester by a higher score than what we might beat West Ham by.
Anyways I think there will still be a few twists in the plot along the way as there always is.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If the presentation was happening with Anfield full, id say they'll play out of their skins. Empty stadium, dont think the trophy lift will be the same. The parade is what theyre waiting for, obviously. Thats where theyll really celebrate

Will they throw the game? No. Will they be arsed if they lose? No.

The amount of narratives i have read from some to convince themselves Liverpool will beat us is quite something, but i think the reality is every game for them now is a dead rubber. They're more likely to lose to us now than pre-lockdown, i dont think they will, though

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
When people think they will give it all, it doesn't mean anything if their minds are already on holiday. They treat their remaining matches like pre-season.

shahzy

On purpose? i doubt it. Due to complacency and having nothing left to fight for? Perhaps. As much as us and liverpool have a fierce rivalry, its based on two proud clubs with a long history. I doubt they want to tarnish their reputation by purposely losing. Just like i dont believe we would purposely lose if roles were reversed

DarkLord

Spend £1 million on celebrating in an empty stadium? How is this even possible? My god how pathetic, insecure and distasteful can you be.

GiddyUp

Spend £1 million on celebrating in an empty stadium? How is this even possible? My god how pathetic, insecure and distasteful can you be.
I fully expect them to walk over and start waving and throwing jerseys at an empty kop.

The_Midfielder

Why do we care .. Just beat West Ham anyhow .. thats all we need to focus on.. If we beat West Ham.. ..then Leicester have to attack us .. and we are lethal on counter

ash_86

Look what Chelsea Twitter posted today

Dipper's pre match talk sorted.

EDIT: they deleted it. It was the Gerrard slip.:lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Pleaaaaase throw this game you horrible bastards.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Chelsea fans have a horrible reputation due to the racist incidents, but I must say I’ve never actually met a bad one. Every Chelsea fan I’ve ever interacted with has always been easy to talk to, fair & knowledgable. The complete opposite to most Liverpool, City & Arsenal fans.

City fans are the worst for me. The sense of entitlement they’ve developed over the last few years. I mean at least Liverpool are a real big club, City are just Bolton winning the lottery, small club who nobody had ever heard of. Now acting like they are this powerhouse juggernauts looking down on other clubs.
Had a chuckle at this.
The biggest knobheads I've had the misfortune to meet have been Chelsea fans.
I was in Spain in 99 when we won the treble. Our hotel was full of Newcastle, Mancs, some from Leeds and Oldham.
Night of the CL final everyone was united behind United apart from one tosspot Chelsea fan from Dublin.
He was chucked in the pool at full time.