Will the dippers win all their remaining games?

Liverpool really have no margin for error any more. They could win all their games from now on or they just might slip up along the way. Their run has got to end sometime whether they like it or not.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
They'll win out or drop points against Spurs if United have already clinched as they'll no doubt be in a sleepwalk after realizing their dream was shot to hell.

I figure United will win against City and Wigan although nothing is a given. I figure SAF will field a strong side against City and might rest the main players at Wigan knowing he can afford the risk with Arsenal as a potential title clincher looming. That said, a draw or defeat against City puts the pressure back on United. But I can't envision United dropping six points in the final four matches.

Smith's Cove

I know I'm tempting fate here, but Liverpool to drop two points at West Ham on Saturday in a 1-1 draw, United to beat City 3-1 and clinch it at Wigan with another 2-0.

MUFCgal

I know I'm tempting fate here, but Liverpool to drop two points at West Ham on Saturday in a 1-1 draw, United to beat City 3-1 and clinch it at Wigan with another 2-0.
Wow. That's exactly the way I have it thought out in my head. I've said Pool to draw 1-1 with WH. Us to beat City 3-1 the next day then clinch the title with a 2-0 win over Wigan......spooky :D

Smith's Cove

Wow. That's exactly the way I have it thought out in my head. I've said Pool to draw 1-1 with WH. Us to beat City 3-1 the next day then clinch the title with a 2-0 win over Wigan......spooky :D
We are obviously soul mates and destined to be together. Please post a photo of yourself, preferably in lingerie or a bikini.

Longsden_7

I can see West Ham getting a point or more, they were good against Chelsea and should have come away with a point.

Colly

They'll draw at Upton park leaving us needing just a point from the Arsenal and Hull games to win 3 in a row

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
we only need 87 if they win all their games,

had this handy from an email earlier to a scouser , our figures v theirs .

38 games
2008 87 - 76
2007 89 - 68
2006 83 - 82
2005 77 - 58
2004 75 - 60
2003 83 - 64
2002 77 - 80
2001 80 - 69
2000 91 - 67
1999 79 - 54
1998 77 - 65
1997 75 - 68
1996 82 - 71

42 games
1995 88 - 74
1994 92 - 60
1993 84 - 59
Nice post.
I find it amazing that we are on course to accumulate our joint-highest ever points total in the Premiership - in a season where most people will accept we have not really hit our stride (at least offensively).

M160RA

I think (hope) that West Ham will take points off them this weekend. Torres will score and they'll be ectastic, but a scrappy goal at the end will tie the game.

Count Duckula

Liverpool will win their last two games. Today was the only one they were going to realistically drop points in, and even then it was a long shot. We're going to have to win our games to win the title, but that's only reasonable.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
Them WW, us DWD & an injury time winner @ Hull. You know we always do it the hardest but the sweetest way.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Bl00dy hell, I've just checked the date and the league table:

Saturday 9 May

Team P Home Away Pts Goal
Diff
W D L F A W D L F A
Liverpool 36 11 7 0 38 12 12 4 2 34 14 80 46
Man Utd 34 15 1 1 41 13 10 4 3 22 10 80 40

I know you've won the league this season hands down, but still makes promising reading for 'Pool fans. The boom bust cyle has shifted somewhat.

Stretfordender

i think the dippers will win all their remaining games tbh. But I also think we will win all of ours which in turm will make us champions and yet again it will be liverpools year next year.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
West Brom won't be that easy for them as they will work their socks off, however they do not possess ability necessary to take points off Scousers. Tottenham will be an easy win most likely.

For us to get 7 points in our remaining 4 games isn't really that difficult.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
&quot;like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bl00dy hell, I've just checked the date and the league table:

Saturday 9 May

Team P Home Away Pts Goal
Diff
W D L F A W D L F A
Liverpool 36 11 7 0 38 12 12 4 2 34 14 80 46
Man Utd 34 15 1 1 41 13 10 4 3 22 10 80 40

I know you've won the league this season hands down, but still makes promising reading for 'Pool fans. The boom bust cyle has shifted somewhat.
Promising?

Really?

I'd be gutted to be so close yet still odds on to win feck all this season. Be a disaster to finish without a single trophy (or even a cup final) in a season where Arsenal and Chelsea have taken their eyes off the ball and United have struggled for goals, with Ronaldo's surgery and settling Berbatov into the side.

And that's without even mentioning your precious "18"

Promising, eh?

Agonising, more like.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Promising?

Really?

I'd be gutted to be so close yet still odds on to win feck all this season. Be a disaster to finish without a single trophy (or even a cup final) in a season where Arsenal and Chelsea have taken their eyes off the ball and United have struggled for goals, with Ronaldo's surgery and settling Berbatov into the side.

Promising, eh?

Agonising, more like.
Bingo.

I think he's doing that whole RAWKish "let's pretend everything's fine" self-therapy kind of thing.

If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be absolutely distraught at the wasted opportunity this season, and rightly so.

If Liverpool fans genuinely believe this has been a promising season for them then that pleases me immensely. We know they lost their dignity years ago, but it seems any last shred of ambition or spirit is going as well.

What would Shankly think? "If you're first, you're first. If you're second, you're nowhere."

Now there was someone who knew what he was talking about.

Pscholes18

You do all realise of course that if we lose tomorrow against City (which is hardly impossible) then Liverpool are right back in it?

Impossible...never happen....the Prem is in the bag.....you look at any of our starting 11 and the thing that jumps out at you is experience....the lads know how to close a season out.

beardsleybob

What encourages me is that even with Liverpool riding this wave of euphoria all season long, it won't last. Players like:

Riera (flop at Citeh)
Benayoun (belongs back at West Ham
Kuyt (Afonso Alves in a different wrapper)
Aurelio (carbon copy of a bad Riise)
and many others

Those players aren't good enough to win the title. This season they're playing out of their skin, and come the summer, when the games aren't coming thick and fast, then the players will revert to their old selves. Meanwhile we will be looking for 4 in a row

Form is temporary, class is permanent

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Promising?

Really?

Promising, eh?

Agonising, more like.
The major objective for most Liverpool fans at the start of the season was to still be in the title race come April/May. That's been achieved. Winning silverware was always going to be a bonus. Not winning a trophy is anything but a disaster.

We're well placed to beat our highest ever points total (82 in 2006). We've a manager who's still 2 years younger than Fergie was when he won his first title in England. So considering the progress we're making, I can assure you, we're anything but 'gutted'.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The major objective for most Liverpool fans at the start of the season was to still be in the title race come April/May. That's been achieved. Winning silverware was always going to be a bonus. Not winning a trophy is anything but a disaster.

We're well placed to beat our highest ever points total (82 in 2006). We've a manager who's still 2 years younger than Fergie was when he won his first title in England. So considering the progress we're making, I can assure you, we're anything but 'gutted'.
Which says it all about how low your expectations in the league have fallen under Benitez.

el eric

feck it 7 points from the next 3 games ( or even 9 points) before they play again and they can go feck themselves

MG

The main reason Liverpool are still in the title race is because United and Chelsea haven't played at all like they can and have in the last few seasons. We're not playing as well as we have done in the past two seasons, and neither are Chelsea. Liverpool have played slightly better than normal, fair play to them, but if Chelsea and United had been playing at their best and to a similar level as the last few seasons Liverpool would have fallen behind in January time when they were getting all those draws and not be in the title race now.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
The main reason Liverpool are still in the title race is because United and Chelsea haven't played at all like they can and have in the last few seasons. We're not playing as well as we have done in the past two seasons, and neither are Chelsea. Liverpool have played slightly better than normal, fair play to them, but if Chelsea and United had been playing at their best and to a similar level as the last few seasons Liverpool would have fallen behind in January time when they were getting all those draws and not be in the title race now.
When United win the title this season, they'll probably have to match, or even beat last year's points total. Had you only achieved 79/80 points & won the league, then you're point about underachieving might hold more water.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
We're up against the best team on the planet, managed by the best manager on the planet. If we expected anything more, you'd class us as delusional.
I don't think you should have expected to win the league but it should have definitely been what you were hoping for.

LFC should be hoping to win the league every season. It just so happens that this season is your best chance in years to achieve this ambition, for all sorts of reasons - some of which are temporary (i.e. Wenger's moment of madness in not replacing Flamini or Hleb)

I just don't understand how any Liverpool fan could be anything other than devastated if this season comes to naught. I know I would be in your shoes.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
When United win the title this season, they'll probably have to match, or even beat last year's points total. Had you only achieved 79/80 points & won the league, then you're point about underachieving might hold more water.
The cluster-feck that is the relegation dog-fight tells you all you need to know about why the title winners will have a decent points haul. Fact remains that half of the "big four" have been unusually poor. United have been short of our best too, as it happens.

That won't happen again.