Will we see a front 3 of Rashford - Mason - Sancho?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Are they capable of playing high intensity pressing football? The type Rangnick wants?

Rashford and Sancho more than Mason, but all three are young, exciting, energetic forwards, and yes they're all woefully out of form.

Rashford and Sancho in their best positions as inside forwards on either wing, and Mason through the middle as a number 9, where he started the season and got himself a few goals in the early part of the season.

Will Ralf drop Ronaldo, abandon the 4-2-2-2 and give these 3 a go as our frontline?

Jibbs

Sancho, Bruno in Jota Role and Mason will be better.

Castia

I hope not

All 3 are being outplayed by 2 40 year old strikers in Ronaldo and Cavani

The lot of them have been shite this season

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Something needs to change ASAP.

We need new MFs for starters.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sancho and Greenwood I hope to see. Rashford needs dropping until he remembers why it is he puts his boots on.

Long Time Red

Bigger question is will we see a front 3 again this season?

I think Rangnick sticks with his 4-2-2-2.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not an Ole inner but I wanted him to be sacked after the January transfer window rather than before it because I wanted the players he was being linked to for transfers. I feel we would have seen this -

De Gea
Trippier - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
Rice
Bruno - Pogba/VDB
Sancho - Greenwood - Rashford
For me Ronaldo messed it up. We saw us playing decent football at the start with players like Pogba making assists for fun Greenwood scoring and Bruno on some form. I'm not saying we were perfect and good enough for the top -
But I would have liked to see it than the stuff we see now and how we play after the sudden surprise transfer of Ronaldo.

Last edited:

OL29

I hope not

Greenwood has been better than Cavan I think, plus he’s more versatile.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think all 3 are capable of the press, so long as the trio behind them do the same and it's all systematic. Would be keen to see them 3 start.

Blood Mage

Rashford isn't good enough and should probably think about finding a new club. A front three of Greenwood, Sancho and a new striker (Haaland hopefully) should be the future. Time for the club to stop being sentimental and constantly rewarding underachievers like Rashford.

dove

In their current form? Let's hope no. Looks good on paper but hard to see it working really.

el3mel

High pressing? Rashford? Have you been watching him lately?

Frank White

High pressing? Rashford? Have you been watching him lately?
Non of them are, weird that you single out Rashford though who in his last full game had better pressing stats than Sancho and Greenwood since RR took charge. Based on form Rashford and Sancho don't deserve game time but neither does Cavani and you could easily argue against Ronaldo too. Seeing as RR is persisting with the 4222 would like to see:
Greenwood Cavani
Sancho Bruno

Castia

Are they!?
Apart from McFred I’d argue Rashford and Sancho have been 2 of our worst players by some distance. Greenwood a bit better but still he’s not been better than Ronaldo.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
100% want to see it.
Rashford Greenwood Sancho
Fred McTominay Bruno
Shaw Varane Lindelof Dalot
De Gea
I think this would give us the best balance of work rate and quality. Leave Ronaldo and Cavani to be squad players or impact subs, 100% with big roles, but they shouldn't be starting most games because they can't provide enough in them.

Nickosaur

I'm not an Ole inner but I wanted him to be sacked after the January transfer window rather than before it because I wanted the players he was being linked to for transfers. I feel we would have seen this -

De Gea
Rice
Bruno - Pogba/VDB
For me Ronaldo messed it up. We saw us playing decent football at the start with players like Pogba making assists for fun Greenwood scoring and Bruno on some form. I'm not saying we were perfect and good enough for the top -
But I would have liked to see it than the stuff we see now and how we play after the sudden surprise transfer of Ronaldo.
You think Rice would come in January?

passing-wind

See it under a manager like ETH. If the foundation behind the players is right anything is possible.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
100% want to see it.
Rashford Greenwood Sancho
Fred McTominay Bruno
Shaw Varane Lindelof Dalot
De Gea
I think this would give us the best balance of work rate and quality. Leave Ronaldo and Cavani to be squad players or impact subs, 100% with big roles, but they shouldn't be starting most games because they can't provide enough in them.
I think the front 3, with a midfield of McTominay, Fred and Donny could be full of energy and intensity.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Not a hope in hell all three of them will eventually be good enough individually and collectively to deliver the biggest honours. Greenwood likely has the best chance but even his future is hardly certain.

Walters_19_MuFc

Before the signing of Ronaldo, I thought this was what we were edging towards, with Cavani, Martial and Amad rotating. As it is, we're not seeing this but despite a slow start for them, it is a front three I'd like to see.

Rashford Sancho Greenwood
Fred Matic McTominay
Shaw Maguire Varane Dalot
De Gea​

Sancho as a false 9, with Rashford and Greenwood as wide forwards. Energy behind them, with Shaw and Dalot providing the creativity from the wide areas.

Scholsey2004

Before the signing of Ronaldo, I thought this was what we were edging towards, with Cavani, Martial and Amad rotating. As it is, we're not seeing this but despite a slow start for them, it is a front three I'd like to see.

Rashford Sancho Greenwood
Fred Matic McTominay
Shaw Maguire Varane Dalot
De Gea​

Sancho as a false 9, with Rashford and Greenwood as wide forwards. Energy behind them, with Shaw and Dalot providing the creativity from the wide areas.
Basically how liverpools attack is set up, with Firmino/Jota as the false 9. Obviously their midfield and full backs are much better than ours.

Abraxas

It'd be a lazy strike force but that's par for the course for us at the moment.

Also not convinced Greenwood is a centre forward for Man Utd at this stage. I don't think he's upped his game to suggest he should be, if anything he's regressed.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

De Gea
Rice
Bruno - Pogba/VDB
My issue with all those line ups was that Maguire is essentially your playmaker from the back. *shudders*.
I think if your CBs are Varane Maguire you need a deep lying playmaker in front of them.

It'd be a different story if we had an Alaba type at the back.

Rockets Redglare

God I hope not. Greenwood is the only one who should be near the starting 11 at the minute.

redcafe_reader

De Gea
Rice
Bruno - Pogba/VDB
We see Rashford just play without any care in the world, or fail to do the basic pass right, or run into 3-4 players on his own, and now we have the newest excuse for Rashford: The evil Ronaldo. It seems like there are always excuses for Rashford, with dedicated professional defenders.

And it's nice to see your "dream" team:

Without Ronaldo, we will get Rice, over all other big teams that want him? No guarantee.
Without Ronaldo, Pogba will not be injured, or will not want to move away? Well, no.
Without Ronaldo, we will get Trippier? Well, we can buy him anytime we want, he has a price and we have money, we just decided not to.

But then it's Ronaldo who "messed it up" and without him we "would" see that dream team? There is just no logic, but the narrative that "Ronaldo messed up Rashford" need to be pushed everywhere in the forum, like there is a KPI to met, like some one want the fan to look away from Rashford attitude and work rate.

MUFC OK

Next season with Ten Haag ball.

CDM - CDM

Bruno

It should be BTB CDM, two holding shouldn't be necessary if we have a midfield that looks after the ball and controls games. I might be deluded but I think with one or two new midfielders the team would transform.

CloneMC16

That was at least the plan under Ole. Whether Rangnick does it is a different story. It's hard to see Ronaldo getting dropped. Rashford also does not deserve to start.

Sancho, Bruno in Jota Role and Mason will be better.
That's exactly what I want to see. Carrick used it against Chelsea. It was Rashford instead of Mason, but the setup was the same. We don't have a good enough midfield to only play 2 players there. Bruno rarely plays like an actual midfielder. Play him as a false #9, and use a proper 3 man midfield.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Please no. Two of them are shite, and one of them aint good enough yet, and probably never will be in this club.

RedDevilQuebecois

I hope not

That should put an end to the conversation. It's up to the younger ones to STEAL SPOTS and KEEP THEM; I'm in no mood to give them anything on a silver platter.