Will we win the CL in the next 50 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I am well aware it is an entirely hypothetical question, but do you think we will and if so, when?

Just a quick reminder,
Juventus didn’t win it since 1996.
Manchester United won it twice during the last half of a century.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
If international football remains money driven we will only see a more predictable set of winners. PSG, Juve, Spanish trio and English clubs. Can see Bayern finding it difficult to reach later stages if they don't start spending big.

Overall a very boring future for football ahead.

El Zoido

How can you possibly predict anything this far in advance? You can barely even predict 5 years in advance let alone 50. In 2014 I wouldn’t have said Liverpool would win it again within 5 years.

Raw

It's almost impossible to predict when! No one would have believed you a few years ago if you told them Spurs would be reaching the CL final. It's very dependant on luck after all.

50 years is a really really long time. To not win one CL in that time would be very unlikely if we assume we still retain our status as a big club by then.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yes, when Brendan Rodgers and Gerrard are in the same team managing Arsenal.

Amerifan

In 2043 our starting XIX will defeat the Catalan Capitals 4.06 to 3.97, after holders the EU Standard Normalized Team Five is disqualified for banned cybernetic implant programming.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
These things go in circles. Could be in 2 years could be in 30. But a great club like United will have their time again. Look at Liverpool, only 8 years after Hodgson was there.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I am well aware it is an entirely hypothetical question, but do you think we will and if so, when?

Just a quick reminder,
Juventus didn’t win it since 1996.
Manchester United won it twice during the last half of a century.
It's difficult to tell if you're serious or not.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure, I feel like our 2068-69 side is a bit youthful to be honest, the average age is about -25 so it'll be tough.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I am serious, it is an incredibly difficult competition to win, unless you are Real Madrid and this competition is your playground, and even they went 32(!) years without winning it.
So of course I’m serious.
It could be 3 or 15 years but I'd imagine United would get their chance at some point before it's been 50 years

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Not sure, I feel like our 2068-69 side is a bit youthful to be honest, the average age is about -25 so it'll be tough.
In all seriousness though, 10 years ago City and PSG were mid table teams and Inter Milan were European champions. It's too tough to say what will happen in a decade, let alone 5

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I hope not. By that time CL will be third tier competition where average teams will play. Best of the best will play in world super league(WSL) and other big(ish) clubs will play in europe super league(ESL) . Our goal must be WSL.

Don't ask me how i know.....

Raw

I am serious, it is an incredibly difficult competition to win, unless you are Real Madrid and this competition is your playground, and even they went 32(!) years without winning it.
So of course I’m serious.
I think it'd be an interesting question if it was 10-20 years as the last 20 years or so gives a better idea of the progression and modernisation of football. 50 years is far too high to even think about.

Who knows, in 50 years we might have Jesse Lingard in his 20th year of managing us, trying to revitalise the squad after two successive relegations from the Disney League to the McDonalds League finally to the JLingz League. We might also have football on Mars. Maybe scientists discovered immortality and Sir Alex Ferguson comes back to manage us. It's pointless thinking about it.

billybee99

In 2057, Jesse Lingard will lead us to glory with 2 goals in the final. Headlines will read "Local Youth Guides Red Devils To 4th European Cup."

Lentwood

I would have thought so, yes

We’re still one of the richest, biggest clubs in world football so it would take a continuation of spectacular mid-management from the Board in parallel with 2005-2018 for most of that fifty year period to prevent us winning it at least once more

anant

Yes, we'll be captained by Jack Barlow, nephew of Aidan Barlow and will be coached by Shinji Hagumutso, who'll become the first Asian to lift the CL

Josh 76

How can you possibly predict anything this far in advance? You can barely even predict 5 years in advance let alone 50. In 2014 I wouldn’t have said Liverpool would win it again within 5 years.
This

Crustanoid

Will the Glazer family last another 50 years?

Will technology allow them to clone Ed?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Depends if youngsters like Lingard, etc. develop by then.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Will the Glazer family last another 50 years?

Will technology allow them to clone Ed?
I don't know why but i just pictured in my head scene like from Futurama. Glazers brains in some boxes and our Ed as robot who is following their orders.
Creepy stuff

Rooney24

Yes. But United being United will make us wait until the very end they wont want to win it in year 31 or 32 for example. Too boring. That wouldnt be dramatic enough. They will take us right to the wire, and we will win it in 2069. Football, bloody Hell.

I will be dead right enough, but Im looking forward to the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.