Will Weghorst ever score a Premier League goal for United? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justboy68

How did this guy even become a striker? I'd trust every other outfield player in the squad to score at a better clip. Maybe even the keepers. He can do some things sonewhat decently but he's abysmal in front of goal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s just so fecking slow. How did the defender even get the block there? The only goal he has scored for us was a rebound that would’ve been too hard to miss
Basically the exact same thing :lol:

lolok

I literally fell out of my chair when he scored.

TrailMonkey

We're lucky that Rashford and a few others are chipping in with enough goals to keep us in the top 4 and in the cups.

He's a trier for sure, and he does put a shift in more often than not, but he's been unlucky with a few efforts and plain shocking with others.

EDIT: he's just popped one in, pleased for him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Exactly how I'd have celebrated that too :lol:

rajds89

Never doubted him, greatest Dutch striker ever to grace the Europa League.

Erics_Collar

Seeing how happy he was genuinely made me feel sorry for him.

But I just need remind myself that he's genuinely shit. It is what it is.

DeGea

Love him, such a personality and tries very hard. Not world class, but always gives 110%.

PoTMS

I'm gonna go against the grain apparently and say I can't wait for him to leave United.

andy0

He reminds me of Peter Crouch - looks ungainly, but sometimes surprises you with brilliant moments.

Ok that goal was a bit ordinary, served up on a plate, easy enough if you're in the right place, but that is where he was

RedDevilRoshi

So that’s one in the Europa following his one in the league cup against Forest away.

Just the league and FA cup now to go.

Siorac

Nice moment. Heartwarming and all.

He was a still quite shite overall, mind you.

Oscar Bonavena

Happy for him that he scored. He seems like a nice lad and he's very honest and hard working....... BUT.....

He's nowhere near good enough for this club. People praise his closing down, which he tries his best to do, but the problem is he's too slow to even close down effectively! Defenders aren't really under that much pressure when they see Wout closing them down!

And not even joking here, but his legs are too long to get his shot away in time. Like that chance in the 2nd half when the ball fell perfectly for him. It took him half an hour to swing his leg at it, and the defender got his block in he had no right to.

And lastly, for his height, does he even win that many headers??! He doesn't even seem to be an aerial threat from set pieces, which is the least you'd expect from a 7 foot 3 striker or whatever he is!

Dve

Love him, such a personality and tries very hard. Not world class, but always gives 110%.
His defensive contribution as a forward is high class, and I'm positively surprised about the quality of his link-up play. He has just burned too many chances, but if he had put some of those, he'd been more celebrated by the fans. Still time for him to turn the fans around, though.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No he won't score, absolute terrible player. Absolutely nowhere near the level of Salah, Gapko and Nuñez who are the best front three in the world for my money
BeSt FrOnT tHrEe In ThE wOrLd.

Eric_the_Red99

We need to look for Weggy on crosses more often.
I don’t know if there are any figures for crosses attempted/completed when WW is on the pitch vs not on the pitch, but my sense is that he’s just very bad at making himself available for crosses in the box, or getting on the end of any crosses that do come in.

We also seem to be scoring more from crosses/direct corners this season, compared to the recent past, it’s just that WW has never been involved. Casemiro, Rashford and even Bruno have all scored from heading in crosses. Why can’t WW?

renatosanches85

I don’t know if there are any figures for crosses attempted/completed when WW is on the pitch vs not on the pitch, but my sense is that he’s just very bad at making himself available for crosses in the box, or getting on the end of any crosses that do come in.

We also seem to be scoring more from crosses/direct corners this season, compared to the recent past, it’s just that WW has never been involved. Casemiro, Rashford and even Bruno have all scored from heading in crosses. Why can’t WW?
Because he’s shit.

Greck

He's dropping deep to help so e's going to arrive late to attack crosses. In his case, really late. When he's close enough in the box he still struggles to get to hot spots before his man, he might have missed out on half a dozen tap ins already. Our chance creation is decent under Ten Hag, if someone is struggling to get on the scoresheet chances are it's deeper than the old lack of service trope. He's not a good enough scorer but in a weird way the scoring thing is also probably a bit overblown. We wouldn't be spamming aerial even if he was a better header of the ball. It's low efficiency creation, far lower than what Ten Hag wants to implement. Still in favour of an upgrade though.

Last edited:

032Devil

Seems a really nice guy. Felt for him when he got emotional after scoring the goal.

ForeverRed1

After the game he came over to every corner of the pitch and clapped the fans. Only him and Casemiro did it and i rate that, it means alot. He should of scored four goals but atleast he got one. His celebration was class aswell, he gets what it means to play for this club. If only he was more lethal infront of goal, he would be brilliant.

NLunited

He may not be the best at timing headers, but he sure as hell is available. His movement in the box is class.

Corners: the variant where someone runs to the first post, like Bruno‘s goal against Betis, you would not want Weghy doing that. He needs to distract and challenge while someone quicker makes the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.