Will you still support the club?

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
There will be another leech ready to step in the Glazers f**k off and they may well be worse. Its very difficult. The German model could be good but it's not going to happen here. It would be great if a couple of genuine billionaire Unitec fans got together to buy the Club but then money might infect them too. I am uneasy that the corrupt FIFA and UEFA are coming out of all this smelling of roses. They need sorting out too. I heard that the new European Cup format will have a couple of spots open for big clubs under some coefficient scheme - not necessarily a club with the points necessary to gain entry. In other words, one of the so called Big 15.

hastoro11

There will be another leech ready to step in the Glazers f**k off and they may well be worse. Its very difficult. The German model could be good but it's not going to happen here. It would be great if a couple of genuine billionaire Unitec fans got together to buy the Club but then money might infect them too. I am uneasy that the corrupt FIFA and UEFA are coming out of all this smelling of roses. They need sorting out too. I heard that the new European Cup format will have a couple of spots open for big clubs under some coefficient scheme - not necessarily a club with the points necessary to gain entry. In other words, one of the so called Big 15.
I second that. We can dream about Besos or Musk but the reality is that we can get a Russian, Chinese oligarch or an arabic prince/businessmen as owners because others don't have the money needed to pay the price for a club of this magnitude. The current value of the club as I checked is about $4 billion.

After the many positive things we did during the pandemic last year this weekend was a real shock to me. But I'm for the club and I will support them.

Crashoutcassius

I was thinking today about taking a break. If as get to the final I'll watch but there is nothing else to play for, and I really don't care at all.

croadyman

This is probably a certain amount of temporary disillusionment talking with the scenes of the last few days but I find it a bit troubling that a lot of fans are in a “all is forgiven” mood since United withdrew from the ESL and the board is acting like nothing ever happened.

Granted, the players and the manager had nothing to do with it and they should get the fans backing but the amount of greed in the game at top level is so disturbing. Money will continue to flow and line pockets of these selected few while entire communities face hardships.

Imagine if everyone was as outraged over issues such as racism and poverty. Priorities man priorities. This is probably an overreaction as I love the game but something is wrong with it.
I haven't forgiven them since the day they walked through the doors and don't get me started on that awful 09 window

redmanx

I support the club, not the Glazers. They're responsible for what's happened the past couple of days (and for a lot more), not the club.
If the super league had happened I believe the Glazers would have moved to change the name of the club to something more in line with their American ideas, Manchester Devils, Manchester Chargers, Manchester Giants or some such stupid name which, to them and US TV audiences would look better on a shirt. I seem to recall they tried to get the board to agree to something similar not long after they bought the club

dave1956

Owners of this club are transitional, the club however, has been here since 1878 and it will be here long after the Glaziers have left, so yes I will continue to support the great club because it is the club we support in good times and the bad times, not the owners.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I’ll still ”follow” the team, but buying merch, paying for sky/bt? Not on your nelly.

SoCross

Owners of this club are transitional, the club however, has been here since 1878 and it will be here long after the Glaziers have left, so yes I will continue to support the great club because it is the club we support in good times and the bad times, not the owners.
Let’s hope these bastards leave soon.

ArjenIsM3

If the super league had happened I believe the Glazers would have moved to change the name of the club to something more in line with their American ideas, Manchester Devils, Manchester Chargers, Manchester Giants or some such stupid name which, to them and US TV audiences would look better on a shirt. I seem to recall they tried to get the board to agree to something similar not long after they bought the club
Manchester Devils sounds about right. Or maybe just The Devils and move the club to the US or something.

wolvored

Obviously yes. But hopefully more people will now realise that the Glazers, and people like them who just see clubs as cash cows to be milked, having nothing positive to bring to football.
Clearly that puts United fans in a tricky position, as it’s impossible to support the club financially, by buying tickets, shirts, Sky subscriptions, etc, without putting money in the pockets of the Glazers and ensuring they stick around. But that was already the case long before this ESL business started
Listen to Barnes this is so accurate.

Dve

That´s pretty much it. When we play Leeds on Sunday, I will jump out of my chair, fist pumping as always when we score. There is no way around it.

the_answer

Nope.
Football nowadays is just basically a 90 minutes long TikTok video.
If this business (who want to sell me some cup noodles) treats me like a clown, at least I can preserve my dignity by walking away and not keep clowning. (Same reason I dont buy Fifa anymore )

SoCross

There should be an equal amount of outrage over the transfer fees and the insane wages. The big clubs are overspending hence their need for guaranteed income and the ESL. Instead of looking to increase revenue by destroying football as we know it, expenditure needs to be reined in.

Id be watching the game and cheering United on to win but the game as it is at this level is soul-sucking. And United as a club contribute.

stevoc

Completely agree with you but my worry is that no one with the right morals and values has the funds to buy us
You are right. Sadly the vast majority of people with enough money to buy United now probably wouldn't have the clubs best interests at heart. It would be someone else like the Glazers looking to leech off the clubs profits or scum like the Saudi Royals looking to use United as a vehicle for sportwashing.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm not sure anyone supports a team as some kind of moral choice to be honest, much as every fan likes to pretend they do.

People support the team because they are invested in wanting them to win. They just don't like being taken for or treated like mugs, or being taken advantage of as a result.

The whole "greed" argument is an empty one to be honest, as being annoyed about how your enjoyment of watching football might be affected is an entitled attitude in itself. It's not life or death and it isn't stopping anyone putting food on their table, unlike multiple things going on in this country that are, and which there is nowhere near the same level of anger about.

The only thing that would actually break a bond between fans and supporting their team is creating a scenario where there is no reason to care about the team winning, but the ESL proposal crossed that line at least partially. So no surprise that a lot of the attitude changes are directly linked to it.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I'm not sure anyone supports a team as some kind of moral choice to be honest, much as every fan likes to pretend they do.
I can understand that - I'm a huge fan of Bundesliga, and also of Bayern, and I actually don't care about titles, trophies, just enjoying games and enjoying that feeling they're not like majority of clubs (which was proved a few days ago).