William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Probably about time he had his own thread.

Been linked with us regularly since Moyes took over. Strong rumours at the moment particularly that Sporting are interested in signing Nani on loan and we are discussing a possible option on Carvahlo too.

He is 21 I think, has broken into the full Portuguese set-up and will probably go to Brazil in the summer.

He is a tall, strong, defensive-minded midfielder.

adamwest

Probably about time he had his own thread.

Been linked with us regularly since Moyes took over. Strong rumours at the moment particularly that Sporting are interested in signing Nani on loan and we are discussing a possible option on Carvahlo too.

He is 21 I think, has broken into the full Portuguese set-up and will probably go to Brazil in the summer.

He is a tall, strong, defensive-minded midfielder.
SIGN ME UP

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Never seen him play so I have no idea what he's like. Heard he's good though. How much would he cost, what kind of player is he, etc.?
@Arruda has probably seen more of him then any of us have so he could probably give the best opinion on him.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Fellaini is already doing this job and is going to be fulfilling his potential soon.

Do not desire.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I haven't seen Sporting much, in fact I haven't watched much football this season other than Porto because for economic reasons I had to drop my paid sports subscription channels. The little I saw shows a young and strong DM talented on the ball.

What I can tell you is that he's the first player since Hulk to been awarded Player of the Month for 3 consecutive months, is very likely to be called for the World Cup - and a probable reason for Porto's Fernando, who is now Portuguese and made himself available for the NT to be left out. I think it's very possible that he plays ahead of Miguel Veloso.

His release clause is 45m euros if I'm not mistaken, though this is more a precaution for the future rather than a reflection of his current value. Given Sporting's financial difficulties it will probably take a lot less to take him, I don't think they're in the position of refusing 20-25 million euros for any player of their squad.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Admittedly only seen Youtube clips but he looks exactly what we need in the midfield. The powerhouse athletic attributes are all there but what of his technical ability, passing, mentality etc?

Arruda

Supports
Porto
It's Carvalho by the way, thread title needs to be fixed.

ricardinho

Tall ,strong,talented, level headed player who deals very well with pressure and who from what i've seen of him and heard of him he seems to have the right mentality it takes to reach a new level , although hes already a very good player(Arguably the best player in the portuguese league at only 21) he still has a lot of potential to grow as a player(like being more aggressive and being a more of a box to box player ) and with more experience and at the right club (United would be it) he has what it takes to be one of the best in the world in his position in a couple of years time. Should be going to the WC in the summer and if the national team coach Paulo Bento stops being stubborn and puts the best players on the pitch then he will be a starter ahead of Veloso no doubt about it.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
This forum, eh? The speed with which I go from 'never heard of him' to 'get it done' is mind-boggling.

Get it done.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Tall ,strong,talented, level headed player who deals very well with pressure and who from what i've seen of him and heard of him he seems to have the right mentality it takes to reach a new level , although hes already a very good player(Arguably the best player in the portuguese league at only 21) he still has a lot of potential to grow as a player(like being more aggressive and being a more of a box to box player ) and with more experience and at the right club (United would be it) he has what it takes to be one of the best in the world in his position in a couple of years time. Should be going to the WC in the summer and if the national team coach Paulo Bento stops being stubborn and puts the best players on the pitch then he will be a starter ahead of Veloso no doubt about it.

Who is he on a similar level to right now as far as DM's go?

ricardinho

Who is he on a similar level to right now as far as DM's go?
Hard to say cause hes still very young and its hard to compare him with much older more established players but at his age probably only Pogba and Verrati are better than him but they have more experience than he has and less potential to grow than he has ,in a couple of years time if he goes to a team like United he will be at the same level as those two and will be one of the best DM's in the world. IMO hes better than anyone United has in his position and certainly better than someone like Mikkel for example but thats not a great feat (i dont rate Mikel).

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So, this is the new Yaya Toure right?

I mean, I haven't watched the video yet. But looking at the first paused screen, he's the next Yaya Toure.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
So, this is the new Yaya Toure right?

I mean, I haven't watched the video yet. But looking at the first paused screen, he's the next Yaya Toure.
Only if you're racist.

If you're not, Matic is the new Touré and this is the new Matic.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Plus, he's Portugese.

Sign them all up and maybe Ronaldo will come home. It worked for Arsenal with Ozil - do you think they really wanted Mertesaker and Podolski?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Plus, he's Portugese.

Sign them all up and maybe Ronaldo will come home. It worked for Arsenal with Ozil - do you think they really wanted Mertesaker and Podolski?
This might explain the bebe signing

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Ok, he's tall, we can work with that. But what's this about him being strong, athletic..fast even? Oh no no no.
If you're not tall and slow, or short and clueless you don't belong here!

Arruda

Supports
Porto
One of those "every good touch" videos in a game of higher difficulty.

Nickosaur

One of those "every good touch" videos in a game of higher difficulty.

He passes forward far too often to be in our midfield, do not want.

In all seriousness, he looks a talented prospect for sure. I remember a poster on here giving him a bit of a slating a few months ago and saying he was rubbish (someone mentioned he was the Portuguese Gareth Barry, might have been the same post..). I've never seen him play, but those highlights suggest there is a lot of potential there. He's young and a CM, sign him up Woody.

EDIT: Why the feck is my post in a spoiler?? RAHHHHRHR

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Is this the guy nicknamed "The Octopus". If so, sign him up for the name alone.

On a serious note, he seems like a very good player. Definitely what we need. Sign him up.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
Is this the guy nicknamed "The Octopus". If so, sign him up for the name alone.

On a serious note, he seems like a very good player. Definitely what we need. Sign him up.
The Octopus is Fernando.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
How do you rate Fernando? Good enough for United?
Not on my opinion. He's not good enough on the ball for most top clubs to even consider him. Think of him as a better Javi García, excellent defensively, but very little to add to the team in attack. Besides I only see him working as a lone DM in a 4-3-3 (like us, until this season).

A decade ago I could see him being wanted in plenty of clubs, because he's very good at what he does. A very traditional "trinco". Almost no one uses that nowadays though.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not on my opinion. He's not good enough on the ball for most top clubs to even consider him. Think of him as a better Javi García, excellent defensively, but very little to add to the team in attack. Besides I only see him working as a lone DM in a 4-3-3 (like us, until this season).

A decade ago I could see him being wanted in plenty of clubs, because he's very good at what he does. A very traditional "trinco". Almost no one uses that nowadays though.
Ah right, thought he may have been an option if he was good enough as I'd read that he's out of contract in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.