Wimbledon 2012

Enigma_87

You know who
Hewitt defeated Federer where both of them were young, and Federer wasn't formed as player. In the last 14 meetings since 2003 the record is 13-1 for Federer. In 8 times they meet in GS Federer won all the games. So, really Hewitt record against Federer is catastrophic after Federer was formed as a player.

About Sampras and Agassi, in that time there weren't winning that much GS, both were in their thirtieth when Hewitt defeated them so that's not that much. Don't get me wrong, Hewitt was a great player and I really liked him but he was not even near greats of this century like Federer, Nadal or even Djokovic. About Rodick he was even more far of their level.
Djokovic and Nadal are different class to Roddick and Hewitt. I didn't imply that. What I said that I don't think Nadal and Djokovic would beat Roddick and Hewitt the same way Federer did.

Roddick for example even off his prime managed to beat regularly Djokovic, Nadal and Murray, both in Masters and in Grand slam tournaments. Hewitt who is the better player and in his peak, will trouble and beat Nadal and Djokovic in GS tournament. Not the majority of times but certainly will take more matches off them rather to what it was with Federer.

Until 2008 Federer was 5-1 against Djokovic. Until 2009 he was 9-5. Even in his troublesome year(2008, mono, back injuries) he still managed to keep the gap. Up until last year when Djokovic was in his prime(and Federer clearly not and 2-3 years off his prime) he was 13-6.

In other words, given both in their prime, I can't see how Djokovic would trouble Federer more than HEwitt or Roddick. Djoker game simply matches up well to his...

Liam147

On Probation
Look pal, you never saw Rod Laver and have no fecking idea what you're talking about have you?
I haven't seen him playing but in every list he's on the same category as Federer and Sampras.
I'm saying that it's physically impossible to actually say one would beat the other. It's completely impossible to tell. Definitely not with absolute certainty. In what universe could they ever play each other? Plus that you just discounted all bar one tennis surface. Do you discount certain golf courses?