and we could very well be top of the league by Christmas

20 Nov home against Wigan
27 Nov home against Blackburn
4 Dec away against Blackpool
13 Dec home against Arsenal
19 Dec away against Chelsea

Optimistic perhaps, but I would never put it beyond this team to achieve that

Stretch

The first 4 will be 12 points secured. I'd be happy with a return of 13 points out of the 15 available. That'd be a great return.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Our record at Chelsea would suggest a draw would be an excellent result at their place. If we do that and win the other 4, I think we will be top of the league with a bit to spare

WireRed

We'd have to break the habit of a near lifetime and actually win at Stamford Bridge, something I can't see us achieving despite Chelsea's result yesterday.

puNANI

Next three games are vital for our confidence. If we win them three and Arsenal at home, then I'd fancy us to take a draw at Stamford Bridge with a team thats close to fully fit.

Polaroid

Chelsea's fixtures in the same period

Away against Birmingham
Away against Newcastle
Home against Everton
Away against Spurs
Home against United

Polaroid

We outplayed Chelsea in their own backyard last season. We are due a win if we can play to the same standard again.

WireRed

The first 4 will be 12 points secured. I'd be happy with a return of 13 points out of the 15 available. That'd be a great return.
That's a very arrogant view to take, we've done nothing this season to suggest the next 4 games are gimmes. For Wigan and Rovers at home, I'll remind you of West Brom, for Blackpool away, it's their cup final and has a similar David v Goliath feel to it as Burnley last year and we all know who won that one, as for Arsenal...quality team who are capable of beating us home or away despite our recent record against them.

Dyslexic Untied

Chelsea's fixtures in the same period

Away against Birmingham
Away against Newcastle
Home against Everton
Away against Spurs
Home against United
The Chelsea we have seen in the last four or five games could drop a lot of points in the fixtures. They meet us and Spurs and Newcastle away are tough fixtures.

They are really struggling at the moment, although they have been struck har by injuries and suspensions.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
At the rate we're going, 3 wins and 2 draws would probably be decent.

4 wins 1 draw would be very good.

5 wins would be wanktastic.

Polaroid

Arsenal's fixtures in the same period

Home against Spurs
Away against Villa
Home against Fulham
Away against United
Home against Stoke

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
and we could very well be top of the league by Christmas

20 Nov home against Wigan
27 Nov home against Blackburn
4 Dec away against Blackpool
13 Dec home against Arsenal
19 Dec away against Chelsea

Optimistic perhaps, but I would never put it beyond this team to achieve that
20 Nov home against Wigan WIN
27 Nov home against Blackburn WIN
4 Dec away against Blackpool WIN
13 Dec home against Arsenal DRAW
19 Dec away against Chelsea LOSE

Thats about the best we can realistically expect, as things are going.

Even Blackpool away at the moment isn't the kind of game we can go into with 100% confidence.

If we are within 5 points of Chelsea by Christmas, I'll be very pleased given how we've been performing.

Stretch

That's a very arrogant view to take, we've done nothing this season to suggest the next 4 games are gimmes. For Wigan and Rovers at home, I'll remind you of West Brom, for Blackpool away, it's their cup final and has a similar David v Goliath feel to it as Burnley last year and we all know who won that one, as for Arsenal...quality team who are capable of beating us home or away despite our recent record against them.
Whatever mr cup is half empty. I'm a United supporter and we have the capability to secure 12 points from the 15 available. You can doubt us all you want but I'm optimistic. A great win against Wigan and 'Burn can see us build ahead of steam for our traditional post Christmas run.

WireRed

Whatever mr cup is half empty. I'm a United supporter and we have the capability to secure 12 points from the 15 available. You can doubt us all you want but I'm optimistic. A great win against Wigan and 'Burn can see us build ahead of steam for our traditional post Christmas run.
Of course we are capable of getting 12 points from the next 4 games, that's not in question. You seem to suggest it's a banker 12 points though with you're "next 12 points are secured" nonsense. There is belief and there is undue arrogance, you're opinion belongs to the latter category judging by you're earlier quote.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
20 Nov home against Wigan WIN
27 Nov home against Blackburn WIN
4 Dec away against Blackpool WIN
13 Dec home against Arsenal DRAW
19 Dec away against Chelsea LOSE

Thats about the best we can realistically expect, as things are going.

Even Blackpool away at the moment isn't the kind of game we can go into with 100% confidence.

If we are within 5 points of Chelsea by Christmas, I'll be very pleased given how we've been performing.
somehow i m not that optymistic

lysglimt

Scout
somehow i m not that optymistic
The way I see it - if we pick up 9 points from our next 3 games - we will be close to the top after the Gunners and Chelsea game - regardless of how things are going in those 2 matches.

I am pretty certain that both Arsenal and Chelsea will drop a minimum of 2-3 points in the next 5 games. So i cant see us being more than 5-6 points behind the leaders regardless

K Stand Knut

We outplayed Chelsea in their own backyard last season. We are due a win if we can play to the same standard again.
This might be the stumbling block!!!!!

I think a draw would be wholly acceptable down there, as it would be against any top 4 team away from home, nevermind the reigning champions!!

If we can win the other 4 games, even a return of 12 points from the 15 would be exceptional

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Last season we got 12 points from the next 5 fixtures (replacing Portsmouth with Blackpool). This will be the key point in the season though:

Sunday, 12 December 2010
Tottenham v Chelsea, 16:00

Monday, 13 December 2010
Man Utd v Arsenal, 20:00

Saturday, 18 December 2010
Arsenal v Stoke, 15:00

Sunday, 19 December 2010
Chelsea v Man Utd, 16:00

Sunday, 26 December 2010
Man Utd v Sunderland, 15:00

Monday, 27 December 2010
Arsenal v Chelsea, 20:00

Exciting 3 weeks! Get ready to clear your calendars! Its also worth pointing out that its CL midweek on the 7th/8th December.

Stretch

Of course we are capable of getting 12 points from the next 4 games, that's not in question. You seem to suggest it's a banker 12 points though with you're "next 12 points are secured" nonsense. There is belief and there is undue arrogance, you're opinion belongs to the latter category judging by you're earlier quote.
You seemed to have missed out on the sentence that followed what I said. Furthermore, 12 points must be what we expect and SAF no less would as well. Call it arrogant if you want but I believe that we will get 12 points from those 4 matches. Guess that's just me then...

RedLars

For me, if we win the first three, we'll be on top after the two games after that. If anything, I don't think it'll be the big matches that cost us the title this year, and I'm fairly confident that we will be able to get away with four points from Arsenal and Chelsea.

Exciting times ahead, whichever way you look at it!

Kelvin

8 points out of those games
I do expect us to win the first 3 games against wigan, blackburn and blackpool, anything less would be complete joke, we are going to drop further down the table.:nono:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I am going to say that if we win the next 5 league games we will win the title.

Bold but I really think our chances are better this season than last.