Winners and losers

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What inspired me to make this thread was Bruno going at Lindelof for the second goal.

Now, we are in an awkward position where half the starting 11 are winners by desire and mentality and the other half are always going to the guys that come second.

Are we able to develop a winning mentality throughout the squad, by consistently coming close, or will time run out for half these players?

Whats the solution to developing a squad with a strong mentality? Is it really as simple as signing some players?

Godfather

I think Bruno is probably the only one who knows what winning takes. Most others are bottle jobs.

Web of Bissaka

To have strong mentality, you need to have high standards.

Bruno is demanding it. Lindelof refuse to acknowledge his mistakes/weaknesses, etc. In fact, a lot of our players are way too nice with each other. A nice friendly environment is lowering the standards, you won't get nor foster a strong mentality in that kind of chilling/relaxing environment.

Ego always gets in the way. Assume responsibility.

You need someone to be "dickish" at times especially when the players are taking it easy and bottle it up... like usual we have many players that are like that in the current team. Our coaches are also too nice to the players, in fact Ole is the only one that can be harsh.

Sometimes players need the harsh brutal truth, and Bruno is the one guts enough to give it out. I'm sure he won't mind when other players dish him out if Bruno made mistakes.