With Antony signed what’s our front 3?

AndySmith1990

He simply won't get enough goals to get us a CL spot. He is not even close to the centre forwards we've had in the past and the sort we still need now
HE alone doesn't need to score enough to get us in the CL. The team needs to score enough. Team

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
HE alone doesn't need to score enough to get us in the CL. The team needs to score enough. Team
yes... but (a) we've seen we don't do that much any more and (2) the best teams still have that target man. I'd be surprised if Halaand doesn't score more than Martial, Rashord and our midfield combined this season

Glorio

He simply won't get enough goals to get us a CL spot. He is not even close to the centre forwards we've had in the past and the sort we still need now
Fair, but I was stating that in the current setup, he's the only decent option. I'd be over the moon if we got in a competent, and relatively injury free CF

Glorio

Ashley Young had him in his back pocket a few years ago
You mean Ashley Young slide tackled, missed the ball, got up and recovered to catch up to Salah and win the ball at the second try? Nah

Fullbacks have handled Salah well before, not arguing that, but we're talking specifically about the speed and acceleration Malacia showed here against him, which was frankly unbelievable.

Kopral Jono

I'm going against the grain here but for me it's Sancho, Ronaldo (if he ends up staying) and Antony. I don't trust Martial playing up top and Rashford is best cutting in from the left.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Ronaldo is going nowhere.

First choice will be Antony - Ronaldo - Sancho.

Rashford, Martial and Elanga first reserves.

Mayhem

Ronaldo won't start any meaningful games for us unless there's an injury crisis. Sancho / Martial / Antony / Rashford / Elanga / Garnacho will rotate front 3 I reckon.

Bwuk

If Ronaldo leaves

Sancho - Martial - Antony
Elanga - Rashford - Diallo​

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Just play whoever is in form, competition should bring the best out of all the attacking players and that’s what you want.

Lentwood

Does it make me a terrible person that I keep thinking how good would a front three of Antony, Sancho and a certain Bradford-born Academy graduate be?

Martial, Rashford and Elanga as the backup three

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We play twice a week every week until the slave masters world cup. There is no settled anything and the manager will have to rotate every game.

CG1010

How is Antony in terms of pressing and harrassing defenders when they have the ball? Rashford and Sancho are terrible at it and so is the current Ronaldo. We can't have more than 1-2 lazy guys in our front 4 and I think that would be a key factor as most of our goals are creating by winning the ball in opposition half and quick transitions.

themanguydude

Doesn't matter if Ronaldo is going nowhere, he'll be a 3rd choice/80min sub anyway

First choice is Sancho/Martial/Antony

EtH

Perhaps.

But I've also seen Martial over the same period. I'm not pretending Rashford has been great but Martial seem far more unreliable.
Martial‘s fitness holds him back. But when a manager trusts him and he manages a run of matches he can be very good. He is also the only CF we have at the moment.

Whereas Rashford goes from gash to downright embarrassment when played through the middle. His workrate is also worse than Martial’s these days somehow.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I hate to say this but although Sancho, Martial, Antony is the only one that makes sense, I have a horrible feeling that we're going to try to shoehorn Rashford into any lineup as EtH seems to not notice that he's completely useless.

Depressingly I suspect we'll see Sancho, Rashford, Antony mostly and even Elanga, Rashford, Antony more than the obvious choice.
I would humbly disagree that Rash is useless. He was outstanding against Loserpool he ran more than I've seen him before against So'ton. I think he will be better than Elanga. You know that Martial is a tad injury prone at the moment. We are going to need all of them this season. I still think we would be better off without Ronaldo as we tend to be quicker without him, Bruno plays better without him. Anthony will probably take a while to bed in. I'd still like to see Garnacho get some game time. But the squad is growing. Couple more additions and we will be back , at least top 4

Jacob

LW: Sancho
RW: Antony
ST: Aubameyang

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think Sancho could be the odd one out. Technically he shouldn't but the guy, not only is incapable of having two good games on the bounce, but his stamina levels are pretty awful.
Plus, if he finds form, Rashford's directness is a nice contrast to Antony and Martial.

RC89

The amount of people calling for Martial to have a starting spot shocks me. Apparently he now is the answer after all
Who are the real alternatives though? Rashford I'm sure will get games there but he's not clearly better than Martial ATM. Ronaldo doesn't look like an automatic pick either.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Who are the real alternatives though? Rashford I'm sure will get games there but he's not clearly better than Martial ATM. Ronaldo doesn't look like an automatic pick either.
No there isn’t a standout as others have said….but if that’s the case why aren’t we going full throttle for a CF which we don’t seem to be doing. If Martial is the best we’ve got then we’re well fecked.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think Sancho could be the odd one out. Technically he shouldn't but the guy, not only is incapable of having two good games on the bounce, but his stamina levels are pretty awful.
Plus, if he finds form, Rashford's directness is a nice contrast to Antony and Martial.
Sancho stamina is not a problem if we have 5 subs. He will be needed when the game is tight, and we are operating in congested areas.

"if he finds form" statement about Rashford - I don't even know what this means anymore. Rashford will have his uses but he needs to be dropped now. We have better options in any position he plays.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
He's played 44 minutes under Ten Hag. Must've been a hell of a 44 minutes!

I'd rather have a 6/10 on the pitch than a 8/10 in the physio room personally.
Wait, has Martial only played 44 minutes under Ten Hag?

Why is everyone raving about him suddenly? I thought he must've had a superb pre-season judging by the love? (I didn't watch so I don't know).

EtH

Wait, has Martial only played 44 minutes under Ten Hag?

Why is everyone raving about him suddenly? I thought he must've had a superb pre-season judging by the love? (I didn't watch so I don't know).
Superb doesn’t even cover it, mate.

It was sublime.