With Jose still in charge - I am NOT looking forward to next season

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Do people trust him with the vast amount of money we're inevitably going to spend in the summer? I'm not sure i do. Going to be another huge turnover and i'm not 100% sure he's going to nail it. Many player need to go, and a few need to come in. I'm not sure whether he's going to identify the right personnel.

Last edited:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
As much as I am already sick of Mourinho, I dread to think who we'd end up with after he goes. Because I don't trust this club to make the right decision. Because they've already proven they have absolutely no clue what they want. No strategy, no forward thinking. Just throwing random names as managers, signing random players for the sake of it.

Like him or hate him, dinosaur or whatnot, at least Mourinho knows what he wants and can build a competent, maybe not exciting but competent team. He's the safest bet the Glazers have.

Another manager? Do you trust those people to find the right man? They'll probably give it to Giggsy next and after that to god knows who.

RedStarUnited

Incoherent nonsense, if you are going to create a thread don't make it a muddled mess. Take your moan in to a post match thread or Jose one. This place is as tedious as our performance today.
Thank you for your contribution.

Saf94

I love it. Fellaini literally started 3 games this season in the league. 3 freaking games and people go absolutely crazy over him like all we do is hoofball to him every single game.

Boggles the mind how a guy can start 3 games a season yet be so hated by a fan base. Why the hell shouldn’t Mou want to keep a guy who’s willing to only start 3 games yet is able to come off the bench and win us games against teams like Arsenal.

This use of Fellaini as a stick to beat Mourinho with is beyond moronic. A manager get stick for having no plan b, manager get stick for having a plan b. You just can’t win

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Give You the world's best XI and he could play worse than we are doing now.

I can name two coaches who would give us the champions league with this team without any sweat: Poch and Simeone. Admitted, we do have players who are not up to standard but who says you need the best players to achieve results? It doesn't get better than Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Pogba and Bailly
You dreaming?

Miscemayl

"I give you 2 coaches who could win the CL without any sweat"

*Names two coaches who have never won the CL*

Checks out.
:lol::lol::lol:

I know there's a lot of frustration at losing the final but I thought we dominated the game but without much luck.

Sanchez's marginal offside, Pogba's free header, and other days they could've been goals. We lost the game to a moment of magic (or a brain fart depending on how full is your glass) but apart from that, De Gea was hardly involved in the game (apart from the near post block off Hazard).

I am very disappointed but not going to knee jerk or join the Mourinho out bandwagon yet.

wolvored

Im not a mourinho fan, but you have to give him another year and another transfer window to see who we bring in and move out. The club needs a complete overhaul of players leaving and a blend of new blood coming in, along with the best players from the youth being brought into the squad. We wont improve if we keep the likes of Young (who has had a decent season but is not to the standard required), sicknote Jones Smalling Rojo Blind Darmian and Valencia. Mata Herrera Fellaini. Sanchez (a big disappointment for the money he is on) Lukaku (not a top striker) and I feel one of Martial or Rashford need to move on. Mourinho wont give both of them the time. Obviously we cant let the lot go in one swoop, but must be moved on over the next couple of years. We need this summer a proper RB and LB, dynamic CM, proper RW or a fast skillful left footed forward for the RW, as a bare minimum. Another top CD would also be an advantage. We wont improve on this season. In fact we may be in a struggle for top 4, with maybe Chelsea and Arsenal under new management. A Spurs side wanting to impress in their new ground and a possible European champions Liverpool team vieing for top 4.

Laurentiu amt

I'm no Jose fan, actually I hate the football we play and most of it it's down to him, but down to him not trusting his players.

But c'mon, let's think it out a bit. We started the game with:
-> 32year old Ashley young, the most predictable fullback(and not even a fullback) ever
-> Tony - While I admire the guy, he's past it for about 3 seasons now
-> Jones + Smalling - If I'd comment something here I would get instabanned. What I can honestly say is : We're going to win shite if we start games, not finals, feking games with these two absolutely bang average players.
-> Rash - Dunno what's happening with him, but since Christmas he's been absolutely horrific
-> Lingz - He's alright but the team is not set up to his strengths

There are a few issues with the above:
-> Ander needing to go so deep in the back line because our CB's can't hit a 20 yard forward pass
-> Andrer coming down makes our midfield weak and then Rash needs to tighten it up and also Paul to come down
-> Paul comes down -> Ashley doesn't go forward
-> Same with Alexis.
I could go on for days with these examples. What I'm trying to say is that we need quite a big number of players to challenge next season.

emdee04

Absolute nonsense.
Do I expect you to understand my point? Feck no. Go on, dream and hope for a better next season.

Make sure to spend all the money in the world buying players all over again while at it and still blame the players next season for not fighting enough

The Real Treble 99

I’m willing to give Jose 1 more season. I really do think it’s the players as well who have to take the blame for the crap football they put on show. The reality is we just don’t have any quality in the team bar a few players. There are no killer instinct players who can turn it around in a flash or have ruthless finishing like RVN or RVP & I could go on & on. You cannot say it’s all Jose but we did have Chelsea pinned in the 2nd half yet we couldn’t create that much to hurt them. Our build up play is way too slow & thinking is to static giving enough time for the oppo to regroup. A lot of deadwood in this squad & personally we are least 4 players short of having a good team who can cause problems week in week out. Otherwise if next season is a failure then we need to go back to our roots & employ ex United staff like Giggs Scholes or meulensteen etc who know the nature of the club & can put it in play on the pitch. The reason Lfc stayed successful to a point from Shankly onwards was because they never changed their ways regardless of who bacame the manager & we seriously need to be going down that route if we to have another dreadful season like this one.

AshRK

I'm no Jose fan, actually I hate the football we play and most of it it's down to him, but down to him not trusting his players.

-> 32year old Ashley young, the most predictable fullback(and not even a fullback) ever
-> Jones + Smalling - If I'd comment something here I would get instabanned. What I can honestly say is : We're going to win shite if we start games, not finals, feking games with these two absolutely bang average players.
-> Rash - Dunno what's happening with him, but since Christmas he's been absolutely horrific

-> Ander needing to go so deep in the back line because our CB's can't hit a 20 yard forward pass
-> Andrer coming down makes our midfield weak and then Rash needs to tighten it up and also Paul to come down
-> Same with Alexis.
I could go on for days with these examples. What I'm trying to say is that we need quite a big number of players to challenge next season.
But who is forcing jose to play jones and smalling. Why cannot he trust bailly more. After 2 seasons and 4 transfer windows he still thinks jones and smalling are his best defenders. I cannot excuse jose for playing that defensive lineup. It's totally on him

Fer

For me is a lot of our problems begin with Jose and as long as he is staying, I dont see how we will improve. I cant even get excited for new signings because I feel they wont change enough to get us to the level we need to be at.

If I had to choose two players situations that express how I feel about us next season it would be Martial and Fellaini. Fellaini is holding us to ransom over a contract. The same Fellaini who will be 31 next season. The same one who probably represents everything I hate about this current teams way of playing football. This is the guy we are trying to beg to stay? Why?

Martial will probably leave. For half a season he did everything in his power to win back Joses trust and his position in the team. He then goes and loses that position to a new signing who was probably unnecessary, and this happen at his best moment in the season. Martial is the most exciting player we have left at the club, and yet Jose simingly doesnt care.
Agree with your point but... who would you get as our new manager?

el3mel

But who is forcing jose to play jones and smalling. Why cannot he trust bailly more. After 2 seasons and 4 transfer windows he still thinks jones and smalling are his best defenders. I cannot excuse jose for playing that defensive lineup. It's totally on him
Agree. If Mourinho isn't ruthless enough and start building a proper team, if he's happy with this mediocrity playing main role then he should follow them outside the club as well. The next transfer window is crucial. It's up to him (and Ed) if they want to succeed or not.

I'm struggling to find anyone in the current team that I can say I actually love him. This is the first United side for years that I'm getting a bit irrelevant about its players.

Agree. If Mourinho isn't ruthless enough and start building a proper team, if he's happy with this mediocrity playing main role then he should follow them outside the club as well. The next transfer window is crucial. It's up to him (and Ed) if they want to succeed or not.

I'm struggling to find anyone in the current team that I can say I actually love him. This is the first United side for years that I'm getting a bit irrelevant about its players.
Agree, there are no heroes in this team; it's all so bland. We need some character and some spark of inspiration.

steffyr2

jose shit the bed today
Funny thing is that posters yesterday were sniffing about how winning the FA Cup didn't mean anything. Not you specifically, but jeez people do like to moan.
Hopefully Mourinho will go shop for a few players who can step up in big games, we could use a few more of those.

Suv666

Unfortunately it seems like Mou is past it. The football is dire, man management is non existent and the Fellaini fiasco looks like Mou sorting out excuses for the upcoming season.
Hope he can prove me wrong next season, because tbf he does have a lot of mediocre players and should be given another window to sort out this mess. I know that sounds contradictory but sacking him would do more harm than good imo. A new manager coming in would probably rip up the squad and start from scratch and we can't do that every other year. So I don't have any big hopes for next season and certainly not exicted about it but I'm willing to continue watching souless football for the sake of stability.

Seven Seas Sardines

We'll have a chance at a domestic cup again, but league and CL will likely prove to be beyond us. In answer to your second question, the answer is "nothing" - the best managers are all in jobs.
:nono:

I'd happily take either Sarri or Jardim, not like Napoli and Monaco would have much say in matters.

dove

Next season will be interesting, you should be looking forward to it. There are only 2 scenarios - Jose will sort out the mess with a good transfer window and we finally look like a football team OR it's gonna be a meltdown. Either way it should be interesting :lol:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Many were saying the same thing about Fergie in 1988,1989 and 1990.
Yes. These idiots would have hounded him out after 2 seasons. We were a complete mess when Jose arrived. It takes time to build a squad.

Ashley R1+O

*shrug*

Why watch then? Why even support, just wait it out if you can't handle it.

extincti fugax hominum

I want to get excited about next season but Jose is trying his best to make it impossible. Transfer rumours like Talisca, Willian etc. and seemingly letting Martial to go away happily while begging Fellaini to stay don't help either. We are playing the catch-up with City in terms of squad quality for years now but it looks like we are still after players who are not top quality.

Last year was the same. Jose did everything to get Perisic who is no more than a big fish in a small pond and luckily for us, Inter were greedy enough to prevent that horrible transfer. I know Emenalo or whatever that guy is called was heavily responsible for the disaster of a transfer window in the Summer of 2015 for Chelsea (Pedro, Rahman Baba, Hector, Kenedy, Djilobodji and a finished Falcao :houllier:) but it looks like Jose has a bizarre obsession with average players recently. To show how he can win without top quality maybe? If so he is deluding himself because we are not beating City to the title with the likes of Talisca, Fellaini etc. Feels like i will be in for a request for a name change soon. I hope the board or Woodward blocks any transfer involving Martial out this club.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
For me is a lot of our problems begin with Jose and as long as he is staying, I dont see how we will improve. I cant even get excited for new signings because I feel they wont change enough to get us to the level we need to be at.

If I had to choose two players situations that express how I feel about us next season it would be Martial and Fellaini. Fellaini is holding us to ransom over a contract. The same Fellaini who will be 31 next season. The same one who probably represents everything I hate about this current teams way of playing football. This is the guy we are trying to beg to stay? Why?

Martial will probably leave. For half a season he did everything in his power to win back Joses trust and his position in the team. He then goes and loses that position to a new signing who was probably unnecessary, and this happen at his best moment in the season. Martial is the most exciting player we have left at the club, and yet Jose simingly doesnt care.
Sorry but a lot of our problems began when Sir Alex was no longer the manager. The rest of your post are understandable if you look at them from the fans' perspective but the bolded part is not true at all.

T A

I need two more months of the next season to evaluate United's chance. If by that time Lingard, Fellaini and Smalling still exist in starting XI then Jose is officially done, we should move on from him asap

An Irish Red

We have to be patient and trust that this extremely successful manager we have will get us back challenging and playing attacking football given better players instead of making do with a lot of very average ones, to get us 2nd place in the league is nothing short of incredible given the dross in the squad he has had to work with.
If he'd shown signs of being ruthless with the dross that would be one thing but he hasn't; Rashford and Lingard are both prominent and he's constantly bigging up Fellaini and McTominay.

There's nothing to suggest that he's the right man to get us a top squad considering how he favours these limited players.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
The football is so dire even Lukaku doesn't wanna play for us.

Also he can't even convince his favourite son Fellaini to sign a new contract.

For me he lost the dressing room so for that reason he should be sacked.

An Irish Red

The football is so dire even Lukaku doesn't wanna play for us.

Also he can't even convince his favourite son Fellaini to sign a new contract.

For me he lost the dressing room so for that reason he should be sacked.
He always built up 'cult like' support at other clubs but he hasn't here.

I'd guess that McTominay is the only player who'd be sad to see him leave. And that's mainly because he'd be straight out the door under anyone else.

dar10nian

Fletchers biggest fan

-> Same with Alexis.
Great analysis. We really need proper full backs and sort out of attacking play. It’s all short passes with no penetration and usually ends up with Alexis losing the ball. Our front 4 look solid on paper but can’t gel together and we couldn’t even get a shot on goal in the first half. I dunno if it’s true about there being no attacking coach but the team is woefully smaller than the sum of its parts.

meamth

Redcafe is so divided these days I didn't visit here so often.

I'm sick of this.

Footyislife

I've been saying it since the last 3 months. Mourinho is our biggest weakness. Regardless of our ups and downs, it's clear that we haven't been able to score goals consistently for 2 years. With the talent we have, that is just sad. Arguably we have a squad just as talented as City does.

The difference is that while Pep has filled his players with confidence and made them collectively look great, Mourinho has alienated his best players, broken their desire/confidence, and no matter who we sign, put them in situations where they'e are merely a shell of themselves. While we've seen the likes of Lingard, Rashford, Scotty, Fellaini, and Young excel in stretches, it is obvious that the average of their total performances isn't up to par. Talent doesn't like, especially when your coach does nothing to put players in positions to succeed.

Legit think at this point if we signed Messi, he'd struggle under Mourinho's system. It's not a player issue, beyond the lack of confidence Mourinho has generated in some players, rather our spacing/positioning when the opposing team is holding its defensive shape. Our failure to win the ball back higher up by pressing and in turn making sure our attacking players are further up the pitch and can capitilzie on 1v1 situations rather than starting in our own half as auxillary FBs and then running the whole pitch only to face a 1v2.

If he hires an attacking assistant coach and shakes up everything for next season, I'm okay giving him a chance, even at the risk of harming our long term future with the likes of Shaw/Martial/Pogba being potentially moved. But if he's not doing that, which I believe will be the case, he should be fired.

Sb_16

Boring boring Man Utd. Never thought it would be possible but here we are.
However, as long as the outcome is the only priority, he'll be here.

R o o K

Are people actually looking forward to another year of this shit? Seriously?

I actually look forward to next year with Jose as our manager. And at the moment he has a contract until 2021. Unless he royally fecks up next season, I don't really see him going anywhere. So buckle up.

And I am hopping Martial and a few deadwood leave soon enough, including Rashford, and Jose gets to spend some real money for some real players.

Miscemayl

-> Same with Alexis.
Good post, he's making progress in improving the squad but you can't replace the entire squad in 2 windows. We can say we earn a lot of money but we have no where need the finance needed to replace the squad that quickly.

You don't love David? How?

Redcafe is so divided these days I didn't visit here so often.

I'm sick of this.
Agreed!