With Jose still in charge - I am NOT looking forward to next season

Fully Fledged

Last season — both team qualified for CL but one got two trophies the other got none — the one with two trophies did better.

This season — neither won any trophies, but one finished higher than the other — the one that finished higher did better.

How can’t you see that?
I'm saying if last season we were better than Spurs then we were better last season than we are this year.

How can you not see that is what I am saying?

I'm not saying that Spurs are better than us this year. I'm just that we are not better because 2 trophies and CL tops finishing second with no trophies. .

Drz

Just so we are crystal clear, are you suggesting we murder Jose on sight? In the event that this actually takes place, I wish it known to the relevant authorities that I am in no way, shape or form party to this deal.
What? not even a gentle eye-poke to spice things up? I'm sure we can get LvG to claim it was just a little sex-masochism...

Guapa

I say let him have one more season then time to cut our loses.

I just don't think he's the right manager for us.

Neilwij

For me the sevilla tie was what really did me in. Id been defending Mourinho up until that point when he started a team with no pace and feillaini in the midfield. Then i proceeded to see one of the worst european performances by us in many year where the fantastic gameplan was to punt the ball up to fellaini so he could knock it down to create chances. C'mon! we're Man Utd we shouldnt be resorting to that shite!
Right then it dawned on me that Mourinho isnt the man to get us to where we need to be.

And the less said about the infamous "erritige" press conference the better.

Even better is the likes of Martial and Shaw are going whilst we sign a bunch of players in their late 20s to early 30s but why should i be surprised since Jose isnt really a man to look to the future he'll spend a ton of money on instant success then leave us for another club once the time is right. (or have the 3rd season meltdown)

Looking at us i just dont see what we have to look forward to with this man in charge. Publicly slating players, taking no responsibilty and blaming players every chance he gets, playing some truly atrocious football. I just cant see him doing it.

The bad thing is Ed Woodward and the board are happy with this! Yes we are in the Champions league and yes we are making a lot of money but that wont continue if we are playing the absolute dross we are playing now.

I just feel so down about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

soccerMad

The coming season will be the judgment season for Jose.

He might not even last the whole season. He do not need to win the PL as well.

If he is is good, then he stay else we start again with somebody new. It's a tough world. Cruel but necessary.

Tony247

PL has now become 6 teams contesting top spot. Very tough for any manager. So be patient. Otherwise we will become AC Milan.

I see these 3 years of jose as project rebuilding the foundation and not project win PL. We definitely need a new manager but not this year.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
PL has now become 6 teams contesting top spot. Very tough for any manager. So be patient. Otherwise we will become AC Milan.

I see these 3 years of jose as project rebuilding the foundation and not project win PL. We definitely need a new manager but not this year.
You don’t appoint Mourinho to build, you appoint him to win championships. His bullshit gets tolerated when he’s wining league titles or Champions leagues, but when he’s not it just becomes tiresome.

FujiVice

I know its only pre-season, but my God we're fecking dull under this bloke.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
As a Mourinho doubter myself, judging him on this preseason is absolutely mental imo given that it’s not even our team out there.

We’ll have a good indication by November/December.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
When our keeper has the ball, he has no one to pass to. When our CBs (all 3 of em) have the ball, they have no one to pass to.

When either have no one to pass to, they hoof it the shortest front duo in history. Who are 30 yards from the nearest midfielder.

Our football is pathetic. I've never heard of half this Liverpool team and they're waltzing through us.

No other major football club lacks any footballing identity. We have nothing, short of buy enough talent to hope out of sheer chance we create a moment of magic.

I'll say it: LVG with this squad would play better football.

Fosu-Mens

The coming season will be the judgment season for Jose.

He might not even last the whole season. He do not need to win the PL as well.

If he is is good, then he stay else we start again with somebody new. It's a tough world. Cruel but necessary.
If we come top 4 and progress from the CL-groupstage, he will not get fired. Unless there is major pressure from the fans to sack him.
Woody and Glazers are fully dependent on CL to earn some $$$.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
As a Mourinho doubter myself, judging him on this preseason is absolutely mental imo given that it’s not even our team out there.

We’ll have a good indication by November/December.
We have a good indication after watching him the last two years. He’s a cnut. Plain and simple.

BluesJr

We have a good indication after watching him the last two years. He’s a cnut. Plain and simple.
I have severe doubts he’s got it in him to be better than last year, but he can only be judged when he’s got his actual team out there.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think it's gonna be a terrible season. Just a feeling. I had a similar feeling before the Moyes season.

I just cannot see us making a title challenge. Right now, I'd say City, Chelsea, Liverpool & Tottenham all look stronger than us. If you offered me top 4 with a Jose resignation at the end right now I would take it. I fear a season similar to Chelsea 15/16.

PoTMS

Can't wait for him to leave. This has been a long time coming so I don't think it can be called knee jerk. I look around though and think who can replace him. I only want him gone if we have a clear idea of who will replace him and his replacement should have a clear vision for United going forward otherwise we're back to square one and might as well stick with Mou. What I don't get is why we renewed his contract last season for feck all reason.

Mister_Stubbs

This pre season is only a sign of things to come. This guy has lost it, we need to get rid of him before it’s to late!

OldSchoolManc

My god! The meltdowns!
Are any of you actually serious?
Probably got Liverpool winning the title in July, which is a new record.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
who cares it's a friendly or not, we plaky against Liverpool, we shouldnt be battered like this and if we set up with Darmian in 3-5-2 with two of the smallest palyers on the pitch with a plan to lump the ball at them then something is wrong

cyberman

I remember beating Barca in pre season under LVG so who really gives a shit?
If you're using this game to pile on then maybe you need to get out more.

Fosu-Mens

I have severe doubts he’s got it in him to be better than last year, but he can only be judged when he’s got his actual team out there.
Will still play the same type of "football" with a full team available.
If JM was planning a change in the way we play this season hopefully this is something we would be testing during the matches in the preseason.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
We are the shits.

Even though it's pre season you know for sure our football will be dire, in fact if we had Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar under Mourinho he would turn them into Carton Palmer.

Minimalist

Bit silly to worry because of this match and pre-season in terms of results.

I don't expect our football to be any better though (than last season).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Still in fairness preseason is not over and we will look miles better with our full team
He needs to take the shackles off the team though

lysglimt

Scout
Jesus get a grip
I am so sick and tired of his dull football. I know its pre-season - but what is the point of playing pre-season games when the players aren't even trying ? Do you think they learn anything from not running, from not being able to put pressure on Liverpool ? Do you think they will be any more ready for the Leicester game after this performance ?

I just want him gone….for the first time … possibly ever, I am not looking forward to the start of a season.

AndyJ1985

People will say it's only preseason. But the fact is the shite football we are witnessing here is the same shite football we were having to endure last season, the difference being we had better quality players who could nick a goal here and there. But ultimately the style of football we play is the same abysmal shower of shite regardless of whose names are on the team sheet.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
who cares it's a friendly or not, we plaky against Liverpool, we shouldnt be battered like this and if we set up with Darmian in 3-5-2 with two of the smallest palyers on the pitch with a plan to lump the ball at them then something is wrong
Exactly this. It's not hard to understand, we're not simpletons. I'm well away it's preseason, but you can still point out the 'style' of football is just as bad as the last 3 months of our actual season.

Statistically, we fluked 2nd last season given chances created/coneded. Can Jose do it again, despite basically getting worse as the season went on? The logical answer is no.

BluesJr

Will still play the same type of "football" with a full team available.
If JM was planning a change in the way we play this season hopefully this is something we would be testing during the matches in the preseason.
Players make all the difference. There’s a lot I don’t like about Mourinho including his tactics and lack of development with this team, but at the end of the day if our players had been competent in the right moments last year we would have been pretty close to City during an absolute freak season.

This is the year where it’ll either go well or fail in dramatic fashion. We’ll have an indication by Christmas.

SteveW

We just never play any football. Half the time we don't even try. Friendly or not it's not good enough. City are missing half their squad and playing beautiful stuff. Because their manage believes in playing positive football. We just continue to look like am mess

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It’s our fecking C team out there lads. Get a grip. It’s shit that it’s a poor result, but we prob had 3 involved who will start against Leicester and a different bench on top of that.

James Peril

I think it's gonna be a terrible season. Just a feeling. I had a similar feeling before the Moyes season.

I just cannot see us making a title challenge. Right now, I'd say City, Chelsea, Liverpool & Tottenham all look stronger than us. If you offered me top 4 with a Jose resignation at the end right now I would take it. I fear a season similar to Chelsea 15/16.
Ok ok ok, let’s get into this. Spurs finished behind us last season, were behind us from day 1 and we beat them at their ground in the FA Cup semis.
They haven’t bought a single new player - still they look stronger than us!?! Based on what exactly? A friendly in the US with basically all of our players missing?