Wolves fan arrested for racially abusing Rio Ferdinand

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
First time back in the ground, racially abuse someone. The mindset...Sadly it's not even a surprise

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Those poor cnuts just had their racism all bottled up for over 400 days with no one to abuse at stadiums. They edged long enough.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Racism in football is the worst it's been in decades, all these anti-rasiscm movements seem to be bringing more and more of these 'people' out unfortunately

Gazautd18

What a genius.
Waits all season to come to a game and racially abuse a former Utd player.
Gets arrested.
This sums up the mentality of these people.

Racism in football is the worst it's been in decades, all these anti-rasiscm movements seem to be bringing more and more of these 'people' out unfortunately
Anti-racism movements aren't causing more racism.

Since 2010 the UK has been shifting further and further towards dangerous right wing politics.

11 years of austerity and politicians pitting poor people against each other. Then Brexit, the right wing revolution that's based on anti-immigration sentiment that has given racists a green light.

Red_toad

It really isn't, it's just being more highlighted now. 1 person can racially abuse hundreds of people per day now on social media, creating various accounts etc. Seems to be a game now to post a monkey emoji on a players twitter account for some sad individuals.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Between that and the booing during the kneel, not a good look for wolves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It really isn't, it's just being more highlighted now. 1 person can racially abuse hundreds of people per day now on social media, creating various accounts etc. Seems to be a game now to post a monkey emoji on a players twitter account for some sad individuals.
yeah maybe

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Which match was it where the fans were just back and booed players taking a knee?

I’d honestly ban the whole crowd again til they learn. Then they’d self police themselves

Valley Blue

Supports
Manchester City
Fecking grim in this day and age, pleased the prick has been nicked...

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Not sure that's true. I think politics has emboldened some of the racist rhetoric, the internet and social media has given them a platform, while societal shifts and anti racism movements have drawn more attention to the offenders.

In a way it's a good thing. Not the racism obviously, but the fact that these idiots are outing themselves. We just need the authorities - police and football authorities* - to take the appropriate action.

Edit: and internet authorities.

Nick7

Which match was it where the fans were just back and booed players taking a knee?

I’d honestly ban the whole crowd again til they learn. Then they’d self police themselves
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester United today.

Nico87

Anyone who is racist is obviously a despicable moron.

I can at least comprehend that through anonymity of social media such scumbags have the confidence to air their disgusting views and target victims to cretinous abuse as they’re no repercussions, but on top of being completely ignorant how colossally stupid do you have to be also do it to a high profile athlete at a televised game. What was he hoping to achieve?. He’ll will probably (hopefull) now have a conviction on record which will potentially ruin his life for what pay off?

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
There's no place for hate in football. How can you support a game that unites the world then do shit like this ? People like this shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves football fans.

Cast5

What a fecking idiot, hope he enjoys losing his job and never watching wolves play live again, tool.

diarm

I was about to type a post about there being 18 months without football and then this is what was important to these cretins today, but then these are the sort of bottom feeders who boo a stance against racism and then make monkey chants. Whether they'd been at every game or no games is utterly irrelevant.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It certainly feels that way.

It's like those with their racist views are rebelling back against being told what to do.

Also football still has the culture of aggression, and it being "alright" to abuse others, with many dressing it up as "banter".
So not surprising some think it's alright to shout their form of abuse.

A fan at my club was so used to standing in a gang on the terrace abusing people (not racist, but still abusive behaviour) from a distance that he tried it after a game down the street to a player going about his business.
Got a headbutt, and I struggle to find anything bar satisfaction from that outcome.

lysglimt

Scout
ONe thing is to be a racist moron - but why direct it at Rio ?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It certainly feels that way.

It's like those with their racist views are rebelling back against being told what to do.

Also football still has the culture of aggression, and it being "alright" to abuse others, with many dressing it up as "banter".
So not surprising some think it's alright to shout their form of abuse.
It could be a backlash against the so-called "woke" culture, right wing rags have whipping up a storm about the "woke" boogeyman.

I think it's only the far-right who are using the term "woke" these days.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It could be a backlash against the so-called "woke" culture, right wing rags have whipping up a storm about the "woke" boogeyman.

I think it's only the far-right who are using the term "woke" these days.
I hate all the over sensitive stuff, the trying to change history, the having to change names of food and all this stuff, but life is a simple game.
Don't abuse anyone.

Then you can't go wrong really.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Something something right-wing, something something Trump. If only we had more Bidens..ohh wait.

Can we please keep that rubbish to the politics thread?

Rio is a great guy, the moron who abused him will pay the price surely and rightly so.