Women's team budget 22/23 report | costs up and revenue up

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
In a way, it's the headline figures that are the most interesting. I say that because so much of our income comes from "commercial" - basically the women's team share of sponsorship deals. We get to decide that share and basically decide the budget and the profit. I'm just assuming our definition of women's team expenses is consistent across the seasons.

In terms of total expenses - the spend went from £4.5m in 21/22 to £6.8m in 22/23.

Staff numbers grew from 37 to 44. Employee budget (wages and related costs) grew from £2.3m to £3.4m.

Funding it - there's growth from all sources. You can see a jump in matchday revenue. Part of that is down to the COVID hangover affecting crowds at LSV in 21/22, but also part due to the boost we got followong the Euros and part due to our games at OT (I'm not sure how that's handled in terms of expenses). Broadcast revenue growth is essentially the Sky deal kicking in.

Demon Barber

In a way, it's the headline figures that are the most interesting. I say that because so much of our income comes from "commercial" - basically the women's team share of sponsorship deals. We get to decide that share and basically decide the budget and the profit. I'm just assuming our definition of women's team expenses is consistent across the seasons.

In terms of total expenses - the spend went from £4.5m in 21/22 to £6.8m in 22/23.

Staff numbers grew from 37 to 44. Employee budget (wages and related costs) grew from £2.3m to £3.4m.

Funding it - there's growth from all sources. You can see a jump in matchday revenue. Part of that is down to the COVID hangover affecting crowds at LSV in 21/22, but also part due to the boost we got followong the Euros and part due to our games at OT (I'm not sure how that's handled in terms of expenses). Broadcast revenue growth is essentially the Sky deal kicking in.
Thanks for that. Looking at the numbers just goes to show how little money there is, despite the growth. I know the OT crowds have been impressive, but infrequent. The LSV attendances are low (I accept that there are others, like me, who have had tickets but for various reasons have not been able to attend)

It would be interesting to see the figures for Chelsea etc.