Work rate and attitude

Eternitiy

No work rate and a bad attitude. Throw his toys out of the pram when he lost the no9 shirt to Zlatan, and he has done it again since the Cavani signing.
Awful mentality. He also sulked when France dropped him for the World Cup.

Compare that to someone like Shaw who has risen to the challenge of criticism and competition by not only hard work, but keeping his head down and improving aspects of his game.

Martial has made little to no progress since we signed him in 2015. Pair that with his lack of effort and frail mentality - it's time to go!

RUCK4444

We still need to get rid of a couple of bad apples before we are there work rate wise.
:mad: It’s a disgrace. Ole should feckin rag doll him for this display. This is nothing new with Martial.

I’d rather play with 10 men than have a weak lazy Cnut who doesn’t feel enough passion for the shirt to run and give their all for it.

It gets me raging mad. The team have worked their guts out to get to top of the league and have carried him whilst he’s been feckin woeful during that time - and he can’t feckin run when he’s lost the ball?! Disgrace.

Not to mention his lack of running off the ball.

I made more movement in my living room tonight than Martial made in that game.
Feckin get rid.

Irwin99

I didn't see the game against Sheffield United so I can't comment too much but the reaction of our players for their second goal looked like most of them were struggling to walk let alone run (to reiterate, I didn't see anything other than the highlights so I could be wrong).

Other than maybe Martial and until recently Pogba, I'm not sure work rate and attitude of the players under Ole have ever been much of a problem. High intensity games where we come from behind to win and accumulated fatigue seem much more of a potential issue.

SAFMUTD

We still need to get rid of a couple of bad apples before we are there work rate wise.
Feck Martial freaking lazy piece of shit. Bruno didnt have a good game by any standard but you can see the desire and effort, same with Cavani running all over and on the other hand we have this lazy piece of shit in the team who also happens to be in one of the worst forms of his career. He should be the one running the most. Its over for me with Martial, feck him get rid no more support from me to that lazy fecker.

croadyman

I didn't see the game against Sheffield United so I can't comment too much but the reaction of our players for their second goal looked like most of them were struggling to walk let alone run (to reiterate, I didn't see anything other than the highlights so I could be wrong).

Other than maybe Martial and until recently Pogba, I'm not sure work rate and attitude of the players under Ole have ever been much of a problem. High intensity games where we come from behind to win and accumulated fatigue seem much more of a potential issue.
Well in that case maybe we need to stop putting ourselves in a position where we have to produce a high intensity performance in order to keep coming from behind to win games, another thing that I haven't seen mentioned much is we haven't done that once at home in the league so that made me feel differently to the away form. Quite frankly there is never any excuse for not having the right attitude or showing the required workrate and the lack of it from most players last night was frankly disgraceful

Irwin99

Well in that case maybe we need to stop putting ourselves in a position where we have to produce a high intensity performance in order to keep coming from behind to win games, another thing that I haven't seen mentioned much is we haven't done that once at home in the league so that made me feel differently to the away form. Quite frankly there is never any excuse for not having the right attitude or showing the required workrate and the lack of it from most players last night was frankly disgraceful
I feel that people are labeled 'Ole out' or ultra negative if they mention this but our entire team is built for high intensity performances that will inevitably lead to burn out because that's all we know we know how to play. It's an unpopular opinion but the technical quality of the team always seems pretty low to me which would imply that this comes from a coaching issue. Ole has done some fantastic work and It's probably the last piece of the jigsaw in getting this club back to where it should be but I still have my doubts that for all the good he's done, that Ole is the man to do it.

Heck, even in the Leeds game where we slaughtered them we weren't exactly making them chase shadows by keeping the ball and having it do all the work, consequently both sides were going hell for leather until the final whistle.

I hope i'm wrong but there have been two periods under Ole where I've thought these players look absolutely gassed. I hope it doesn't happen again but with the amount of games being played at the moment and the lack of a real pre-season means I am a bit worried about burnout (and we're only just at halfway in the season)

croadyman

I feel that people are labeled 'Ole out' or ultra negative if they mention this but our entire team is built for high intensity performances that will inevitably lead to burn out because that's all we know we know how to play. It's an unpopular opinion but the technical quality of the team always seems pretty low to me which would imply that this comes from a coaching issue. Ole has done some fantastic work and It's probably the last piece of the jigsaw in getting this club back to where it should be but I still have my doubts that for all the good he's done, that Ole is the man to do it.

Heck, even in the Leeds game where we slaughtered them we weren't exactly making them chase shadows by keeping the ball and having it do all the work, consequently both sides were going hell for leather until the final whistle.

I hope i'm wrong but there have been two periods under Ole where I've thought these players look absolutely gassed. I hope it doesn't happen again but with the amount of games being played at the moment and the lack of a real pre-season means I am a bit worried about burnout (and we're only just at halfway in the season)
Yeah there is definitely not enough technical ability in this team but as for last piece of the jigsaw we still are missing four main pieces which are CB (LEADER), CDM, RW & ST before we can even talk about a cohesive team. That is not even including a backup RB (attacking) and ideally some LW cover too but those pieces are not so essential as the first four.

Bwuk

I don’t think our front 3 work hard enough. I don’t think they make enough runs in behind, and I don’t think they press well either. How often do they win the ball back?

Everyone has bad games. It happens. You can excuse that. You can’t excuse being lazy and not working hard. Ferguson would of had half this squad out the door.

Rashford and Martial don’t work hard enough. Cavani has come in at 33 and shown what they should be doing.

Mainoldo

So you wanted our striker to run from attack all the way back to where Bruno ended up?

I take it you never played football. Well a proper game anyway.

Mainoldo

Feck Martial freaking lazy piece of shit. Bruno didnt have a good game by any standard but you can see the desire and effort, same with Cavani running all over and on the other hand we have this lazy piece of shit in the team who also happens to be in one of the worst forms of his career. He should be the one running the most. Its over for me with Martial, feck him get rid no more support from me to that lazy fecker.
Not feeling this post at all. Very suspect!!!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So you wanted our striker to run from attack all the way back to where Bruno ended up?

I take it you never played football. Well a proper game anyway.

I'm glad I haven't played your nonsensical version of football where this positioning is of a 'striker'.

croadyman

Not feeling this post at all. Very suspect!!!
Maybe not phrased in the best way but would sell him in the summer if we could find a buyer, sorry to say but he doesn't work hard enough at all and needs to realise there is consequences for such a lack of effort. That is also why I would drop him from the squad and promote Diallo on Saturday then he would know Ole means business.

Mainoldo

I'm glad I haven't played your nonsensical version of football where this positioning is of a 'striker'.
It’s not 5 a side where was he supposed to be going? Show me where Kane makes that run?

Mainoldo

Maybe not phrased in the best way but would sell him in the summer if we could find a buyer, sorry to say but he doesn't work hard enough at all and needs to realise there is consequences for such a lack of effort. That is also why I would drop him from the squad and promote Diallo on Saturday then he would know Ole means business.
I’ll kindly agree to disagree to be fair. He wasn’t a problem last season was he.

croadyman

I’ll kindly agree to disagree to be fair. He wasn’t a problem last season was he.
Yeah that is very true but even when he was scoring goals that lack of effort at times got right on my nerves then and now his output has totally dried up it makes him droppable surely

Mainoldo

Yeah that is very true but even when he was scoring goals that lack of effort at times got right on my nerves then and now his output has totally dried up it makes him droppable surely
He needs to be dropped he’s been awful. But at the same time.. they day we start playing good football is the day we stop worrying about workrate. There’s no style to believe in that’s what you get our forward line playing so lazy.

croadyman

He needs to be dropped he’s been awful. But at the same time.. they day we start playing good football is the day we stop worrying about workrate. There’s no style to believe in that’s what you get our forward line playing so lazy.
I also think he doesn't seem to cope with competition for his place either which really frustrates me too, he should be looking to show he's capable of playing with Eddy rather than being intimidated by him all the time

bsCallout

The contradictions on this forum.

So we are made for high intensity performances but we also are slow, lazy and half-arsed in our play with no intensity?

Irwin99

The contradictions on this forum.

So we are made for high intensity performances but we also are slow, lazy and half-arsed in our play with no intensity?
I didn't for one second say we were slow or lazy through any intention; I can't believe that you took that from my post :lol:

if you read my previous comments on this thread I said that something you can't fault under Ole is the players application and work ethic (exception possibly being Martial and until recently Pogba, maybe). With the games coming thick and fast the players are naturally going to look fecking knackered though. Every single team suffers from tiredness at some point but teams with better technique, possession and who kill games off can make the ball do a lot of work. There haven't been many games this season where I've thought, yep we can take off our best players and slow the pace down, this game is won now.

bsCallout

I didn't for one second say we were slow or lazy through any intention; I can't believe that you took that from my post :lol:

if you read my previous comments on this thread I said that something you can't fault under Ole is the players application and work ethic (exception possibly being Martial and until recently Pogba, maybe). With the games coming thick and fast the players are naturally going to look fecking knackered though. Every single team suffers from tiredness at some point but teams with better technique, possession and who kill games off can make the ball do a lot of work. There haven't been many games this season where I've thought, yep we can take off our best players and slow the pace down, this game is won now.
That's why I said on this forum. One fan argues we are a lazy, slow and pedestrian team, then you and other argue we play till burnout and fatigue.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Last season Ole gave Martial a right yelling during warmups against Cardiff because he was standing stil. And that was before the game. Safe to assume words were had after this game. Martial needs to find ways to contribute beacuse right now he's pulling the collective down.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Saf used to do a lot of due diligence on a players mentality looking at the parents usually especially the mother. To determine if the player has the right stuff to play for the biggest team in the world.