World's Greatest Six A-Side Team

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Who are the greatest six aside team in the world?

Where all players currently play for the same club or country?

Can United compete?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Brazil perhaps?

___________________Firmino

_______Neymar__________________Coutinho

_____________Marcelo_______Willian

___________________Ederson

Best thing would be Ederson + 5x Marcelo, of course.

FujiVice

FIFA Street used to be amazing. Rio, Nani, Ronaldo, Giggs and Rooney were quite great.

Brightonian

Specifically comparing the squads taken to this summer's World Cup, France come out top for me. You can put together a crazy combination of work rate, all-round skillsets, pace, power and ability, along with a perfect sweeper-keeper in Lloris:

Mbappe
Matuidi Kante Pogba
Varane
Lloris
Pogba is a dream six a-side player, because he will win so many different sorts of one-on-one situation. You could sub out Matuidi for Griezmann, who's definitely the sort of versatile, hard-running forward who does well in 5/6 a-side (!), but I reckon Matuidi's engine, running and defensive nous win out.

Honourable mentions to Belgium:

Lukaku
Hazard Dembele De Bruyne
Alderweireld
Courtois
And Spain:

Costa
Isco Busquets Koke
Azpilicueta
De Gea​

EasyE

Specifically comparing the squads taken to this summer's World Cup, France come out top for me. You can put together a crazy combination of work rate, all-round skillsets, pace, power and ability, along with a perfect sweeper-keeper in Lloris:

Mbappe
Matuidi Kante Pogba
Varane
Lloris
Pogba is a dream six a-side player, because he will win so many different sorts of one-on-one situation. You could sub out Matuidi for Griezmann, who's definitely the sort of versatile, hard-running forward who does well in 5/6 a-side (!), but I reckon Matuidi's engine, running and defensive nous win out.

Honourable mentions to Belgium:

Lukaku
Hazard Dembele De Bruyne
Alderweireld
Courtois
And Spain:

Costa
Isco Busquets Koke
Azpilicueta
De Gea​
Missing probably one of the most versatile and dynamic players on Spain's team in place of Cesar. Nevermind the omission of Silva!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Pretty much no CB should make any 6-aside team tbh unless they are exceptional.

Off-topic I suppose but I've found English people are absolutely terrible at 6-aside and have no clue how to play. I've played with many semi-pro English people in Canada who are better 11-aside players than me but I'll play them off the pitch in 6-aside. I guess that is what happens when its too cold and you spend half the year growing up playing 6-aside.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Who are the greatest six aside team in the world?

Where all players currently play for the same club or country?

Can United compete?
Current United? No chance.

Mbappe
Matuidi Kante Pogba
Varane
Lloris
I'd put Griezmann in, Chuck Matuidi.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Romero
Darmian Smalling
McTominay Fellaini
Lukaku

Let’s see some football

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
The most ridiculous 5 a side player has to be Modric

Subasic
Vrsjalko
Modric Rakitic
Mandzukic Perisic

Beats every team above in terms of work rate and still has enough skill and physique.

Skills

Snitch
Close control and shooting are the most important aspects. If you get a bit of space you need to be able to smash it in, which is why playing a defender is useless imo.

----Messi --- Suarez
--Coutinho----Iniesta (yes I know)
------------ Busquets
------------- Ter Steven
Would be a great team I think.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Courtois

Varane

Modric Kroos Isco

Hazard

If they sign for Madrid would be an exceptional 6-a-side team

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Spain 2010 would've been fun

-------------Casillas-
-------Alonso---Busquets
---Xavi----------------Iniesta
---------------Villa-----------

Good luck getting the ball off that lot.

Brightonian

Missing probably one of the most versatile and dynamic players on Spain's team in place of Cesar. Nevermind the omission of Silva!
Are we talking Ramos? His goal threat is pointless in six a-side, your 'defender' needs to always defend. Don't think I've ever seen a really good six a-side team that didn't make that choice. So that halves Ramos' worth, and then you've got to weigh him up against Azpilicueta being in his physical prime, his engine, having that perfect combination of CB and FB experience. He's perfect for that role, which is different from anything in 11 a-side.

Similar reasons why I picked Koke over Silva. Isco's already in there, Silva would make for a very unbalanced selection.

Canagel

Reina
Koulibaly
Jorginho Hamsik
Mertens Insigne

Not many teams have the understanding and chemistry these players had last season.

EasyE

Are we talking Ramos? His goal threat is pointless in six a-side, your 'defender' needs to always defend. Don't think I've ever seen a really good six a-side team that didn't make that choice. So that halves Ramos' worth, and then you've got to weigh him up against Azpilicueta being in his physical prime, his engine, having that perfect combination of CB and FB experience. He's perfect for that role, which is different from anything in 11 a-side.

Similar reasons why I picked Koke over Silva. Isco's already in there, Silva would make for a very unbalanced selection.
Great points.

Goal threats are never pointless however. He can strike a ball as good as any. His passing is fantastic and mentality wise he is one of the GOATs. The perfect small size game player. Defending is different on small sided games.. teams simply need to follow man for man and attack the ball well. If you're going to have just one pure defender it's a wee bit useless.

Good hypothetical thread this.

SER19

De gea

Matic
Pogba
Mata
Sanchez
Lukaku

Don’t need defenders in six a side let Matic and Pogba start from the back, nice interplay between the others, plus we’d never concede with ddg in 6 a side posts

Current Argentina would be alright

Romero
Otamendi
Dybala
Messi
Di Maria
Aguero

Some good 6 a siders there

pan pan

Supports
Chelsea
Courtois
Azpilicueta
Jorginho
Kante
Willan
Hazard

Robbo*

De gea

Matic
Pogba
Mata
Sanchez
Lukaku

Don’t need defenders in six a side let Matic and Pogba start from the back, nice interplay between the others, plus we’d never concede with ddg in 6 a side posts

Current Argentina would be alright

Romero
Otamendi
Dybala
Messi
Di Maria
Aguero

Some good 6 a siders there
Not sure how Lukaku would fare with even less space/his first touch.

Kaarel

Has to be a side with Messi surely?

Ter Stegen
Puyol
Busquets
Messi
Coutinho
Suarez

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
The idea of six aside is to have players with insane and high ball retention, close control, dribbling, reaction, vision, touch, and decision making. I went with some of the best at this.

Ederson
Leon Britton
Hazard
Iniesta
Messi
Busquets

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I play shit tons of 6 a side, having run a massive indoor facility for 10 years. Contrary to what I see written here, the teams that always win are the teams with the best defence. If you have two good defenders, and a good keeper, it’s almost impossible to break a team down. As long as your defenders can use the ball well, you score so many on the counter.