Worst Injury you've seen on a football pitch?

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
The Coventry game where Busst got his leg annihilated was my first time at Old Trafford as a kid :(. I don't really have any visual memory of it but I remember talking about Schmeichel being sick and them throwing buckets of water on the pitch to wash away all the blood.

Cina

It's almost as bad as having to watch a Mr Robot episode.
seriously, it's stuck in my head now, it's so bad. Oh my god why, why did I watch it, why. It's the worst ever. And I've seen 1 guy 1 jar ffs.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Holy christ that injury, feck sake. I could already imagine that Honduras player having seen some sick shit in his life knowing what I know about Honduras and then this injury. Life is so unfair.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Initially this one made me cringe... then I started to wonder what they did with the finger and I just can't get the thought out of my head.
He had it sewn back on but it was narly

slyadams

This is going back 30yrs, was playing a Sunday league game. One of the boys was putting the nets up prior to kick off. He jumped up to get the net on a hook but instead he hooked his wedding ring. Pulled his finger off, just hanging by skin. I can still hear him screaming now.
The tire tracks from the ambulance were still there weeks later.
Had something similar, was playing on big 7-a-side astros surrounded by that stiff green metal fencing which had the sharp endpoints at the top. Ball went over and for some reason this lad thought he's climb over the fence. Got to the top, dropped down the other side but his ring got caught and took ALL the soft tissue off completely, it was just bone. They ended up removing the finger right back to the wrist and his hand closed up so now he has a Simpson's hand.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
This gem from the Bundesliga sticks in the memory

Warning: bit grim.

Jesus man your bone is sticking out, stop running around trying to start on the manager!

Cina

Can someone less cowardly than me give a verbal description of what that video portrays?
A unicorn runs onto the pitch and starts hugging cute puppies that drop from the sky, whilst rainbows appear in the background.

oh, and Scarlett Johannsen comes along at the very end, naked, so stick with it!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Had something similar, was playing on big 7-a-side astros surrounded by that stiff green metal fencing which had the sharp endpoints at the top. Ball went over and for some reason this lad thought he's climb over the fence. Got to the top, dropped down the other side but his ring got caught and took ALL the soft tissue off completely, it was just bone. They ended up removing the finger right back to the wrist and his hand closed up so now he has a Simpson's hand.
Sounds excessive.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'd never realised rings were so dangerous. Even if you're an amateur you should really be taking jewellery off before playing.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Watch it, you pansy. It's not that bad, and I'm no fan of watching injuries either.
You're a hard man, Vato. I'm not bloody watching it. :D

gza said:
his foot stays planted and his knee gets driven in to the ground at a 90 degree angle the opposite of how it should be bending.
Sounds like some of my flatpack furniture construction efforts...

steve9

On TV it was this one. Watch it only if like to see a knie bended way over the top. I hope he's doing better now. It wasn't even a foul, at least in my opinion. Just an unbelievable amount of bad luck, and angle.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I always take my wedding ring off before a game, mainly more for the injuries I'd suffer if it fell off and I lost it.
And also because it makes it harder to flirt.

Adcuth

Not got the bottle to watch any vids or read many comments here. far too squeamish

pacifictheme

Not seen anything bad first hand, but Busst is the worst I recall seeing generally.
I was at that match. First game my brother had ever been to. Pretty sure the players had therapy after it was so bad.

justboy68

I was at an FC game a few years ago where an opposition player broke his neck in some way at a corner. The game was stopped for over an hour as the ambulances came (they didn't want to risk moving him) and it was quite a scary situation but apparently he was all right in the end. There was 30 minutes of stoppage time played because the game was 15 minutes into the second half, the actual length of the stoppage exceeded past what would have been full time.