g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Worst kits you can remember

DeGea

There have been some shockers down the years, let's be honest. Which one do you think was the worst? I'll start. For me, it's got to be the Chelsea away kit 94-96 season. Maybe there are more worthy candidates that I can't recall..

Absolute shocker!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There have been some shockers down the years, let's be honest. Which one do you think was the worst? I'll start. For me, it's got to be the Chelsea away kit 94-96 season. Maybe there are more worthy candidates that I can't recall..

Absolute shocker!
Tangerine and graphite. Peacock, Spackman, Burley, Furlong any Hopkin never looked better!

Prodigy24

The 90s had some absolute shockers. More recently, this one stands out for me. Suits that ugly club anyway.

page302

Absolutely the worst I've seen. Apart from football I've only ever seen that pattern on a bikini!
I’m going back some years to remember but if I recall that was the result of Hull City running a competition for fans to design their kit. Awful, yet as someone who grew up nearby, it brings back a lot of fond memories.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah Liverpool's kits with Warrior have been mostly abhorrent. Saw where they are changing to Nike though so it will probably improve some.

As far as United goes, I hated the checkered '13 home kit. That's probably a hot take though since many remember that year fondly for RVP and Fergie's last title. This year's home kit is dreadful too. The black shorts and weird socks are a no go from me. Honestly, I haven't really like any of our kits under Adidas bar a couple. Next year looks promising from what I have seen though.

Full bodied red

Yeah Liverpool's kits with Warrior have been mostly abhorrent. Saw where they are changing to Nike though so it will probably improve some.

As far as United goes, I hated the checkered '13 home kit. That's probably a hot take though since many remember that year fondly for RVP and Fergie's last title. This year's home kit is dreadful too. The black shorts and weird socks are a no go from me. Honestly, I haven't really like any of our kits under Adidas bar a couple. Next year looks promising from what I have seen though.

About the only one I've really liked was the third kit black shirt a few years ago, with orange stripes and badge and worn with white shorts a few times.

Simple, distinctive and quite classy.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm sure we would find much worst at Sunday League level, but we have to take in account that Premier League and other top competitions actually have professional designers doing their kits on behalf of Nike / Adidas / Umbro / Puma / etc, which make those ugly kits even more hilarious.

Not only the conceptual design was awful, but also the design was actually approved by board representatives to go on full scale production :D

Chipper

Adulterer.
Arsenal’s bruised banana
That kit came into my head when I saw the v shapes/chevrons on the Nigeria kit from last year's World Cup that a lot of people were raving about. I thought that Nigeria kit was seriously ugly, and while still not great remembered that Arsenal one as being a bit better than it.

DeGea

I mean, what the hell was this? Whoever designed this should be sacked.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Vomit-stained Celtic away shirt from the 1990s, the crashing graph line mirroring their success during the decade.