Worst Premier League Managers Ever

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Nathan Jones and his short, unsuccessful spell at Southampton has definitely put his name in the mix. But really I think it's his interviews making him a figure of fun that have done more harm to his reputation.

Point for point I'm sure the worst managers are de Boer, Billy Davies, Bob Bradley. But the likes of Les Reed and John Carver stick out too just for coming across incompetently in public and making bad situations worse.

Nick7

I genuinely thought Nathan Jones was just a Southampton coach that was thrown into the deep end as manager there until today.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sammy Lee at Bolton was similar. Took over solid top 10 prem team and he started his reign by losing 7 of his first 8 and eventually was sacked in mid October with them pretty much bottom.

I always remember he signed a guy called Gerard Cid who was one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in the prem, every single game he made an error that lead to a goal.

Chairman Steve

Remi Garde was awful at Villa. Nothing more humiliating than being sacked after being the replacement in the same season.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I always think of Souness. He repeatedly took good teams and made them worse, that is really much worse than what Jones did, even though he seemed arrogant.

Also Tony Adams. How did he get that job?

Sammy Lee was a good shout.

Robertd0803

Avram Grant
Steve kean
Paul Ince
Jurgen Klopp
I couldnt figure out Avram Grant being on this list after getting Chelsea to runners up on final day because I totally forgot he got West Ham and Portsmouth relegated until I checked :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Steve Kean. After Blackburn he went to manage in Brunei I think

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I genuinely thought Nathan Jones was just a Southampton coach that was thrown into the deep end as manager there until today.
Me too!

My first thought was "he's only a caretaker isn't he, how can he be sacked?"

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
As much as you might dislike some of these. Some answers are just not correct

souness had a good spell with Blackburn and Paul Jewell kept Bradford (who might be in contention of being worst ever pl side) in the league for his season

i think Nathan Jones is certainly a contender

Reditus

Me too!

My first thought was "he's only a caretaker isn't he, how can he be sacked?"
He was taken from Luton and he was their permanent manager. He definitely was seen as a full time manager. He just happened to fail badly. It was sad to see but he cracked badly and was just a very poor decision from Southampton.

turned out as well he was a bit of an odd character as well. One of those weird born again Christians.

Reditus

I also nominate Christian Gross

i will never forget his first press conference when he called their stadium Tottingham White Lane

CallyRed

In context, Nathan Jones has to be the worst. Majority of the ones mentioned were bad but they weren't strange hirings.
Sacking Hasenhuttl then hiring a guy who was shite at Stoke City was just baffling. He did a decent job at Luton, that is all.

paulscholes18

Neil Warnock, a top lower league manager but was either sacked or got relegated with every team he took to the premiership.

Robaldo

Most of these were managers of teams either destined for or battling relegation.

Ragnick on the other hand...

Gazza

Les Reed
Steve Kean

Both were not just bad but also had a whiff of dodgy about them. Kean has definitely been involved in some shady shit.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
De Boer was just a bizarre appointment. He’d have done better in a team that was, at least, remotely suited to what he would try to do as a manager.

Souness was pretty mixed. Did well at Blackburn. Oddly got manager of the month twice in his season at Southampton, despite them being stuck in the bottom half.